Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Number of visa on arrival by plane allowed?

Burgos123

I am planning to go to Thailand for 3 months. Tickets are very expensive at the moment, but I found a good one on Wednesday. That leaves me no time to get a 3 months tourist visa.

My question is if it is allowed to go with the 30day visa on arrival, and then go for a weekend in Vietnam by plane 2 times. I allready did one trip to Thailand this year.

Are there any other options - like applying for a visa, but receive after arrival?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

First, there is no 3-month Tourist Visa. There is a 60-day Tourist Visa that can be extended for another 30 days inside Thailand.

Second, you don’t get a Visa on Arrival, you are allowed to enter without a visa (Visa Exempt entry) for 30 days. This can also be extended for another 30 days inside Thailand.

If you want to stay 3 months then you’d only have to leave and return once, not twice. This shouldn’t be a problem at all.

One thing to be aware of is that if your return flight is 3 months away then your airline might give you a problem at check-in as you won’t have a visa. Sometimes there’s no problem, other times they won’t let you board unless you have a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days.

Obviously, at the moment you’d need a new Thailand Pass each time you enter Thailand.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

13 minutes ago, davidge said:

First, there is no 3-month Tourist Visa. There is a 60-day Tourist Visa that can be extended for another 30 days inside Thailand.

Second, you don’t get a Visa on Arrival, you are allowed to enter without a visa (Visa Exempt entry) for 30 days. This can also be extended for another 30 days inside Thailand.

If you want to stay 3 months then you’d only have to leave and return once, not twice. This shouldn’t be a problem at all.

One thing to be aware of is that if your return flight is 3 months away then your airline might give you a problem at check-in as you won’t have a visa. Sometimes there’s no problem, other times they won’t let you board unless you have a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days.

Obviously, at the moment you’d need a new Thailand Pass each time you enter Thailand.

You seem to be saying two different things in the two parts I highlighted above.  Can you stay 90 days on a 60 day by extending it or do you have to leave once?

Edited by Kale

19 minutes ago, Kale said:

You seem to be saying two different things in the two parts I highlighted above.  Can you stay 90 days on a 60 day by extending it or do you have to leave once?

A one time extension of 30 days is allowed per entry on a TV. Effectively allowing you to stay 90 continuous days in TH.

................................................................................................................

20 minutes ago, Kale said:

No, I’m not. I’m simply stating the rules as they are. If you get a visa (TR) then you can stay 3 months by getting an Extension inside Thailand.
The OP said he didn’t have time to get a visa so THE ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION is that he’d have to leave and re-enter once if he wants to stay 3 months.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, davidge said:

It would be pretty risky to find out at check-in if they accept you or not. Can I not find out beforehand? I am flying ThaiAirways - do you know how they normally react to this issue?

Thank you for all the information.

16 minutes ago, Burgos123 said:

It would be pretty risky to find out at check-in if they accept you or not. Can I not find out beforehand? I am flying ThaiAirways - do you know how they normally react to this issue?

If your worried just buy the cheapest flight out of Thailand possible, a throw away ticket. You don't have to go back home in 30 or 60 days, just have to leave Thailand.

22 minutes ago, Burgos123 said:

Honestly, no. The rules say you should have a ticket out of Thailand within the timeframe of the stay that is allowed, which is 30 days. IMO you are lucky if they don’t enforce it - but many people don’t have a problem.

If you don’t want to take the risk then either book a return within 30 days that you can change when you get to Thailand, or book a cheap flight out of Thailand within the 30 days eg Air Asia to Singapore.

If you are going to Vietnam anyway then you could book that within the 30 days and only do your extension after your second entry (though you face the same dilemma when you fly back from Vietnam).

Edit: I just checked and there are one way flights from Bangkok to Singapore around the 6 July for just over 2000 baht. KUL just under 2000.

BTW, if you plan to fly next Wednesday then you could well get the visa back in time. I’d certainly expect it back in that timeframe from the Embassy in London, I don’t know about Copenhagen. Most are online applications now.

I called the embassy today to hear. They tell me that they need 14 days. Dont understand why they need so long time, but that is what they said.

most likely you'll be fine without a flight out of the country. 

but i suggest: search for the cheapest flight (on the allowed dates) and be ready to book it (but don't do that yet). often it's an airasia flight to kuala lumpur. if the check-in gives you problems, book the flight on your phone within a few minutes and you're good to go. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/06/2022 at 21:55, davidge said:

Does a Visa Exempt entry for 30 days require a fully paid accommodation for the entire 30 days , or is just a address where your staying on the arrival card okay ,as it was pre covid times , I travel in July, Regards Popa

11 minutes ago, papabear1960 said:

Does a Visa Exempt entry for 30 days require a fully paid accommodation for the entire 30 days , or is just a address where your staying on the arrival card okay ,as it was pre covid times , I travel in July, Regards Popa

No requirement to have accommodation booked for entire stay. I am hearing reports in last couple of days of immigration actually checking for a flight out of Thailand within 30 days, which they don’t usually bother with. Think it’s because so many people stayed on Covid Extensions and they’re trying to stop abuse of the system now travel is easier again.