IGNORED

Playable Golf Courses in Pattaya

Tuna Town

Be back in town in a month's time and am looking to play some more golf. Haven't done the full circuit but will be playing golf one day with some players who ain't as proficient in the game as myself 

What I am looking for is some advice on playing a track somewhere that may be a little more playable to someone who is going around in 100plus scores.

Water and bunkers and all that stuff is irrelevant to me and I don't fear that stuff but playing with others I am in need of a course that keeps that stuff to a respectable level they won't find terrifying that they will want to tap out on after a few holes 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Crystal Bay, quite forgiving IMO, but not generally in a very good condition.

I think most of the courses are quite playable - the more difficult/long are the likes of Burapha and Lam Chabang. St Andrews is quite challenging and one of its sister courses (I think Silky Oak) has way too much water for dudes shooting 100.

I am only a mid handicapper playing off 16, courses I enjoy are Bangpara, Emerald and Treasure Hill. All of these are reasonably straightforward in my opinion.

There is a description of all the Chonburi courses on the Thaigerline Golf website. https://thaigerline.golf/

28F8748B-4BC4-4C15-8D75-D2A6607DBC8A.png

3 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I think most of the courses are quite playable - the more difficult/long are the likes of Burapha and Lam Chabang. St Andrews is quite challenging and one of its sister courses (I think Silky Oak) has way too much water for dudes shooting 100.

I am only a mid handicapper playing off 16, courses I enjoy are Bangpara, Emerald and Treasure Hill. All of these are reasonably straightforward in my opinion.

There is a description of all the Chonburi courses on the Thaigerline Golf website. https://thaigerline.golf/

Appreciate the link and map!

• Thanks 2

Plutaluang Navy Course in Sattahip is a great course for high handicappers.  Also a bargain these days.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Treasure Hill is a nightmare for high handicappers. I’ve seen people shoot 130 odd there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Treasure Hill is a nightmare for high handicappers. I’ve seen people shoot 130 odd there 

Way too many trees IMO. Some greens are very sloping and tricky. I didn't play there on my recent trip, lots of good deals on better courses for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes in a social setting if I'm playing with high handicappers or beginners, I will let them bring a ball out onto the fairway , if their shot is obstructed then I let them place it in a reasonably playable position. once they get to ten it's pick it up and move to the next hole. This keeps things moving along and not too painful.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, penboy said:

Way too many trees IMO. Some greens are very sloping and tricky. I didn't play there on my recent trip, lots of good deals on better courses for me.

I have it right at the bottom of the Pattaya courses. Frustrating, not especially picturesque and not very convenient. 

Big hate/hate relationship with that course with me 

9 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I played Treasure Hill a few years back and I found it tough and so did everyone else in the Golf Bar so I don't know if I agree on that being an easy track 

Emerald I ain't played but I also remember playing at Bangpra with all the monkeys and you had to hit the ball below the hole otherwise you were putting down hill and couldn't stop the ball rolling off the green 

I agree on St Andrews as I was initially thinking Green Valley but then it occurred to me that course you are only a few yards away from the shit on most holes anyway even after good shots and St Andrews was harder than Green Valley from my recollection of about 7 years ago 

58 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

Sometimes in a social setting if I'm playing with high handicappers or beginners, I will let them bring a ball out onto the fairway , if their shot is obstructed then I let them place it in a reasonably playable position. once they get to ten it's pick it up and move to the next hole. This keeps things moving along and not too painful.

I will play as per Rules of Golf 

My playing partners can play preferred lies and whatever else they want. I will also be advocating them to play off a tee block or two closer than I will be 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

I will play as per Rules of Golf 

My playing partners can play preferred lies and whatever else they want. I will also be advocating them to play off a tee block or two closer than I will be 

That’s what we do up in Udon Thani. The low marker (off 4) plays off the back tees. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

That’s what we do up in Udon Thani. The low marker (off 4) plays off the back tees. 

I don't understand the concept of guys playing off the back tees when they ain't up to it 

If you a 25 marker play off some tees that will make your golf a challenge but enjoyable 

If you are a 10 marker play off a tee block further back than the 25 marker but still challenge you but still be enjoyable 

No one wants to play 460yard par 4s and 230yard par 3s 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

I don't understand the concept of guys playing off the back tees when they ain't up to it 

If you a 25 marker play off some tees that will make your golf a challenge but enjoyable 

If you are a 10 marker play off a tee block further back than the 25 marker but still challenge you but still be enjoyable 

No one wants to play 460yard par 4s and 230yard par 3s 

For the most part I agree with you TT. But my experience has been that I have some golf buddy's that are huge off the tee, but have crap short games. My rule of thumb for selecting tees is what will my distance be to the green. Although I am a higher handicap (erratic off the tee), I select the tees that I where I should be able to be on the green in regulation. If you hit a good drive off the tee and are still hitting 3 iron or a wood to reach a par 4, FFS move up a tee box or two 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BeachLover1967 said:

For the most part I agree with you TT. But my experience has been that I have some golf buddy's that are huge off the tee, but have crap short games. My rule of thumb for selecting tees is what will my distance be to the green. Although I am a higher handicap (erratic off the tee), I select the tees that I where I should be able to be on the green in regulation. If you hit a good drive off the tee and are still hitting 3 iron or a wood to reach a par 4, FFS move up a tee box or two 😆

Agreed! 230 yd par 3s are no fun, but always having less than 130 in is no fun either. Id rather challenge myself with some long par 3's than have driver wedge all day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1