IGNORED

When TG deletes you in Line for no reason

On more than one occasion some TG regulars of mine would appear as "Empty Chat" in my Line, even though I was in good standing with them and no reason why they would just delete me.  When I would eventually contact them through other means (like TF profile), they would apologize and say their phone crashed, or they changed phone, and give me their new Line ID.  That seems like a BS explanation to me - when you just switch to a different phone all your Line friends should remain active, even if you create a new Line account on the new phone, your old account is still out there.   If I see "empty chat", either I got deleted by TG, or TG's entire old Line account got deleted.  My guess is they probably do some regular purging of their Line friends and I get caught up in the purge, accidentally or not.  Not sure how they can delete their entire Line account - does someone report them to Line, or they do some spamming to have their entire account busted by Line?? 

Edited by vuip977

They often make new Line, new Facebook etc.. Just a purge I think many times or they don't have the technical know how to import the account/forgot the password. Honestly, if 99% of the TGs on my Line deleted me, I wouldn't even notice.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 3

Easy to lose Line if forget password dont transfer contacts reset etc. Never mind leave chats with no other reason we aren't fawning over them or their posts

I wouldn't worry about it certainly if you can contact them another way

Girls will be Girls and if you can figure out their mindset let us all know because I gave up years ago 555

My guess is either they are in trouble with the authorities, sponsor or someone close to them  is and they erase the whole lot as a precautionary measure. Seen it on what occasion outside Thailand when girl’s sister was picked up by cops at a nightspot. She erased everything within an hour. Came to know of its a few days later. 

"Empty Chat" means that their Line account is deleted. It’s nothing personal against you.

If they delete you from their contact list or block you, you get no notification or "Empty Chat". But you might not be able to view their personal Line posts anymore, only their global Line posts.

See this topic for more info and tips:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dutcher said:

If they delete you from their contact list or block you, you get no notification or "Empty Chat"

Ok I didn't know that.  I knew I'd get no notification when they block me, but I thought if they deleted me from their contacts I would still get "Empty Chat".  That clears it for me.

13 minutes ago, Dutcher said:

"Empty Chat" means that their Line account is deleted. It’s nothing personal against you.

Can someone simply delete their Line account (as opposed to Line deleting it because of violations)?

EDIT: Never mind the question.  Just found "Delete Account" in the settings.  So that's what they must be doing, for whatever reason.

Edited by vuip977

1 minute ago, vuip977 said:

Can someone simply delete their Line account (as opposed to Line deleting it because of violations)?

Yes

One problem is they often link the line account to the phone number (not email+password). So there's no recovery. 

Another, as mentioned, is they do change accounts all the time for various reasons.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

40 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

One problem is they often link the line account to the phone number (not email+password). So there's no recovery. 

Another, as mentioned, is they do change accounts all the time for various reasons.

Yes, seems a lot of time they change it because “old one not lucky” etc 

Girls are always getting new phones and many don't know how to back up their various apps/accounts.  Don't think too much as if it's something sinister against you. 

38 minutes ago, Wolf Cat said:

Girls are always getting new phones and many don't know how to back up their various apps/accounts.  Don't think too much as if it's something sinister against you. 

The girls and the younger generations are well versed with mobile phones. They are always playing with it and they reach out to the ones in the know if there is an issue. A lot of the phones joints in the malls and alleyways will do the Line transfers as part of the service when a phone is purchased. 

This notion of Thais and Thai girls not been intelligent or wise to the new world reeks of ignorance. For christ sake, Line is their livelihood. 

@Joeleg not true mate. I've met several TGs that were clueless about these things. Yet, indeed, addicted to their phones.

1 minute ago, Thomaz73 said:

@Joeleg not true mate. I've met several TGs that were clueless about these things. Yet, indeed, addicted to their phones.

If they are addicted, they will go crazy losing their contacts and will seek help. I learnt about phone shops helping with Line transfer from the girls. I do expect some exceptions but not in the main. Maybe my experience Mate. 

I've known a couple girls who deleted their Line accounts after they moved in with a boyfriend/got married. Others lost/destroyed their phones out partying and didn't have it tied to an email or Facebook account for recovery.

• Like 2

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

1 minute ago, Joeleg said:

they will go crazy losing their contacts and will seek help

Crazy, yes. Helpless also. An actual ex gf was unable to recover anything after loosing her phone. It's not uncommon. Not saying it would have been impossible. But she was just clueless about how to handle such things. Even with me trying to teach her. Off topic, I think that whole experience contributed to the break up.