IGNORED

Hotel recommendation for 2 week stay in the mid May 2022

PatsGuy

I have been going to pattaya for many years.. Walking St was my go to point.. mainly Red Car and Insomnia.  Word on the street is that WS is not that good at this point in time.. I am thinking of moving my base of operations to Soi Baukhao .. I have never really hung out much in that area.. So I am looking for a suitable hotel in that area.

Criteria 

1. about 1000bt / night

2. Good wifi

3. At least 32" LCD tv

4. Quiet during the day.

My top two contenders are D hotel and Acqua hotelAcqua hotel website says there are no free rooms but on the generic website like Agoda etc they have availability.  I hear D hotel has poor wifi.  I would rather use wifi than a GSM sim.

There are so many options and yet some say stay clear of certain hotels.. 

I am thinking at this point book for one week then if all good the second week or just have time to look myself for another hotel in the second week.

I read on Agoda review somebody got was asked to pay 300baht joiner fee for bringing a lady back? I was hoping to stay there myself, have you stayed there Mad Max and was there a joiner fee?

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2022 at 05:22, mistergs said:

I read on Agoda review somebody got was asked to pay 300baht joiner fee for bringing a lady back? I was hoping to stay there myself, have you stayed there Mad Max and was there a joiner fee?

Nooo.. they can't do that.. there is a sign out front saying just that.. No lady fee.. Do not pay anyone to take a lady to your room.

On 03/05/2022 at 11:52, PatsGuy said:

I have been going to pattaya for many years.. Walking St was my go to point.. mainly Red Car and Insomnia.  Word on the street is that WS is not that good at this point in time.. I am thinking of moving my base of operations to Soi Baukhao .. I have never really hung out much in that area.. So I am looking for a suitable hotel in that area.

Criteria 

1. about 1000bt / night

2. Good wifi

3. At least 32" LCD tv

4. Quiet during the day.

My top two contenders are D hotel and Acqua hotelAcqua hotel website says there are no free rooms but on the generic website like Agoda etc they have availability.  I hear D hotel has poor wifi.  I would rather use wifi than a GSM sim.

There are so many options and yet some say stay clear of certain hotels.. 

I am thinking at this point book for one week then if all good the second week or just have time to look myself for another hotel in the second week.

I'm struggling to understand why you actually need to "move your base of operations" simply because you're gonna dick about around Soi Buakhao rather than WS, surely virtually anywhere central Pattaya would be convenient given Pattaya is a doddle to get around. Where did you stay when you trawled WS?

Probably my post is too late, you're probably already in Pattaya.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, slalom said:

I'm struggling to understand why you actually need to "move your base of operations" simply because you're gonna dick about around Soi Buakhao rather than WS, surely virtually anywhere central Pattaya would be convenient given Pattaya is a doddle to get around. Where did you stay when you trawled WS?

Probably my post is too late, you're probably already in Pattaya.

I am here at Sleep with me hotel..  I use to stay on Soi BJ in the heart of WS, Jasmine hotel has now closed.  Here is more beer bars and I am not a sit at a bar drinking kind of guy.  Listening to another live band play hotel California again will do my head in.. 

On this trip I am heavily relying on my TF contacts.  I find myself still going to WS to hit Windmill and then iBar.  The kind of girls I prefer are more out for a good time with their girlfriends and not freelancers.  Getting a girl like this to come back to your room when staying in WS is very doable while going back to my hotel where i am now is a lot more difficult.  And currently iBar does not have many girls like this.. some yes but not enough for me.

I know lots of guys like the beer bar scene.. so if that is your thing it is very much alive and happening in this area.  If WS get back into full swing I will probably go back there on my next trip.  For now I am happy where I am.

On 05/05/2022 at 05:22, mistergs said:

Sleep with Me Hotel...I read on Agoda review somebody got asked to pay 300 bahts joiner fee for bringing a lady back?

The rate to book a room for two is normally the same as the same room booked for one.

I've never been asked for a visitor fee when bringing back one girl.

Some hotels do charge for a second girl, but now that I'm getting older I find one is quite enough !