IGNORED

Thai food

Am I just looking in the wrong places or is it hard to find good thai food in Pattaya these days?

I remember 12 years ago there were many places (perhaps in a different area).

It seems too much western food and i guess it is catering to what is in demand.

I know 2 good places to sit in and have excellent thai food. Jasmin cafe and a place that isnt around anymore.

Ive tried kiss, beer hub and a few other places. Not impressed and thinking of just going to bangkok for rest of my trip. I come here for the food as much as the girls.

My favourites for Thai Food are:

Tum Sa-Dung (ตำสะดุ้ง)

- Prajanban (in front of Harbor Mall)

Excelent for a date with a TG :P

52 minutes ago, phatpat said:

come here for the food as much as the girls

Do you like seafood? If so any of the Mum Aroi restaurants, Pupen on Jomtien Beach Rd.

I like Jasmine as well and as was mentioned Prajanban where I'm actually thinking about going to tonight.

• Like 1

Cant eat seafood unfortunately. Will have a look at those suggestions thank u.

If u want banging isaan food check this place out.

I can especially recommend their larb moo or moo nam tok with sticky rice, as well as their som tam.

Larb Ubon Tam Tray, Mae Phit, Mae Phon +66 80 096 5282 https://maps.app.goo.gl/1V2nWFf5rXNUBqmD8

• Like 2

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Before getting my balls drained in Camel Toe I like to get a bowl of noodle soup across the street. It's very delicious:

Torpak boat noodle
+66 33 122 949
https://maps.app.goo.gl/CFFgYjrGPDKYQi7L8

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

The Thai place at the end of Soi pothole on the corner of 3rd road I have always found to be very good and is often only full of Thais (usually a good sign as the Thais are fussy) and I have been the only Farang eating there many times.

21 hours ago, ChaChaBoomBoom said:

The Thai place at the end of Soi pothole on the corner of 3rd road I have always found to be very good and is often only full of Thais (usually a good sign as the Thais are fussy) and I have been the only Farang eating there many times.

I’ll second this recommendation. Always visit a few times every trip.

On 03/05/2022 at 16:42, phatpat said:

It seems too much western food

555, not too hard to find good Thai food in Thailand, as for the "too much western food" remark, I'd suggest getting out of the typical tourist traps.

On 14/05/2022 at 13:21, ChaChaBoomBoom said:

Google Map link for this place please?

• 1 month later...

I found some great thai food places but you need to get out of central pattaya. The ones I ate were off the Soi's leading to third rd from Soi Buakhao. Plenty of great restaurants serving all my favourite dishes from crispy pork with kale to green curries.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 year later...

It's fascinating to see how dining trends can evolve over the years. While your post is from a year ago, the quest for authentic Thai food in Pattaya remains intriguing.

On 01/09/2023 at 15:32, greatmcmetal said:

It's fascinating to see how dining trends can evolve over the years. While your post is from a year ago, the quest for authentic Thai food in Pattaya remains intriguing.

If you're still on the lookout for those genuine flavors, remember that nature foods can sometimes offer a unique twist to traditional dishes.

Exploring the local culinary scene can be a delightful adventure, and seeking out places with rich Thai flavors is a journey in itself. If you ever find yourself in Bangkok or other parts of Thailand, you might discover hidden gems that satisfy both your taste buds and your craving for authenticity.

Pattaya isn’t great for good food in truth. It’s probably best to ask the girls where they eat. If you want good Thai food, spend a bit of extra time in Bangkok and venture away from the tourist areas.

Unfortunately the Best Thai food are found at the Street vendors.

One of my favourite places to eat Fried Chicken is the Street vendor near L.K Metropole hotel.

Funnily enough I trained my gut up last trip to the point where eating Street food daily didn't affect me, but eating food At Home in Aus affected my stomach badly.