Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

United Airlines award ticket availability to/from US is excellent now

vivalv2001

Great availability for those who are holding United Airlines miles right now and looking to fly business class to BKK.   Most US cities to BKK are pricing at 60,000 United miles each way plus around $55 in taxes/fees.   Many routes have up to 4 seats.   Just make sure the flight to/from BKK is on Thai Airways to get it to price at 60k.   ANA to/from BKK and USA aren't available at 60k unfortunately.   

I just booked next January via DEN and NRT with excellent layover times.   Best use of points to Thailand in years for me.   

On 20/04/2022 at 10:37, vivalv2001 said:

Great availability for those who are holding United Airlines miles right now and looking to fly business class to BKK.   Most US cities to BKK are pricing at 60,000 United miles each way plus around $55 in taxes/fees.   Many routes have up to 4 seats.   Just make sure the flight to/from BKK is on Thai Airways to get it to price at 60k.   ANA to/from BKK and USA aren't available at 60k unfortunately.   

I just booked next January via DEN and NRT with excellent layover times.   Best use of points to Thailand in years for me.   

This was mentioned in the long haul business class thread in this section and it turns out the leg on Thai between NRT and BKK was in economy. Were you able to get business on the Thai leg, too? Also, what class of service did you get on the domestic flight between your home city and Denver? 

I also saw second flight in economy

All flights biz would be too good to be true

US City - Denver : United First

Den-NRT: United Polaris Biz 

NRT-BKK:  Thai Air Biz 

I did see several days where the NRT-BKK was in economy but also numerous days with Biz class all the way. 

I just did some more searching and the 60k inventory appears gone - all of it.   For all dates and all cities.   Looks like it mightve been a short term award sale or a pricing error. 

Las Vegas, Nevada to Jakarta is going to use up 219,000 United miles in my July trip - all flights are in Business class. Presently quoting $7,787 from my city. Could fly out of EWR for $4,990. 

Same thing with American. Cost a fortune to fly to CGK (Jakarta) from the West coast. But out of JFK, I got Business class for $2,534 for a trip in October/November. So, I bought a ticket to JFK with miles, and booked a room near the airport. Same thing for the return leg, buy a hotel, and domestic flight home on award miles. 

Bangkok for 60K each way would be nice, if all in Business. Personal choice, but I cannot see flying Economy class on long haul trans-oceanic these days. However, recently flew in Premium Economy with no complaints.

Edited by Bira

TGOEA

2 hours ago, Bira said:

Las Vegas, Nevada to Jakarta is going to use up 219,000 United miles in my July trip - all flights are in Business class. Presently quoting $7,787 from my city. Could fly out of EWR for $4,990. 

Same thing with American. Cost a fortune to fly to CGK (Jakarta) from the West coast. But out of JFK, I got Business class for $2,534 for a trip in October/November. So, I bought a ticket to JFK with miles, and booked a room near the airport. Same thing for the return leg, buy a hotel, and domestic flight home on award miles. 

Bangkok for 60K each way would be nice, if all in Business. Personal choice, but I cannot see flying Economy class on long haul trans-oceanic these days. However, recently flew in Premium Economy with no complaints.

I’ve had to get a room and overnight at EWR and DTW before to make award itineraries work. Being an aviation enthusiast, if I ever had to overnight at JFK, I’d love to try the hotel they made out of the old TWA terminal (link).

Yea, I suppose it’s something of a novelty. Probably fairly decent quality hotel. I never flew on TWA internationally, but enjoyed flying on their L-1011s domestically. Impressive machine in many ways.

I went with a Bonvoy property for the front end and back end stays. 

TGOEA

I was thrilled to get a United award in November OW from LAS-ORD-TPE-BKK for 99,000 miles.

I'm concerned about EVA's availability (although TPE SHOULD be open for transit passengers long before then) and getting stuck in a blizzard in Chicago, but fingers crossed it works out.

Too often even mixed cabin fares are showing as 180,000 miles each way on my United searches.