IGNORED

Pattaya or Jomtien for condo rental

Slope shredder

Hi Guys,

Just tghought I'd pose a question that others may be interested in the answers and I would appreciate BM's input.

I will be 62 when i hope to visit the LOS again and this time I was going to rent a condo via airbnb. I am not a nightclub person but I do like the vibe on Soi 6.

I am considering going LLT with a bar girl and was wondering would I be better off renting in Pattaya or Jomtien.

🙂

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice :12:

• 2 weeks later...

I went thru a similar evaluation, and put hotel vs. Condo, in the mix before finalizing my upcoming trip and I decided a Jomtien Condo was best for my 30 day stay- due to the fact that I do enjoy more of a laid back atmosphere of Jomtien while being very near to Pattaya- this area also has more concentration of European expats and tourists vs. in some areas of Pattaya which seem to have concentrations of other nationalities.  I also think Jomtien has a cleaner feel and look to it as well and seemingly more higher end restaurants accessible on or off the main streets.  The condo provides more space, a kitchenette, and reduced cost per day adds high value.  Some condos do have a reputation about deposits and cleanliness so that need to be considered before renting.

• 2 weeks later...

I have wondered the same thing and I always end up thinking, if I stay in Jomtien,  maybe the girls will blow me off more because they dont want to make the trip out there so much as if I was living in Pattaya. If I knew I could get the same convenience, Id probably live in Jomtien and try it out.

I know you said you have a LLT, but if single, that would be my concern and I will be single.

Edited by Sanook4me
  • Like 2

Currently Jomtien is much cheaper. As a rough rule of thumb, you get double the floor space for the same price compared to central Pattaya.

I intend to stay in Jomtien for the first time on my next trip. The attraction to late night, gogos etc. has waned over the years.

14 minutes ago, penboy said:

Currently Jomtien is much cheaper. As a rough rule of thumb, you get double the floor space for the same price compared to central Pattaya.

I intend to stay in Jomtien for the first time on my next trip. The attraction to late night, gogos etc. has waned over the years.

There is a reason it is cheaper.

Jack

45 minutes ago, axunjaxn said:

There is a reason it is cheaper.

Jack

Go on, I'll bite, tell us more, you know you want to :)

On 13/04/2022 at 21:27, Slope shredder said:

Hi Guys,

Just tghought I'd pose a question that others may be interested in the answers and I would appreciate BM's input.

I will be 62 when i hope to visit the LOS again and this time I was going to rent a condo via airbnb. I am not a nightclub person but I do like the vibe on Soi 6.

I am considering going LLT with a bar girl and was wondering would I be better off renting in Pattaya or Jomtien.

🙂

Posted this is another thread recently and don’t want to type the same thing over and over again. If you look at the Jomtien section of the forum there’s also a thread I started a few years ago that might give you an idea of Jomtien.

don’t want to take the thread too far off topic, but if I can comment as someone who now actually stays in Jomtien every trip rather than some people that have never stayed there who just write it off and are always negative…

To go from Jomtien into Pattaya you stand on the side of the road and won’t be waiting more than 5 minutes for a baht bus to stop most of the time. In high season at busy times such as early evening, you might have a longer wait as they tend to be full (though it used to be largely because of Russians). It can take between 15 and 30 minutes to get to, say, Royal Garden area depending on traffic. Once in high season with roadworks on second road it took 55 minutes to get to Mike’s Department store but that’s very unusual.

To get back to Jomtien you get on at the school at Tai/2nd junction. They wait until full but it doesn’t usually take too long. It’s not always comfortable as they try to get 6 each side and 3 standing on the back. Never really too slow getting back to Jomtien.

If you use mototaxis then there are loads around. I used Grab quite often, though it was 190-220 baht one way. Bolt is now much cheaper.

As I’ve said before on here, Jomtien isn’t for everyone but suits a lot of people. I go into Pattaya most days late morning and maybe 4 nights a week and I don’t find it too much hassle. If you wanted to go 3 or 4 times a day every day it would get a bit much I think.

(one rider to all of this is I haven’t been since Covid shut everything down so things could have changed)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

30 minutes ago, penboy said:

Go on, I'll bite, tell us more, you know you want to :)

Davidge summed it up. I have lots of friends that live there.  But most of them meet me in Pattaya. It is like the P.I. Some love it and some do not. I just do not like Jomtien . I do not find anything better except the prices. I have tried to like it because of the prices but I just prefer Pattaya. So quick and easy here.

Jack

• 4 months later...

Jomtien is better because:

- Better beach, Clean

- Quieter Place, better Air Polution

- Cheaper Condo Rent prices, more Space for less Money

- Cheaper food, woman

• 2 weeks later...

What about the Pratumnak area? Right in the middle of Jomtien and Pattaya, no baht bus, true, but nowadays, in the Bolt taxi era, this is not that much of a problem anymore. Right near a nice and cozy beach, Soi 5 offers many dining/cafe/7-11/massage options. with 10,000 Baht a month for a year rental can get you a nice 35 -40 square meter one bedroom condo (The Winner, Siam Oriental/Park Royal 3,...).

I admit I never stayed in the area long term, but i've seen some recent videos on YouTube and it actually looks quite interesting...

• 3 months later...
On 17/10/2022 at 01:33, miha101 said:

What about the Pratumnak area? Right in the middle of Jomtien and Pattaya, no baht bus, true, but nowadays, in the Bolt taxi era, this is not that much of a problem anymore. Right near a nice and cozy beach, Soi 5 offers many dining/cafe/7-11/massage options. with 10,000 Baht a month for a year rental can get you a nice 35 -40 square meter one bedroom condo (The Winner, Siam Oriental/Park Royal 3,...).

I admit I never stayed in the area long term, but i've seen some recent videos on YouTube and it actually looks quite interesting...

On 17/10/2022 at 01:33, miha101 said:

I think Pratamnak is a very interesting place. It is a nice area between Pattaya and Jomtien with a lot of advantages. It is a more quiet and green area with 2 green hills (Bid Buddha, and the Pattaya sight seeing point ) , which are called the Beverly Hills area of Pattaya. Pratamnak hills also offer also a nice recreation area with outdoor activities. It is a short ride to Walking Street or to Jomtien Beach. To me it one of the best places to stay in Pattaya.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend Jomtien too. I go there most summers for 2 months approx and rent a Condo. It's a must nice place than Pattaya downtown, quieter, & chill. Plenty of lower key places to meet girls etc too. Pratumnak is minutes away, and Pattaya so easy to get too. For example, I'd often go down to Pattaya at night for an hour, grab a Turkish Kebab, do a loop of Soi Buakow, and back to the condo in Jomtien before midnight for an early night. 

There's loads of condo & accommodation options all over Jomtien. Really you are not as far away from Pattaya as you think, it's hardly 2 kms away.