Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Trip Stay Lineup: The Base, Sea Me Spring Too, LK Empress

basilchicken

Starting off this time A-One for the Test & Go

then The Base Condo for longest part of my trip - best value, facilities, and Im sure its a ghost town right now as China on lockdown. I Love the Base; yes its tiny but atleast its 4 different areas with wall separation - living room, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, and yes an equally tiny balcony. But as the areas are all separate unlike VT6 open floor plan places, I find it spacious & comfortable. Location is excellent - empty, quiet Soi 11 alley straight to the beach. Central right up the block. TT exchange booth by the 7-11 at corner of Soi Honey. 

Did book the Edge for 3 days but ended up cancelling it after I looked again and again at the bedroom/condo pix and determined the obvious - it IS too small, especially with no balcony, just a slide window like a prison, and price more than double of Base, nope. Perhaps next trip Ill do a 1 day stay just to snap some pix on the spectacular rooftop pool. 

Few days at Sea Me Spring Too on Soi 10 - stayed there before I found The Base; its decent although a bit outdated. Huge, spacious rooms, and spacious bathrooms; not sink next to toilet next to shower. Their pool has great views as well. Location is ofcourse spectacular. Soi 10 is lovely peaceful and quiet, as only bars are at the end on 2nd road. 

And ending it with a long stay at LK Empress - epic location, love their breakfast out in the open; great place to drink on beach road if beer bars are not your thing. Their 'gold' decor theme is a bit obnoxious, but its still a comfortable stay with a small balcony. 

Took a while to get the right lineup! Now planning for Cambo/Phnom Menh hotels 😮💨 (dont want the default Sun & Moon hotel Ive read about everywhere...) 

I know I said Ill do Hilton this time (in barstool thread), but at 4k baht/night and this being my long awaited P4P trip, I dont think Im that interested in 'experiencing' luxury. Next trip once TP is removed and have a longer stay Ill pepper my stay with Hilton & likes of Hard Rock etc 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, penboy said:

How many m2 were  the sizes of the condos where you stayed?

The Base Condos are 35 sqm; but the layout is great as it basically four chambers: Bathroom, Living Room, Bed Room and Kitchen; and a small 5 sqm balcony; can put a chair out and even a small table smoke a ciggy no problem. 

I ended up cancelling both Sea Me Spring & LK Empress; both hotels look empty/dead; the outside bar for Lk Empress is closed. Staying at The Base for ALL of my duration now. 

2 hours ago, basilchicken said:

The Base Condos are 35 sqm; but the layout is great as it basically four chambers: Bathroom, Living Room, Bed Room and Kitchen; and a small 5 sqm balcony; can put a chair out and even a small table smoke a ciggy no problem. 

I ended up cancelling both Sea Me Spring & LK Empress; both hotels look empty/dead; the outside bar for Lk Empress is closed. Staying at The Base for ALL of my duration now. 

Spring for one of the two-bedroom end-units next time you stay at The Base. Much larger space - really nice.

I wish we could get these sort of reviews for the Colombian thread as really feel better about ratings in Thailand than what I see in Colombia.  Have to say though that it is a bit subjective as for myself I would find the open floorplan better than one that is divided off by little rooms.  

7 hours ago, rioman said:

I wish we could get these sort of reviews for the Colombian thread as really feel better about ratings in Thailand than what I see in Colombia.  Have to say though that it is a bit subjective as for myself I would find the open floorplan better than one that is divided off by little rooms.  

Agree, I also like a bigger open floorplan. Big sliding glass doors with a clear view like the WS side sea view rooms at VT6 are perfect

The Base getting busier but think the long stay/hotel ratio is a bit better but hotel use still the greater. Found parking on lower level every night except one. Came back to Udon on the 15th after a 16 day stay and wife says we can go back next Wed. or Thursday.

9 hours ago, rioman said:

For you then VT6 View Talay 6 is best option; saw some of those on AirBnb and Agoda as well; same price $35-50 range a night. Essentially one large room with open kitchen, bed, sofa, and a nice large balcony. Location ofcourse excellent. 

1 hour ago, jetdoc said:

The Base getting busier but think the long stay/hotel ratio is a bit better but hotel use still the greater. Found parking on lower level every night except one. Came back to Udon on the 15th after a 16 day stay and wife says we can go back next Wed. or Thursday.

It is I want to say perhaps more occupied (The Base) than I have ever seen it, but weirdly it seems less busier than when the Chinese masses were staying. Mostly because chinese are tourists doing toursity things all day, so high volume of traffic all day (going to pool, going out to eat, going to sight seeing etc) 

Right now its like 60% farang long term stays - ppl staying for 1-2-3 months (as told by my AirBnb host), and 40% local Thais long term stays. Elevators are easily available. Barely anyone at pool after 7pm. Pool is right now open till 10pm, which is very awesome as can hang out rooftop till night. 

3 minutes ago, basilchicken said:

It is I want to say perhaps more occupied (The Base) than I have ever seen it, but weirdly it seems less busier than when the Chinese masses were staying. Mostly because chinese are tourists doing toursity things all day, so high volume of traffic all day (going to pool, going out to eat, going to sight seeing etc) 

Right now its like 60% farang long term stays - ppl staying for 1-2-3 months (as told by my AirBnb host), and 40% local Thais long term stays. Elevators are easily available. Barely anyone at pool after 7pm. Pool is right now open till 10pm, which is very awesome as can hang out rooftop till night. 

How many nights are you staying in pattaya 

4 minutes ago, basilchicken said:

Do they have 2 pools? 1 rooftop and 1 at ground level? How busy do they get and is there much shade if required.

A nice pool area is essential for me.

3 minutes ago, penboy said:

Do they have 2 pools? 1 rooftop and 1 at ground level? How busy do they get and is there much shade if required.

A nice pool area is essential for me.

Yup 2 pools, like you said 1 rooftop 31st Floor 1 5th Floor; 5th floor is empty/one person swimming all day; rooftop usually quite busy ofcourse. 

5th Floor one is in area thats shaded pretty much all day. Rooftop also has shade, and a lounge nearby to hang out too under A/C. 

Check out listings/reviews on AirBnb. 

image.jpeg.47e11046d58a39732a39d44098fc1388.jpeg 

B pool from bedroom window 7th floor building A.

Just now, Analog Nomad said:

Expand  

I would say too that a lot of the short-term/holiday stays are concentrated on weekends. MUCH higher occupancy than midweek.

Any pics from cnr rooms, taking higher rooms quieter?... I mean less street noise....wasn’t interested before because heard stories of hi level of Chiniese traffic and associated waiting for lift etc....but might be okay for a few nights midweek get my pool usage done  for trip...pool usually not big deal for me but every now and then, you know 2 days in a two week trip enough...plenty of pools in Australia, swimming in pool not really what I go to Pats for...

Cheers Skippy

Thanks for the reviews.

Just booked a condo in The Base for my trip in September.

On 06/04/2022 at 17:43, basilchicken said:

Few days at Sea Me Spring Too on Soi 10

Are you sure it's open?  I booked there for last December, the booking was accepted but after learning from other posts I understood it to be closed.  When I tried to contact the hotel I got no reply, after that I booked elsewhere and when walking by I could see that it was closed.

I was booking again for June but could not get confirmation so went elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Downandup said:

Are you sure it's open?  I booked there for last December, the booking was accepted but after learning from other posts I understood it to be closed.  When I tried to contact the hotel I got no reply, after that I booked elsewhere and when walking by I could see that it was closed.

Yup its open, its just at Check In they ask you where you want to stay - Sea Me Spring Tree or Sea Me Spring Too. Most people choose Tree/3. The one that is definitely closed with chains on the gate is Sea Me Spring (one i guess). 

They are very short staffed; no room service, restaurant, pool bar or any bar actually. All they have is a fridge with some beers and coke. But thats because theres no guests. The entire street is empty. 

I would think anyone who was initially coming here April 23-April 30 is now most likely going to come on May 1. So this last week might be empty streets as everyone postpones their vacation a week or so. 

On 26/04/2022 at 17:25, Downandup said:

It was open December and January. Check in was at See Me 3. At that time no ground level staff at 2, room clean only twice a week unless asking. Even had to ask for the pool to be topped up with water. At times I'm sure I was the only person in the entire hotel. No problems, staff were only a few meters over the road when needed.

My opinion, it's safe to book any of the 3 and they will check you in whichever they have open. Chains on 1 will probably  be removed last.

17 hours ago, PBert said:

It was open December and January. Check in was at See Me 3.

I had heard on this site that the hotels were closed.  I certainly did not know that I should show up at another in the chain.  They don't reply to emails and when I checked again before this next trip, again they did not respond.  So they have lost my business.

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/04/2022 at 09:43, basilchicken said:

Starting off this time A-One for the Test & Go

then The Base Condo for longest part of my trip - best value, facilities, and Im sure its a ghost town right now as China on lockdown. I Love the Base; yes its tiny but atleast its 4 different areas with wall separation - living room, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, and yes an equally tiny balcony. But as the areas are all separate unlike VT6 open floor plan places, I find it spacious & comfortable. Location is excellent - empty, quiet Soi 11 alley straight to the beach. Central right up the block. TT exchange booth by the 7-11 at corner of Soi Honey. 

Did book the Edge for 3 days but ended up cancelling it after I looked again and again at the bedroom/condo pix and determined the obvious - it IS too small, especially with no balcony, just a slide window like a prison, and price more than double of Base, nope. Perhaps next trip Ill do a 1 day stay just to snap some pix on the spectacular rooftop pool. 

Few days at Sea Me Spring Too on Soi 10 - stayed there before I found The Base; its decent although a bit outdated. Huge, spacious rooms, and spacious bathrooms; not sink next to toilet next to shower. Their pool has great views as well. Location is ofcourse spectacular. Soi 10 is lovely peaceful and quiet, as only bars are at the end on 2nd road. 

And ending it with a long stay at LK Empress - epic location, love their breakfast out in the open; great place to drink on beach road if beer bars are not your thing. Their 'gold' decor theme is a bit obnoxious, but its still a comfortable stay with a small balcony. 

Took a while to get the right lineup! Now planning for Cambo/Phnom Menh hotels 😮💨 (dont want the default Sun & Moon hotel Ive read about everywhere...) 

You hit LK Empress yet?  I'll probably be staying there for a good while, and I'm curious what the condition is like these days.