Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

WAY TO GO TAR HEELS!

Luv2Phuket

This tweet from ESPN's Field Yates may have the 3 best sentences I have ever read:

@FieldYates
North Carolina handed Coach K his first ever loss as Duke’s head coach back in 1980.
It also handed Coach K a loss in his final game at Cameron Indoor.
It also defeated Coach K in his final game as Duke’s head coach.

BUH BYE, Coach K!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

This tweet from ESPN's Field Yates may have the 3 best sentences I have ever read:

@FieldYates
North Carolina handed Coach K his first ever loss as Duke’s head coach back in 1980.
It also handed Coach K a loss in his final game at Cameron Indoor.
It also defeated Coach K in his final game as Duke’s head coach.

BUH BYE, Coach K!

Sorry to hear.  My favorite college coach was the Wizard of Westwood. I believe he would have had another NCAA championship back in 1966 if they would have allowed freshmen to play on the varsity team at that time. 

10 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Sorry to hear.  My favorite college coach was the Wizard of Westwood. I believe he would have had another NCAA championship back in 1966 if they would have allowed freshmen to play on the varsity team at that time. 

Was that the year the freshman team consistently kicked the varsity team's ass (despite the varsity team being one of the best in the country)?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Was that the year the freshman team consistently kicked the varsity team's ass (despite the varsity team being one of the best in the country)?

I only heard about them playing the varsity prior to the start of the season.  The varsity team that year finished 2nd in the league.  The freshman team not only had Lew Alcindor(couldn't dunk back then) but also Lucius Allen. Wooden was also considered a top college basketball player.

Coach K record vs UNC, 50-47, ends his career with 1,202 wins, 101 NCAA Tournament wins, 13 Final Four appearances, five national titles, six gold medals and Hall of Fame. I would say his legacy is set.

30 minutes ago, Ziplee said:

Coach K record vs UNC, 50-47, ends his career with 1,202 wins, 101 NCAA Tournament wins, 13 Final Four appearances, five national titles, six gold medals and Hall of Fame. I would say his legacy is set.

...but as a Tar Heel fan I can always enjoy the fact that Coach K was 14-24 vs UNC when Dean Smith was coaching them...

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

UNC when Dean Smith was coaching them...

Yeah, I was a Carolina fan until Jordan left, then I was pretty much just a ACC fan, in the Tournament, after that.

8 hours ago, Ziplee said:

Yeah, I was a Carolina fan until Jordan left, then I was pretty much just a ACC fan, in the Tournament, after that.

I was an "if it's not Carolina, another ACC team would be nice"....until I got to law school and met some of the spoiled little pricks who went to Duke. I respect the shit out of Coach K and his teams....but HATE the "Cameron crazies" with a passion.

It all came together for me when I read about this exchange between a Duke alum who was "disgusted" that Elton Brand left school early to be the number 1 pick in the NBA draft:

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2007/6/7/102426/5876

I met Brand when he played for the Clippers (I had locker room access back then) - GREAT guy! I told him I was a Carolina fan, so we bet $10 on the UNC/Duke games that year. I think he was making about 8-figures then, but when Duke beat UNC, he wanted his $10! 555

Little humorous side note on the Brand story - 

UNC and Duke split the regular season games that year, so we were even.

After the NCAA season ended, Brand says to me "next year, we'll bet that the loser has to wear the winner's jersey..."

Then he looked at me -- at the time, I was 6'2" and about 265 lbs -- and said "what are you - a medium?" 555

Can't stress enough what a good dude he was. Most players pretty much ignored my presence, but Brand and Chris Wilcox (boxing fan who knew I was involved in it) always treated me like one of the guys.

Wilcox even invited me to the team after party at some LA club after the last game. Co-workers were PISSED that I didn't tell any of them about it until the day after! 555

As a native Chapel Hillian... as if that is a real word..... last night was one of the best things to watch ever...I respect what K did as a coach... not super pleased with his in game behavior over the years but he is talented and without  him the rivalry would be nowhere near as special as it is.. lets hope Scheyer shows a bit more humility :)

Love seeing Coack K lose and same with Auriemma...though I don't dislike Coach K...I think Geno is a DB.  Both get all the calls and all the players...:Clap:

27 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

What happened in the 2nd half of the finals?

The "Human Jinx" waited too long to turn it off! 5555  I tuned out when the lead had fallen to 1, but clearly should have stopped watching at halftime.

Honestly, I saw that coming. Sure, I'm a pessimist, but UNC blew a 20-point halftime lead vs Baylor and, vs. Kansas, it was clear their shooters couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

I took the Kansas moneyline at halftime at around +325. Wish I had put more on it now! 555