Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

30 days extension on a 60 day turist visa.

ketil_n

So i needed to extend my 60 days turist visa. I went to immigration in Jomtien about 1pm and there was a huge line.

Confusing where to start, i ask a guy working there, almost zero english, but he told me to get all copies and photos first.

I went in to the small copy shop of the building, on the left side, walking towards the entrence to immigration.

They made all the necessary copy's and 1 photo. I also had them to fill out the papir. i think i pay 150 bath for everything.

You need to bring your passport, TM6 card (The departure blue and white card you got in the airplane or at suvarnaphumi)

You also need TM30 this is the papir the hotel or condo send to immigration to confirm where you stay in thailand. This could also be done online by the hotel/condo, but you need to bring a recipt in papir form.

TM7 is the papir you need to fill out at the immigration, and this also the small shop who make the copys and photos can help you fill out.

So i was standing in the queue for 2.5 and finally got in. At the reception there is a gay guy, very rude. just look at your passport and throw's it at you. (later that day i see him in an argument with another farlang, call him ting tong strait to his face) If they know he is an asshole, why would they put him in the front, why not put him another place more sheeld from people.. lol

So next was i had to get another papir to fill out. I was a confirmation of residence. The girl at the desk ask me for photos of my condo door? i say i not have, i showed here som photos inside the room, that was not good enough so she had to call the condo reseption and confirm i lived there. After that is was ok.

After that, back to main desk and the write 08.30 and the date next day. "Mr you come back tomollow"  Ok i said.

Next day i come back, not 08.30 tho i came when there lunch finish 1 pm. I got in, got a queue number, and sat outside, in there chairs to wait.

Maby 1 hour i waited and then i come back in. I came in to the officer and he looked at all my papir and passport. And passport he looked over and over agian. Try to find a reason not to grant me 30 more days i guess  5555

Just when i taught to myself, finally this is done, i get my 30 days and sabai sabai, he used the same phrase as the lady yesterday: "Mr you come back tomollow!"

and pointed at a sign that said pick up passport 10am. OK

The 3'rd day i come, about 1 pm, go inside, say i want to pick up my passport. They say outside. ok. The show me where, and its where people do the 90 days report, right at the entrence from the road, on the right side, coming in.

Everything was good then, got my stamp, new 30 days. ☺️

So this took me 3 visits to do, but my fault also, as i came around 1pm every day. They start up after lunch break 1pm every day.

And they open 8.30 am so next time i would come 30 min before open, and hope to get everything done in 1 day. 

275164643_376023470719618_3690425893903611171_n.jpg

275217221_2208877789259595_5407523241917834548_n.jpg

275082824_309926454368650_5456056679311863380_n.jpg

275286866_5213070152078425_8968887438670018820_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ketil_n said:

So i needed to extend my 60 days turist visa. I went to immigration in Jomtien about 1pm and there was a huge line.

Confusing where to start, i ask a guy working there, almost zero english, but he told me to get all copies and photos first.

I went in to the small copy shop of the building, on the left side, walking towards the entrence to immigration.

They made all the necessary copy's and 1 photo. I also had them to fill out the papir. i think i pay 150 bath for everything.

You need to bring your passport, TM6 card (The departure blue and white card you got in the airplane or at suvarnaphumi)

You also need TM30 this is the papir the hotel or condo send to immigration to confirm where you stay in thailand. This could also be done online by the hotel/condo, but you need to bring a recipt in papir form.

TM7 is the papir you need to fill out at the immigration, and this also the small shop who make the copys and photos can help you fill out.

So i was standing in the queue for 2.5 and finally got in. At the reception there is a gay guy, very rude. just look at your passport and throw's it at you. (later that day i see him in an argument with another farlang, call him ting tong strait to his face) If they know he is an asshole, why would they put him in the front, why not put him another place more sheeld from people.. lol

So next was i had to get another papir to fill out. I was a confirmation of residence. The girl at the desk ask me for photos of my condo door? i say i not have, i showed here som photos inside the room, that was not good enough so she had to call the condo reseption and confirm i lived there. After that is was ok.

After that, back to main desk and the write 08.30 and the date next day. "Mr you come back tomollow"  Ok i said.

Next day i come back, not 08.30 tho i came when there lunch finish 1 pm. I got in, got a queue number, and sat outside, in there chairs to wait.

Maby 1 hour i waited and then i come back in. I came in to the officer and he looked at all my papir and passport. And passport he looked over and over agian. Try to find a reason not to grant me 30 more days i guess  5555

Just when i taught to myself, finally this is done, i get my 30 days and sabai sabai, he used the same phrase as the lady yesterday: "Mr you come back tomollow!"

and pointed at a sign that said pick up passport 10am. OK

The 3'rd day i come, about 1 pm, go inside, say i want to pick up my passport. They say outside. ok. The show me where, and its where people do the 90 days report, right at the entrence from the road, on the right side, coming in.

Everything was good then, got my stamp, new 30 days. ☺️

So this took me 3 visits to do, but my fault also, as i came around 1pm every day. They start up after lunch break 1pm every day.

And they open 8.30 am so next time i would come 30 min before open, and hope to get everything done in 1 day. 

275164643_376023470719618_3690425893903611171_n.jpg

275217221_2208877789259595_5407523241917834548_n.jpg

275082824_309926454368650_5456056679311863380_n.jpg

275286866_5213070152078425_8968887438670018820_n.jpg

They (immigration) want you to use an agent. That way is more financially beneficial to them :)

• Like 2

Yeah i think you are right, actually one of the people working at the immigration ask my why i did not use a agent. All to make more money lol.

Probably the reason they make me come there for 3 days yes, so next time i would use a agent and spend 4000 baht insted of do it myself for 1900 baht. 😁 

17 hours ago, ketil_n said:

Yeah i think you are right, actually one of the people working at the immigration ask my why i did not use a agent. All to make more money lol.

Probably the reason they make me come there for 3 days yes, so next time i would use a agent and spend 4000 baht insted of do it myself for 1900 baht. 😁 

This has always been my suspicions why they make it so difficult and it worked in my case. Not only have I not seen an immigration office in 3 years, I'm now working on getting an Elite Visa even though I don't really want to stay here that long but I don't want to go back to my country either that much. I've spent more time here than my country in the past 10 years and I don't really feel like establishing myself in a new country either.

I don't understand why they put people who are so rude in customer facing roles but I also see from the other side, tons of rude foreigners so I guess eventually anyone they put in that role would get jaded and just be rude to everyone. Customer service in tourist cities is also almost always terrible with a few exceptions.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

This has always been my suspicions why they make it so difficult and it worked in my case. Not only have I not seen an immigration office in 3 years, I'm now working on getting an Elite Visa even though I don't really want to stay here that long but I don't want to go back to my country either that much. I've spent more time here than my country in the past 10 years and I don't really feel like establishing myself in a new country either.

I don't understand why they put people who are so rude in customer facing roles but I also see from the other side, tons of rude foreigners so I guess eventually anyone they put in that role would get jaded and just be rude to everyone. Customer service in tourist cities is also almost always terrible with a few exceptions.

You have been in Thailand long enough to know better than to question why a Thai does anything. They simply just dont think much at all in general so this probobly went over their heads.  Hes dressed okay though thats the important part so anything beyond that doesnt matter.