IGNORED

What's your favorite app on your phone?

Sharklasers

Google maps by far the most useful app

Even when I held off buying a smartphone for the longest time as a Luddite, I eventually caved in for maps. It justifies buying a smartphone in itself tbh

• Like 1

MAPS!!!

Pre covo I was doing software support traveling constantly, mostly domestic US, sometimes international...

I really don't know how to land in Muscat Oman, rent a car and drive to my hotel without it? Street signs weren't in English (i.e. street names were all in Arabic alphabet ONLY).  A bit odd trying to follow "turn right in 200 meters", especially from US and accustomed to feet (probably configurable).

Not only found my hotel, found my customer, found a bar, found a cute Filipino girl... (ok, the app didn't do much for that last one).

In Isaan, visiting family... How else could I possibly navigate from Khon Kaen airport to some village outside Kalasin?

Not to mention finding all the bars, restaurants, etc., in Bangkok I'd heard references to with walking directions.

And the hundreds of customer's sites, bars, restaurants, etc., in US business travel, over 20 different states in 2 years... Usually getting pretty accurate arrival times driving to the airport.

There's at least a dozen other apps that I find very useful for reason way beyond entertainment and keeping in touch with people. I.e. banking, airlines, translate, calendar, uber & grab, hotel apps (ever forget what hotel you're staying at?, stay at enough and you will). But I'm old enough to remember getting around without all this, printing stuff out before I leave, waving down taxis, actually faxing receipts (instead of quick picture in the expense app), etc., but I got lost, A LOT, remember spending over 2 hours one night driving around in circles looking for a hotel in Detroit (stopped at payphones and called them twice for directions) in 1997....

I just wish it understood where Soi Diana, Honey, Chaipoon, pothole, etc. were? The only place I can't find shit with maps it PATTAYA!!!

Edited by little_me

Chrome

I don't think I've turned on my Laptop or PC for anything other than work in about 6 months.

Everything you need to know or do can be done faster with the Phone now. Booking tickets for everything, reading my paper online, finding any kind of information I could need. There is no app more versityle than a good browser. With chrome I also have all my bookmarks and settings on most of my devices.

The only thing that buggs me a little is that I can't seem to find a possibility to activate spell check for both German and English for chrome on my phone. Leads to many spelling errors because of my thick fingers on the small keyboard.

When I'm on the road, definitely Google Maps. 
Otherwise it's probably reddit. Whether at home or at work, when I have time. I feel like I only hang out on reddit. 
And Spotify would have to be on the list. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I stay in Thailand my favourite Apps are Line, TF and Google maps. All I need to find and meet the right person at the right place.

• 2 weeks later...

I use google maps and komoot.

i like walking around finding new things interesting places coffee shops and restaurants and the quickest route back

.....also Line ,whatsapp and ThaiFriendly

• Like 1

Spotify for music - paid version

Scribd - online book library , 100,000s books on all topics - paid version.

Kindle - ebooks

youtube

Flight Radar - I like looking at where planes in the sky are going to etc.

• 2 weeks later...

youtube, for me,,its brilliant

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 2 weeks later...

For me it has to be Spotify. I cant even drive 5 minutes to the shops without music since I got it.

I often use a few news apps, Google maps, a weather app, U-Tube, Line, Translator, Instagram, TikTok.

The majority of monkeys doubt that humans are descended from them.

• 2 months later...

LINE or What'sAPP, communicate with 90% of everyone, then translation APPs'.....google translate is OKAY buy highly recommend Lingvanex.....worth if and way more accurate then Google.

waze

google translate

Edited by Timon88

Listening to other people's phone noises is the bane of modern life.

No doubt everyone here using their phone in a public spaces, such as a restaurant or bar, has the courtesy of using headphones.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

Camera. A million times, Camera.