IGNORED

Rent high end motorbikes in pattaya

cleptomane

I am a big fun of powerful road motorbikes. I used to own a Kawasaki GPZ900R. I am keen to waste some money for R1, Ninja 1000 or Hayabusa and bring few TG around.

Do you know anyone who rents them?

I understand your Desire, but have you ever driven in Thailand...?

Thailand holds the unfortunate record as having the most dangerous roads in South East Asia, Asia and additionally the most dangerous for motorcyclists.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There's a handful of places you can rent big bikes (google big bike pattaya) but it will cost you 10* renting a scooter ... honestly this a bit of a noob mistake, the girls don't care how big your bike is!   There's a few big bikes in my condo car park but they never get used!  

Hard to park securely if you go out (theft , drunks sitting on them, people bashing/scratching them squeezing their Scooters in beside you)

Hard to ride safely (gravel, pot holes, road works, unmarked speed bumps everywhere, drunk maniacs overtaking you as your trying to turn right, Scooters are much easier to handle and easier 360 visibility)

Cop magnet to stop you and check your docs.

Instant flooding .. you don't want to be riding a ninja 1000 through floodwater!

Easier to take 2 girls on the back of a scooter :)

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

You could check along Beach Rd outside of VT6 and On the Corner of Soi Post Office.
They both have at least MT-09's and I'm pretty sure I've seen Ninja's too.

Hayabusa for Patts?

Enjoy the 40KPH speed limits around most of the Sois and Roads - report back if you get it into 2nd Gear.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 1500B said:

You could check along Beach Rd outside of VT6 and On the Corner of Soi Post Office.
They both have at least MT-09's and I'm pretty sure I've seen Ninja's too.

Hayabusa for Patts?

Enjoy the 40KPH speed limits around most of the Sois and Roads - report back if you get it into 2nd Gear.

Oh, that's great. I will check this out. Given your suggestions probably what I will do is to rent a big motorbike for a quick tour of Pattaya surroundings (no more than 2 days) and then rent a scooter for the rest of the days.

In Vietnam I rented a Ural. Great powerful URSS motorbike.

• Like 1

Pre covid there were rows of super bikes down Beach road, Many tourists are seriously rich so a good market.

But these bikes like luxury cars are at the 3 x UK/USA prices, spares and panels will be at that level.  The renters are well used to collecting mega money from some pretty tough young renters (with friends). A simple panels down a side, controls, could cost more than the bike at home.

Add baked tyres the width and weight of the brute threading through the gaps not a relaxing holiday.

Mr Reo (the late) was a great poster and mad about getting a totally unsuitable super sport bike put him in search. he learnt, or was learned.

I assume you know about restrictions on flyovers underpasses, motorways you may be disappointed if you rely on white privilege to work with all policemen.

• Like 2

On 24/02/2022 at 03:35, simon46 said:

Pre covid there were rows of super bikes down Beach road, Many tourists are seriously rich so a good market.

But these bikes like luxury cars are at the 3 x UK/USA prices, spares and panels will be at that level.  The renters are well used to collecting mega money from some pretty tough young renters (with friends). A simple panels down a side, controls, could cost more than the bike at home.

Add baked tyres the width and weight of the brute threading through the gaps not a relaxing holiday.

Mr Reo (the late) was a great poster and mad about getting a totally unsuitable super sport bike put him in search. he learnt, or was learned.

I assume you know about restrictions on flyovers underpasses, motorways you may be disappointed if you rely on white privilege to work with all policemen.

Look, I would never rent a a Ninja 1000 for LT, but only ST. The idea is to have a fun motorbike to take my LLT TG to have a tour of the country side surroundings of Pattaya like the Khao Chamao-Khao Wong National Park.

Interesting point on the white privilege. Good on thai police.

• Like 1

Actually, it would be nice to have go on a day trip with few Pattaya Addicts bikers and their TG.

Do you know how many are on the forum? I will be in Pattaya in April :D

Super keen

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in for a day ride. Also interested in others experience with big bike rentals, not liters but not Scooters. Thanks!