IGNORED

Foreign ex-pat riding a bicycle dies after being hit by a pickup truck driver in the Pattaya area

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Banglamung/Pattaya – A foreign bicycle rider, believed to be a local ex-pat, has been pronounced dead at the scene after being hit by a pickup truck driver in the Banglamung area this morning. Police and emergency responders were notified of the accident on Number 331 Road (Sattahip – Korat) in the Huayyai sub-district before noon […]

Foreign ex-pat riding a bicycle dies after being hit by a pickup truck driver in the Pattaya area
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

1 hour ago, Leo_Bia said:

Why would you cycle on the 331?

To get to Korat.

Sorry, stupid comment.  Why did the chicken cross the road style.

As a regular bicyclist myself, I have seen lots of dangerous situations in Pattaya involving drivers not considering bicyclists.  Fortunately, so far, I can stop quickly.

I think its cars that just pull out infront of cyclists from a side road and stop or go slow looking for a parking space, that annoys me most. 555.  Wtf i think.  Car drivers just need to wait, consider bicyclists, motorcyclists.

Edited by rog555
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, rog555 said:

To get to Korat.

Sorry, stupid comment.  Why did the chicken cross the road style.

As a regular bicyclist myself, I have seen lots of dangerous situations in Pattaya involving drivers not considering bicyclists.  Fortunately, so far, I can stop quickly.

I think its cars that just pull out infront of cyclists from a side road and stop or go slow looking for a parking space, that annoys me most. 555.  Wtf i think.  Car drivers just need to wait, consider bicyclists, motorcyclists.

I am also regular cyclist (6000 miles last year) but just in the UK, only on a couple of occasions in Thailand.

I would not dream of tackling the 331, or any other similar road.

Do you understand the drivers excuse?

"The driver was later identified as Mr. Samreang Unan, age not given. He told police, “I was in the right lane. There was a truck in the left lane. The bicycle rider changed his own direction suddenly and I was unable to avoid the collision.”

4 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

Do you understand the drivers excuse?

"The driver was later identified as Mr. Samreang Unan, age not given. He told police, “I was in the right lane. There was a truck in the left lane. The bicycle rider changed his own direction suddenly and I was unable to avoid the collision.”

No.  Cyclists keep to the left side of the road.

Cyclist do not overtake trucks unless they are stationary.  

Well, I don't peddle that fast. 555.

Edited by rog555