IGNORED

Health insurance with underlying heath problems / self insure possibly ?

nunchuck

Hi , been in touch with Pacific’ cross.  Regarding heath insurance. I have to put down all illnesses from last 10yrs

had type 2 diabetic/cholesterol/high blood pressure all in remission. But still have to disclose them.  

but the guy did say if I can prove that all in remission (I can). He will  Negotiate with the underwriter 

anyway thinking of worst case scenario.  Maybe I will have to pay ….  Anyone on here had similar conditions.  How much did you guys pay annually ?

Also anyone self insure  if premium too high   

thanks for any info 

1 hour ago, nunchuck said:

Hi , been in touch with Pacific’ cross.  Regarding heath insurance. I have to put down all illnesses from last 10yrs

had type 2 diabetic/cholesterol/high blood pressure all in remission. But still have to disclose them.  

but the guy did say if I can prove that all in remission (I can). He will  Negotiate with the underwriter 

anyway thinking of worst case scenario.  Maybe I will have to pay ….  Anyone on here had similar conditions.  How much did you guys pay annually ?

Also anyone self insure  if premium too high   

thanks for any info 

I use Pacific Cross and have various long term afflictions.  Glaucoma for example.

On the policy they just exclude paying out for these pre-existing conditions.   There was no option to pay more to get them covered.

It seems to be a process.  You write down your pre-existing condition and they simply exclude it from cover.

I don't know about remission.

The payout amounts/limits seem quite low to me.  But I do the in-patient care policy anyway but think I'll have to pay myself quite often.  Approx 30k a year at 60+.

Edited by rog555

I have questions about insurance, around these issues, as well.

My concern was that even if they don't pay out for, say, high blood pressure...what does that actually mean?  That is, high blood pressure can cause a number of other symptoms and afflictions but those other afflictions also have more than one cause.

For example, diabetes and high blood pressure can be a contributor to kidney problems.  So does that mean insurance won't pay out for a kidney problem?  If so, then it seems like practically anything could go wrong with you and be attributed to a pre-existing condition?

30 minutes ago, Old Scratch said:

My concern was that even if they don't pay out for, say, high blood pressure...what does that actually mean?  That is, high blood pressure can cause a number of other symptoms and afflictions but those other afflictions also have more than one cause.

For example, diabetes and high blood pressure can be a contributor to kidney problems.  So does that mean insurance won't pay out for a kidney problem?  If so, then it seems like practically anything could go wrong with you and be attributed to a pre-existing condition?

Was thinking exactly same thing.  , you just worded it better than me. Thanks 

very good reply. Hope someone can help us 

On 18/02/2022 at 15:34, Old Scratch said:

Hi received this reply off pacific cross 

Often we will state in an offer letter we will not cover the maintenance of high blood pressure, such as medications, but we will cover the consequences whether heart attack or a kidney complaint.

Once again once you apply our offer letter will be very clear in terms of the underwriting conditions and discuss further.

Yours faithfully,

Jamie Connell

Client Relationship Director

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nunchuck said:

Hi received this reply off pacific cross 

Often we will state in an offer letter we will not cover the maintenance of high blood pressure, such as medications, but we will cover the consequences whether heart attack or a kidney complaint.

Once again once you apply our offer letter will be very clear in terms of the underwriting conditions and discuss further.

Thanks for reporting back.