IGNORED

Working visa wanted

Burgos123

I am thinking about moving to Thailand, starting a small business like a hotel or something like that.
When I read about all the different visas, I can not seem to find one for this purpose. Is it not possible to do so?

What is the situation if I am married to a Thai girl - does that change everything? I am 51 and come from Denmark btw.

Any help is much appreciated!

Look at elite visa or your countries Thai embassy website  

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

If your going to start a business you can have a work permit for yourself as long as you have 4 Thai employees under the companies name. A lawyer can sort it out for you.

If you get married and put it under your wife's name, she can sell it without your approval. 

9 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

If your going to start a business you can have a work permit for yourself as long as you have 4 Thai employees under the companies name. A lawyer can sort it out for you.

If you get married and put it under your wife's name, she can sell it without your approval. 

The other positive with the work permit, if you have it for a specific amount of time you become part of the Thai health care program.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

The other positive with the work permit, if you have it for a specific amount of time you become part of the Thai health care program.

only if you are 60 or younger when you get it

• Like 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I would get a retirement visa first.  Find the business you like, and see if you can 'not work' while running the business.

To get a work permit, you will need to establish a limited company, employ 4 or 5 thai nationals, which means paying 10% national insurance each month for them on top of minumim wage, you will also be obliged to declare tax each month.

So unless you have a really srtong business and a loyal tested workforce I would go with option 1 !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burgos123 said:

Thx guys,

At least I know now it is not impossible, although it does not seem to be straight forward! 

You mentioned that you're married to a Thai lady which should also qualify you to apply for the marriage visa.  

5 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

You mentioned that you're married to a Thai lady which should also qualify you to apply for the marriage visa.  

Good friend of mine and someone you know as well Been married for 16 years the first couple of years Marriage visa he got easy then it became a royal pain in the ass. It was suggested that he convert to Retirement and that is very easy to obtain as long as you qualify.

You are married but I believe you were on a retirement extension no ? 

babydollsaddict.gif

5 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

Good friend of mine and someone you know as well Been married for 16 years the first couple of years Marriage visa he got easy then it became a royal pain in the ass. It was suggested that he convert to Retirement and that is very easy to obtain as long as you qualify.

You are married but I believe you were on a retirement extension no ? 

Yes I've been on the retirement extension since around 2005.  I had heard that the marriage visa only required around 1/2 of the funds that the retirement extension required.   

19 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Yes I've been on the retirement extension since around 2005.  I had heard that the marriage visa only required around 1/2 of the funds that the retirement extension required.   

400,000 needed but the other requirements became a pain in the ass all the photos in some cases a visit to your home my a immigration officer. In some cases witnesses needed. Maps from the immigration office to where you live and they were rejecting a google printout of the map it had to be hand drawn. So many took the retirement option fast and easy.

babydollsaddict.gif

4 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

400,000 needed but the other requirements became a pain in the ass all the photos in some cases a visit to your home my a immigration officer. In some cases witnesses needed. Maps from the immigration office to where you live and they were rejecting a google printout of the map it had to be hand drawn. So many took the retirement option fast and easy.

That sounds a little crazy.  Remember when they had the investment visa?  Wasn't it around 3 million baht, thought OnMyWay would take advantage but instead moved to PI

On 03/02/2022 at 20:40, Burgos123 said:

I am thinking about moving to Thailand, starting a small business like a hotel or something like that.

hotel for sale.