IGNORED

View Talay 6 Casa Pascal condo review

Tapaz1976

I stayed for 20 days last December in the corner suite of the Casa Pascal condos in View Talay 6.

Could not have been happier with the place and next trips (if available again) will definitely stay there again.

Massive condo, big balcony with sea view, cleaning done every other day, clean, massive tv both in living room and bedroom, full kitchen/dining area.

All for the price of 2700 bath a night. Most hotels I was looking at for my trip were around 2-2.5k bath a night and for that I would get a 30sq m hotel room so this was a great deal for me.

Bonus is that you get free breakfast for you + one in his restaurant. Breakfast until 2pm and it's excellent so basically a free meal thrown in.

Looks great but looking at their availability almost every room is booked till January 2024.

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

I remember seeing some pictures of this place a couple of months ago, looked very impressive & huge

My usual budget is under a 1000bt a night, so won't be staying there, unless I win the lottery  :)

• Haha 2

Pascal told me you can book directly through their restaurant website or Airbnb. Maybe I got lucky then as I stayed mid December and not that many tourists were on the ground then.

Anyway wanted to post this review as I know it's not cheap but also not extravagant and for the price compared to some of the nicer hotels you get so much more bang for your buck.

• Thanks 1

Yeah it's always fully booked unless there's a cancellation. On AirBNB anyway. But looks like a nice room for sure.

1 hour ago, Tapaz1976 said:

Pascal told me you can book directly through their restaurant website or Airbnb. Maybe I got lucky then as I stayed mid December and not that many tourists were on the ground then.

Anyway wanted to post this review as I know it's not cheap but also not extravagant and for the price compared to some of the nicer hotels you get so much more bang for your buck.

Happy to hear you had an excellent experience. It certainly seems like a very nice room, and I am a big fan of Casa Pascal as a restaurant.

But in fairness, in terms of bang for your buck, there are many excellent hotels out there at comparable prices, if not less. You can easily secure a room at the Holiday Inn for less per day, and while you will have a smaller living area, you have all of the common area amenities that are lacking in View Talay. I don’t think there’s much of an argument that the structure itself, the beautiful lobby area, the common area pool and gym, various restaurants etc. are far superior to what is offered by View Talay.

So at the end of the day, there are lots of choices and I’m happy you are pleased with yours. Yet  I certainly wouldn’t sell some of the higher end hotels short.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, heytc said:

You can easily secure a room at the Holiday Inn for less per day

FYI, the Holiday Inn on Buakhao has been closed for many moons and doesnt look like it will open in another many moons

I stayed with Pascal in October. My only regret was that I was only able to get the unit for a week.

All of the points stated are true about the condo. But there are also extras.

As far as the breakfast, while not the Hilton by any means, it is nice and has all the normal fare. You also get a discount on any evening meals you may have there as well.

As a regular of the Hilton, I can tell you if I can get the Casa Corner Condo for just a bit less than a Hilton room, I’m going to take it every time. 

The number of people in the pool at the Hilton is often a 100% deterrent to even thinking about going down there. The ‘guest’ rules at Hilton after the mall closes are also at times a pain in the ass to deal with for guests.

The rooms are nice at the Hilton and as a lifetime Diamond member I am typically given an upgrade to a nice room. But if you have stayed there, they have little character and can become cold over a multiple night stay.

The one place you win with Hilton specifically is the breakfast as an awards member. Having a free breakfast there is a big win.

But, I will always take VT6 over the higher end places for the vibe of freedom. The ladies seldom feel out of place there when coming and going, unlike some of the higher end hotels. I have never seen a group of wet kids running up and down the hall at VT6.

Yes, the guards are hit and miss, the elevators are small and slow, the AC quality can vary by condo, there are some interesting guests you may encounter, but all in all, I want to feel like I am living amongst the people when I am on holiday and VT6 on a small level gives me that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not looking to live in a shack in a rice field. I’m not looking to go that local. 😀

J

• Like 2

2 hours ago, heytc said:

Happy to hear you had an excellent experience. It certainly seems like a very nice room, and I am a big fan of Casa Pascal as a restaurant.

But in fairness, in terms of bang for your buck, there are many excellent hotels out there at comparable prices, if not less. You can easily secure a room at the Holiday Inn for less per day, and while you will have a smaller living area, you have all of the common area amenities that are lacking in View Talay. I don’t think there’s much of an argument that the structure itself, the beautiful lobby area, the common area pool and gym, various restaurants etc. are far superior to what is offered by View Talay.

So at the end of the day, there are lots of choices and I’m happy you are pleased with yours. Yet  I certainly wouldn’t sell some of the higher end hotels short.

It's not about cheaper hotels that are also ok or good. I meant for the money spent in the range of 2k-3k bath which gives you access to some nice hotels in Pattaya you get for that money a nice room in those hotels, usually around 30-40sq m while for the same money you get a massive flat in View Talay 6 with direct seaview and big balcony.

You can always get something nice for less money, not sure why you brought that up as that was not my point. 

Edited by Tapaz1976

i think to be fair, what you get for a hotel for 2.5k - 3k per night that you don't get in VT6: 
- at least daily room cleaning, normally however many times you want. so if you fuck all afternoon and want them to make up the room again when you go out in the evening, they will clean a 2nd time (at least the better hotels). in a rented room, that's not possible of course. 
- no cleaning time restrictions: i don't know how it works in the pascal rooms, but in Dancewatchers you had to tell the cleaning time in advance and organise it via line. cleaning also had to be done before 2pm. 
in a hotel room i either just walk out and put the "clean room" sign on or i give a quick heads-up to reception if i want to have it cleaned right now. 
- often 24 hours room service. 
- the average standard of "stuff" in the room is higher normally. i'm talking about small things like bed-linen or towels in the bath room. of course: it will depend on the room in vt6 and who the owner is. but in my experience, for example the towels are often quite old and a world of difference from a nice fluffy 5* hotel room towel. 
- reception will call you if a girl arrives and she can come up directly to the room (Hilton hotel is an exception, you need to get down to lobby on 16th floor to get her). 
etc.

to be clear: i fully understand why many people like VT6 and similar buildings for their stay. You certainly get more square feet for your money and especially the front units in vt6 have great views! i'm not trying to imply that hotels are better. i just wanted to show some real advantages, at least from my POV. 
i tried the VT6 thing for a month (Dancewatchers jacuzzi suite 18-659, so also one of the "top units in the building". Parts of it were nice, but i normally still prefer to have a hotel room, especially for shorter stays. But that's just my personal preference, of course many have different views!

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

5 hours ago, heytc said:

But in fairness, in terms of bang for your buck, there are many excellent hotels out there at comparable prices, if not less. You can easily secure a room at the Holiday Inn for less per day, and while you 

4 hours ago, Kandinski said:

FYI, the Holiday Inn on Buakhao has been closed for many moons and doesnt look like it will open in another many moons

I think he meant Holiday Inn Pattaya on Beach Rd., not Holiday Inn Express on Buakhao. I just stayed there for 3 weeks, corner room sea view, excellent hotel.

5 hours ago, petehoax said:

especially for shorter stays

Totally agree on this point. I also prefer that VT6 for longer stays as it feels more like, my place while I am there.

I have never had an issue getting any of my VT6 rooms cleaned when I asked. Daily, every other, every few, whatever I asked I was able to get it done.

7 hours ago, Jake.houston said:

Totally agree on this point. I also prefer that VT6 for longer stays as it feels more like, my place while I am there.

I have never had an issue getting any of my VT6 rooms cleaned when I asked. Daily, every other, every few, whatever I asked I was able to get it done.

Yeah there are a few laundry shops that also offer maid services in the lobby if the condo you are staying in doesn't offer one.

8 hours ago, Jake.houston said:

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yeah there are a few laundry shops that also offer maid services in the lobby if the condo you are staying in doesn't offer one.

Any idea what rates they have for cleaning?

9 minutes ago, Rick Blaine said:

Usually something like 300 for 48SQM, 500-700 for larger ones. If it's one offered by your condo rental, they will charge extra if you want the linen changed too sometimes.

3 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Usually something like 300 for 48SQM, 500-700 for larger ones. If it's one offered by your condo rental, they will charge extra if you want the linen changed too sometimes.

I paid exactly 0 bath for cleaning (was done every other day) as it was included in the rent that they charged me. Guess it's different for each condo owner though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rick Blaine said:

I think I paid like 200 baht for extra cleaning. But I just normally go through Honey and make a deal with them on extra cleaning.

• 10 months later...

Got this email this morning if anyone is looking for somewhere for the next few nights:

F3B8B971-541A-49D6-BC7F-D5354EF048D2.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Another offer:

E16C2DC6-0D83-415E-9194-7CE9D9415BBF.jpeg

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 months later...
On 02/02/2022 at 10:50, petehoax said:

i think to be fair, what you get for a hotel for 2.5k - 3k per night that you don't get in VT6: 
- at least daily room cleaning, normally however many times you want. so if you fuck all afternoon and want them to make up the room again when you go out in the evening, they will clean a 2nd time (at least the better hotels). in a rented room, that's not possible of course. 
- no cleaning time restrictions: i don't know how it works in the pascal rooms, but in Dancewatchers you had to tell the cleaning time in advance and organise it via line. cleaning also had to be done before 2pm. 
in a hotel room i either just walk out and put the "clean room" sign on or i give a quick heads-up to reception if i want to have it cleaned right now. 
- often 24 hours room service. 
- the average standard of "stuff" in the room is higher normally. i'm talking about small things like bed-linen or towels in the bath room. of course: it will depend on the room in vt6 and who the owner is. but in my experience, for example the towels are often quite old and a world of difference from a nice fluffy 5* hotel room towel. 
- reception will call you if a girl arrives and she can come up directly to the room (Hilton hotel is an exception, you need to get down to lobby on 16th floor to get her). 
etc.

to be clear: i fully understand why many people like VT6 and similar buildings for their stay. You certainly get more square feet for your money and especially the front units in vt6 have great views! i'm not trying to imply that hotels are better. i just wanted to show some real advantages, at least from my POV. 
i tried the VT6 thing for a month (Dancewatchers jacuzzi suite 18-659, so also one of the "top units in the building". Parts of it were nice, but i normally still prefer to have a hotel room, especially for shorter stays. But that's just my personal preference, of course many have different views!

Just booked room 18-659 for my first trip. How was the room...di it look just like it advertised?

Just booked room 18-659 for my first trip. How was the room...did it look just like it advertised?

Stayed in it in November. It's exactly like the pics and a nice place. His rooms are expensive but in my opinion the best in VT6.

I'm set for 4 months in the place adjacent to your room. I had it in last June, it was so good I begged him to let me have it for the first year when I move there in July 2023.

He said best he could do was 4 months because it's booked out 4 years. I hope someone cancels and I can stay longer.

You got a nice room at a good price. You will enjoy it.

Edited by Sanook4me

11 hours ago, pieman19132 said:

Just booked room 18-659 for my first trip. How was the room...did it look just like it advertised?

mods please move this to the vt6 page if you think that would be more appropriate?

had it for two weeks this February, its the third time i have stayed there, will probably stay again if it doesn't get any more expensive. the room is exactly as you see in the pictures, house keeping is as petehoax says but that suits me. it was very good btw.

WIFI is fine but you do need a masters in computing to get the tv to co-operate fully if you use a memory stick :) also no noise issues from other rooms while i was there. I also used the transport service on the dancewatcher site, it was spot-on, and also used it to take me central Bangkok .

I would be interested in similar 1 beds (NOT the studio type) in vt6 if anyone knows of any?