IGNORED

Hotel monthly rates

SteveUK

Hi

I have decided to do a longer trip of a three  months  instead of my normal of a 2/3 weeks a couple of times a year.

So obviously looking for a much longer term place to live then the normal hotels I stay in.

Have been looking at renting a condo on air bnb but would also be interested in monthly stays at a hotel.

Anyone got any decent recommendations for decent monthly rate/deals at moment?

Ideally buakhao/lk metro area, don't mind a little bit of travel so can be a bit away from this area but ideally had to be near a baht bus route and  a pool would be nice.

Many thanks

thing is if you go the condo route (almost all wil have some sort of kitchen)  you can make your own breakfast etc over 2/3 months the savings will add up. just make sure it is near a baht bus route or any saving will evaporate with increased transport costs

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, striderman said:

thing is if you go the condo route (almost all wil have some sort of kitchen)  you can make your own breakfast etc over 2/3 months the savings will add up. just make sure it is near a baht bus route or any saving will evaporate with increased transport costs

in my (limited experience), many airbnb / vt6 condos have kitchens, but they are normally terrible. pots that are 10 years old and completely fucked up, missing lots of basic cooking utensils etc...
of course, if all you want is some cornflakes and milk, then that works out fine. 

if it's an important point for you, then sure, it's worth it to also invest some time in building up a proper kitchen and buy all the necessary basics on top of it. 

@OP: you don't give any type of budget or requirements besides location. not sure what a "decent monthly rate" is for you. you will find tons of good deals on appartments, (nearly) everyone is desperate and needs renters. grand avenue is popular on here. 

if you go the hotel route, you can also find nice deals. for example Page 10 hotel had a 20k / month deal for their grand deluxe rooms (iirc with breakfast included) for a long time. i don't know if they still offer it, you need to ask. 

for condos, check the "current condo prices" thread. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Thanks for the replys

Not to bothered about the whole kitchen bit as odds are I would just be to damm lazy to do my own food when I can just walk out the door to go find food.

In regards to budget would say about up to 25k/month would be ideal

And thanks for the Page 10 tip petehoax, at least gives another one to have a look at.

i'd just contact your top 5 hotels where you want to stay and ask them for monthly rates. or if you're in town, just go there in person, ask to speak to a manager and ask for a good deal. most of them should be willing to offer you a great price. 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Just now, petehoax said:

you. you will find tons of good deals on appartments, (nearly) everyone is desperate and needs renters. grand avenue is popular on here. 

there is a growing construction major drainage problem involving Soi 15 which will in time  include grand avenue. i very rarely start threads but i'm going to have to with Soi 15 to avoid BM's overseas committing to rental agreements before arrival. i will do it in the next day or so. this problem will effect hotels and condos near Soi 15

Edited by striderman

Areca Lodge (soi Diana opposite LK metro) were advertising a monthly deal in the past, but with these deals be careful they often exclude breakfast and are the worst rooms in the hotel.

Just now, geezerrb said:

Areca Lodge (soi Diana opposite LK metro) were advertising a monthly deal in the past, but with these deals be careful they often exclude breakfast and are the worst rooms in the hotel.

Areca Lodge or at least the bit towards Soi 15 will also suffer from the construction

I had a monthly rate at Areca Lodge hotel and I had the largest room available facing the pool on Soi Diana side.

You can get any room you want, you just have to ask.

They have a with breakfast and without breakfast option too.

• Like 2

This guy looked at a good cross section of low/mid priced places about a year ago.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 3

I was quoted 30,000 baht for 1 mth in LK Metropole just last week. Big room (sitting room and bedroom) overlooking the pool.

I declined because in my head I’d be banging 5 Thai girls at a time and I’d have to pay a joiner fee for anything other than the first one.

I ended up in apartment above Sugar Sugar - excellent.

I also stayed at LK empress on beach road, which was nice (great pool, great views) BUT avoid the rooms right on beach road - the ladyboys partying (and fighting) outside every night until 4am will drive you crazy.

Herman hotel next door were also advertising deals and accepting bookings.

(footnote: I’m unlikely to ever be banging 5 birds at once - but it’s good to dream)

My honest ramblings relating to my first ever adventure in Thailand December 2017 - My First Time in Pattaya, Thailand
"Happiness is like a warm summer breeze caressing your face" 

13 hours ago, striderman said:

there is a growing construction major drainage problem involving Soi 15 which will in time  include grand avenue. i very rarely start threads but i'm going to have to with Soi 15 to avoid BM's overseas committing to rental agreements before arrival. i will do it in the next day or so. this problem will effect hotels and condos near Soi 15

ok. i got my legs out of bed for some Soi 15 photos to show the extent of the works and the thread is up and running in this section

17 hours ago, striderman said:

I pass Soi 15 regularly and ti taken them 10 weeks for from they started. With current progress Soi 15 will likely be Beach Road  2 0 and a bloody mess when the rain starts. 

Thank you again for the suggestions.

Found the everything pattaya videos pretty useful for ideas for who to try so much appreciated.

On 26/01/2022 at 11:03, Greg_B said:

I liked the View Talay 2 condos for a longer term renting. It is on a Baht Bus route and a quiet area.

https://rent-buy-thailand.com/condominiums-for-rent-pattaya/lease-condo-jomtien

I've never been too impressed by that place.  The entrance/main floor feels like being on a cruise ship with all the AirBnB tourists constantly coming and going.  I'm not crazy about the location for baht bus travel either.  It's still a bit of a walk to the road. If you plan to be going to/from Pattaya a lot that trip over the hill and then being stuck in traffic on 2nd road will get old real fast.  It would not be too bad if you had your own scooter though.

If I were to stay there and didn't plan on having a scooter, I would only consider building 2A.  2B is quite a bit further walk to the road.  It may not look like much on paper but it's a different story when it's 40c with 80% humidity or monsoon rain and little or no shade around.  I think 2A apt sizes may be a little bigger as well but not sure about that.

Edited by Kale

2 hours ago, Kale said:

I've never been too impressed by that place.  The entrance/main floor feels like being on a cruise ship with all the AirBnB tourists constantly coming and going.  I'm not crazy about the location for baht bus travel either.  It's still a bit of a walk to the road. If you plan to be going to/from Pattaya a lot that trip over the hill and then being stuck in traffic on 2nd road will get old real fast.  It would not be too bad if you had your own scooter though.

If I were to stay there and didn't plan on having a scooter, I would only consider building 2A.  2B is quite a bit further walk to the road.  It may not look like much on paper but it's a different story when it's 40c with 80% humidity or monsoon rain and little or no shade around.  I think 2A apt sizes may be a little bigger as well but not sure about that.

I agree with you on 2A and I lived there for 2 happy years. I was on the afternoon shady side and always got a nice ocean breeze/view. To and from isn't a big problem but the damn Baht bus stays full from the beach and I took a motorbike taxi into Pattaya for 80 Baht. Coming back a Baht bus was always used.

6 hours ago, electro said:

maybe look at the hide away guesthouse by Soi Boomerang

For my last 3 years of trips I stayed at Boomerang Guesthouse (now GC) Hideaway was always well patronised, I would consider it as a replacement but note Striderman's comments re Soi 15.

Anyone have experience of "Yesotel" on Bakhauo near the market, advertising rooms @ 7500 pm it looks budget but some rooms are like a condo??? (with kitchen). Looks like a reasonable central place to stay while long term condo hunting?