IGNORED

Opinion: Restoring Test and Go is a good start but day five testing must go or changes be made

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Test and Go is back!!!!!!!! Pattaya newsreaders, especially those overseas trying to return to Thailand for a holiday or to live, were elated when they heard that Test and Go was returning on February 1st after about a month’s suspension due to concerns around the Omicron Covid-19 variant. That is, until they read the fine […]

Opinion: Restoring Test and Go is a good start but day five testing must go or changes be made
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

I  was just reading that same article i think it was by adam judd .i think he mentioned the stipulation that you have to book the second test to stay in a booked hotel and stay until the results come back for the second pcr . its not test and go but test go and test . he mentioned that the tourists already have to have a pcr test prior to flying on some airlines mine included singapore , then one test on arrival then the 2nd on day five then one before leaving . i,m hope i,m not harping on its good news that something has been done , unfortunately i had booked a flight leaving on the 3rd of february and not much chance of completing all of the paperwork to enable me to go . i hope everyone is well and fingers crossed that things will eventually improve as time goes by thanks again for reading 

I could see an antigen test on day 5 as an option, but to require another PCR day is about 5,000 Baht out of pocket and lost holiday time.

I can't book until they change day # 5. I'm already accepting the reduced hours, can we get a break on this...?

2 hours ago, Greg_B said:

I could see an antigen test on day 5 as an option, but to require another PCR day is about 5,000 Baht out of pocket and lost holiday time.

I can't book until they change day # 5. I'm already accepting the reduced hours, can we get a break on this...?

My concern is getting exposed on day 1-5 and testing positive PCR on day five. The safe thing would be to stay indoors until the second PCR test on day five is negative but that makes 6-7 days of quarantine up arrival. 

• Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

With all the flip flopping by the clowns ruining the country I would postpone any plans of visiting until June at the earliest......another slight rise in infections and they will put us back to 10/14 days quarantine once again....

• Like 2

I don’t think the day 5 test is the problem, it’s what happens to you if you do unfortunately test positive that’s the problem. Most guys (and even families) looking at a Thai holiday are most likely coming from countries that simply require you to self isolate on a positive test, not be carted off by a government directive to a hospital or the like. 

Last night here in Sydney on the main news broadcast was a story of a family who went to Phuket, the young daughter tested positive and was removed from the family into quarantine, the family supposedly had little to no communication from officials on their teens situation. The mother and sibling had to return home, leaving the father to extend his stay to wait out his daughter’s quarantine. It certainly wasn’t a good look for Thai tourism and the consequences of testing positive, in essence, really bad publicity that may well turn people away from LOS.

Edited by Dr No

1 hour ago, petermik said:

With all the flip flopping by the clowns ruining the country I would postpone any plans of visiting until June at the earliest......another slight rise in infections and they will put us back to 10/14 days quarantine once again....

Yes. They start off with a good idea to bring back "Test & Go" but cannot help themselves and trowel on further requirements to make it unworkable and expensive. It happens each time - the day 5 test in this instance.

Potential trip plans for me just get pushed back further & further to the extent I'm losing interest to be honest.

If it happens, it happens is now my approach. If not meh....

Edited by Zeb

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

1 hour ago, Zeb said:

Yes. They start off with a good idea to bring back "Test & Go" but cannot help themselves and trowel on further requirements to make it unworkable and expensive. It happens each time - the day 5 test in this instance.

Potential trip plans for me just get pushed back further & further to the extent I'm losing interest to be honest.

If it happens, it happens is now my approach. If not meh....

Your first sentence hits the nail on the head!  That makes two days MINIMUM lost, also with the cost of two (separate???) days SHA+ hotel tacked on, with the possibility of ten days Hospitel hanging over a relaxing holiday...

Well, have mentioned previously that I had booked a May 2022 trip on the evening before Omicron hit the news.  Have only booked flights and will do nothing further until April 2022.  Booked direct with SIA and am able to change flights without penalty.  So am hoping this Thai horse shit has decomposed to a large extent by then.  If not, will just move the flights further right until it does happen...

• Like 2

Unless they get rid of tests after arrival altogether, they won't get nearly as many tourists as they planned.

Proof of vaccination, preflight test, insurance - that ought to be enough!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, alexlad said:

Proof of vaccination, preflight test, insurance - that ought to be enough!

Agree 100%. Wasn't even the WHO saying this recently? New Test & Go is more like Test & Test & and then Go after 5 days. I mean, don't even get me started but at least Thailand has a way to get in, if highly inconvenient. I'm looking at you, Vietnam (and pretty much everywhere else in Asia).