IGNORED

Thai TV in UK ?

TOMSA

is it possible to watch Thai TV in UK with a a sky dish ? g/f coming for hols to UK

thanks

alan from wales

is it possible to watch Thai TV in UK with a a sky dish ? g/f coming for hols to UK

thanks

i may be wrong but i seem to recall a similar post a while ago that said if you have as basic sky dish and system then no you carnt however if you have a bigger dish and or a multi LNB on the dish then you can get thai tv from a satellite next to the sky ones , one of the Hotbirds i seem to recall

quick google.com search got me this site with info

http://www.thailand-uk.com/

Edited by merlin99

My friend has an uber satelite dish for arab tv and free football, and he picks up a lot of thai channels.

You'd need to shell out on a proper dish, I think one of the motorised ones you move around to reach different satelites.

• 1 month later...

thanks

thai global on free to air digital

Yes, there is a free to air channel on one of the hotbirds as other have pointed out. Last time I checked there was a Thai Buddhist channel as well featuring speeches by monks if that's your thing.

A cheap free to air digital receiver and a 70cm dish and LNB will easily suffice. I set my system up myself in an afternoon but you would need some knowledge about satellite locations and a signal strength meter to do this properly. It's a simple task for a satellite systems fitter.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 3 months later...

Yes, there is a free to air channel on one of the hotbirds as other have pointed out. Last time I checked there was a Thai Buddhist channel as well featuring speeches by monks if that's your thing.

A cheap free to air digital receiver and a 70cm dish and LNB will easily suffice. I set my system up myself in an afternoon but you would need some knowledge about satellite locations and a signal strength meter to do this properly. It's a simple task for a satellite systems fitter.

Another simple way to set up sat tv in your house is to bring a small tv with you to the roof of the house so you can tune the tv channels by moving the dish to its right location

you can get the dish and receiver, complete kit from wickes, £115 all in; you just need to know how to tune it in; if you have a mate with the right gear, just a beer; channels are free as well

Don't bother getting Thai Tv !!!!!!!!! Once you have it, she'll pay no more attention to you.