IGNORED

Phuket question

nonthamat

Are there any other bar strips where they don't play the music so .... loud . I like to talk a bit first 

• Haha 1

On 23/12/2021 at 17:46, Kindred said:

Okay, didn't expect this, but tonight had tons of fun at OTOP!  For those that haven't been there in a while, they re-made all the bars/area and I guess they're trying to promote it as much as they can, but its definitely fun to check out!

It's obviously not as busy as Bangla (by far), but its more spread out compared to Bangla so it feels a bit more relaxed and intimate.  If you like chilling out at bars, playing pool, and hooking up with bar girls, then OTOP should definitely be on the list.

I can't really capture the atmosphere in words, and these pictures don't really do it justice, but honestly I'd easily spend alternate nights between Bangla and OTOP, or combine the two, because it's just a lot more relaxed to Bangla.

IMG_5565.thumb.jpg.8c206372aea2067caa8ea38800324118.jpg

IMG_5570.thumb.jpg.d56f170d71c47886262f2f221d1e1407.jpg

IMG_5571.thumb.jpg.97e1b668157036259d918488793cccad.jpg

@nonthamatCheckout this post from Kindred who I think is there now.Its been a few  years since I have been to Phuket.But this area is more relaxed and laid back though not for everyone as can sometimes look a bit too quiet but its good.

Are you in Phuket now or planning a trip?

Edited by Gaztop08

Also there is a road called Nanai road that is setback from Bangla beach area.This though is a long winding road with bars dotted along it so might be better to survey it on a Motorbike to see what bar takes your fancy.These bars will be quieter with expats and can have some older ladies but have character though.

yep, both places above are good ideas: OTOP and soi nanai (both in patong). 

you can also go to different places than Patong. rawai would be probably be the logical choice for more laid back bars, but kamala could also be a good option. 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, Gaztop08 said:

@nonthamatCheckout this post from Kindred who I think is there now.Its been a few  years since I have been to Phuket.But this area is more relaxed and laid back though not for everyone as can sometimes look a bit too quiet but its good.

Are you in Phuket now or planning a trip?

Im I Phuket now . Thx for the reply 

15 hours ago, petehoax said:

yep, both places above are good ideas: OTOP and soi nanai (both in patong). 

you can also go to different places than Patong. rawai would be probably be the logical choice for more laid back bars, but kamala could also be a good option. 

I went to Kamala the other night and it was very quiet.  The restaurants on the beach are buzzing, and the street with the bars opposite/next to each other was a little busy, but the rest felt like a ghost town, and it's a little disjointed to get around between those two areas at night.

Bolt price was 250B between Patong and Kamala which isn't too bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I have not been there for maybe 5 or 6 years so, a couple of questions for Phuket expats or regular visitors.

!. I notice that there is Bolt (as per previous post), but is there Grab there as well?

2. Golf...my mate and I are thinking about playing a round over there. We are not regular golfers without clubs over there and we just want a reasonable public ? type course that is relatively cheap...not the expensive resort type courses. Anyone know of any?

3. Dentist...any recommendations for a good dentist in the Patong area with reasonable pricing. I normally go to the bloke in Pattaya who has a good reputation but this trip is limited to Phuket only.

4. MOST IMPORTANT...I normally get my onion bag and arsehole shaved by a lovely girl in Pattaya and can anyone recommend a good beauty salon or the like to attend to this important ritual that I go through on my first day in Thailand...Patong area please.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

6 hours ago, gentleenforcer said:

I have not been there for maybe 5 or 6 years so, a couple of questions for Phuket expats or regular visitors.

!. I notice that there is Bolt (as per previous post), but is there Grab there as well?

2. Golf...my mate and I are thinking about playing a round over there. We are not regular golfers without clubs over there and we just want a reasonable public ? type course that is relatively cheap...not the expensive resort type courses. Anyone know of any?

3. Dentist...any recommendations for a good dentist in the Patong area with reasonable pricing. I normally go to the bloke in Pattaya who has a good reputation but this trip is limited to Phuket only.

4. MOST IMPORTANT...I normally get my onion bag and arsehole shaved by a lovely girl in Pattaya and can anyone recommend a good beauty salon or the like to attend to this important ritual that I go through on my first day in Thailand...Patong area please.

5. Is there any bar in Phuket similar to Bamboo Bar in Pattaya, other than Taipan.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1) yes, there's bolt (but much more expensive than pattaya) and grab. grab has different categories of cars. the grab "justride" (or called something like that) category is the cheapest, followed by bolt rides, followed by normal grab car category. sometimes you can't get a ride in the "justride" category, so you need to switch. 

2) no idea

3) there are tons of dentists, most are on 2nd road. I've used https://www.dentaljoyphuket.com/ several times (for emergency root canal, getting a crown and normal dental cleaning) and i'm very happy with them and can fully recommend it. 

4) no idea

5) the closest thing are probably the two live-bar places on bangla, "new york live music bar" and sweeties. 
Sweeties has a lot of freelancers normally, but often in group with friends... But many of them are approachable. I'd say there's afaik no place in Patong that has such a high average age as bamboo, but those two places might give a similar experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.