Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Koh Chang

landslide

What is the best method to get from Bangkok to Koh Chang. If by taxi, does anybody have an idea of the cost? Also, would be interested in recommendations on a decent hotel in the 2000 baht or less range. thanks

Bangkok go Koh Chang? One could easily take the bus from Ekamai bus station (BTS) to Trat (probably around 200 to 250B). From Trat you board the ferry to the island. From the ferry board the songtow (baht bus) to take you and everyone else where you want to go.

flight from don muang to trat then a mini bus to the island

in the past the mini bus will take you to a few hotels

and you can go in and price them whilst the mini bus waits

move on if you dont like them

hotel? plenty depends where you want be

taxi would be the same price as flying

bus cheap but takes time

Member since Dec 06.

What is the best method to get from Bangkok to Koh Chang. If by taxi, does anybody have an idea of the cost? Also, would be interested in recommendations on a decent hotel in the 2000 baht or less range. thanks

Landslide: I like White Sand Beach Resort. Bungalows on the sand all the way at the S end of the beach. Pretty idyllic and isolated on the best part of the beach. They've got a restaurant which is decent and there's some backpacker places with restaurants next door. The bad: it's about a kilo walk down the beach or a bike ride over a mountain. When they dump me off the song taew, I rent a motobike across from the KC Resort, and take it up and over to the resort. The KC is nice too, if you want convenience, and to be able to walk easily into town. Try to stay at that end of the beach. The other end is rocky ans shallow. There's actually some action in a couple bars at that end of the beach and in a couple of the other towns. The island is big and beautiful so you should definitely rent a bike. Kai Bae and Lonely Beach are sweet, but more the backpacker style. You can take a minibus from Kao San directly to your hotel as well. I think it's 600 baht or so. It'll save you a couple hours. ps: don't miss the waterfalls. wj

Edited by wackyjacky

THanks for the responses. It seems like a minibus is the way to go. I will be going with a Thai girlfriend, so action is not important. Just want to relax and recuperate after the long flight for a few days.