IGNORED

Pattaya introduces its five-year strategy to develop the city as the ‘Tourism City of the Future’

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Pattaya – The authorities of Pattaya City and Burapha University jointly drafted the “Pattaya City Development Plan 2023-2027” to develop Pattaya into a tourism city of the future, Mayor Sonthaya Klunplome revealed yesterday, December 8th. The plan is designed to make Pattaya, according to officials, the “Tourism City of the Future”. The five-year strategy will […]

Pattaya introduces its five-year strategy to develop the city as the ‘Tourism City of the Future’
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

"The five-year strategy will focus on a balance of economy and environment"

All the best! Perhaps the flooding thing could be a nice place to start?

Air quality? Traffic safety? 

I know I'm being completely unreasonable here. Which is why I'm fairly optimistic that this will remain the prime TNA outlet under the sun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I don't know how they will fix the water problem,  when I was there last the hotels water was cut off from time to time.  The dams were extremely low, if it weren't for Covid they would have been completely dry.

Also the problem with flooding. 

To fix those two issues alone, they'd just about have to bulldoze the lot and start again. 

• Like 2

And most of the problems from years ago are still there. Maybe more money to pocket from new projects? 

8 hours ago, The Pattaya News said:

to develop Pattaya into a tourism city of the future

Might be very honest declaration. It reminds me the problem of Tomorrow, you just say "Better do it tomorrow" and never do it. Or same as starting going fitness from Monday. So City of the Future will remain in future and never present.
Who cares of fixing rain drainage system, better to install some cute observation desk with glass floor somewhere for tourists to take selfies and all happy!

Edited by Bananaserg

They are in the midst of step zero….make all the naughty bits go bust.

A sidewalk running along soi Buakhao would be nice. I wonder if that's in the budget? 

1 hour ago, WhiteThai said:

A sidewalk running along soi Buakhao would be nice. I wonder if that's in the budget? 

Would be nice indeed. But I think would have to become a one way street (?) I'd like that of all things.

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

28 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Would be nice indeed. But I think would have to become a one way street (?) I'd like that of all things.

Either that, or prohibiting parking on the side the sidewalk is on, might work as well. 

Ahh, it's nice to dream, 555

Given:

(1) the serious infrastructure problems faced by downtown Pattaya that will mar this plan (e.g. drainage, sewerage overflow, beach pollution), and knowing that enough money to fix those problems will not materialise in 2023-27, and

(2) the City Fathers are driven principally by wanting to attract private development money on the waterfront, including the WS waterfront, to improve local taxation, employment, and perceptions from central government in BKK ...

I'm confident that little will change beyond a WS redevelopment, more Beach Road high-rises and a re-distribution of the WS neon attractions to north of Soi 8 (i.e. good for Soi 6, 7 and 8 and east of Second Road away from the beach (i.e. good for Sois Buakhao and LKM, Treetown, etc.) The nightlife south of Soi 8, including Soi 13, 13/1 and 13/2 will come under redevelopment pressure if the real estate owners believe they can improve their returns. But we can expect to see more Beach Road high-rise developments including back east to Second Road.

If City Hall can crack the Big Nut represented by the landowners on WS, especially the many illegal structures over the water on the west side, then WS as we know it is toast. The WS landowners will soon have been deprived of rental income for going on one year. If the tourists do not return in sufficient numbers to justify the WS clubs re-opening and starting paying rent again (and China is nowhere near reopening its borders yet), then economic imperatives will force the decision-making of the WS landowning elite. Time alone will tell on this hoary old question.

• Like 2

Usual 'it won't/can't happen posts.......wishful thinking ?

I imagine it depends who wants it to happen.

So far as the old chestnut 'flooding' is concerned, perhaps the combination of monsoon rains and large catchment area all heading for the beach mean that at times it is unsolvable?
Anyway I doubt that many of those retired civil engineer expats who 'flood' FB with their opinion know what they're talking about.

If they are serious, they are getting pretty close to ground zero so perhaps no better time?

5 minutes ago, Edge said:

Usual 'it won't/can't happen posts.......wishful thinking ?

I imagine it depends who wants it to happen.

So far as the old chestnut 'flooding' is concerned, perhaps the combination of monsoon rains and large catchment area all heading for the beach mean that at times it is unsolvable?
Anyway I doubt that many of those retired civil engineer expats who 'flood' FB with their opinion know what they're talking about.

If they are serious, they are getting pretty close to ground zero so perhaps no better time?

I have no doubt it will happen but this kind of thing takes years to get to the end point. 

Agree re the flooding issues and the so called experts.