Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

4 star, on baht bus route, great breakfast, girl friendly - Any suggestions? (Done with shitty hotels with no amenities. I'm too old for that!)

nexus99

In my opinion, the only true 4 star hotel meeting your criteria is LK The Empress on Beach Road at Soi 12.  A step up into 4/5 star range also meeting your needs would be The Amari Pattaya and Holiday Inn Pattaya which are on Beach Road at Soi 1.

Personally, I believe The Amari Pattaya and Holiday Inn Pattaya offer a better total experience.  However, they are more costly and are located in North Pattaya- a much quieter part of town.

• Like 3

I was also going to suggest the Amari or possibly the Baraquda McGallery next to the Avenue or the Avani.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Like you I'm going to push the boat out a little this trip. 3 weeks to go but who's counting? I booked siam@siam on Agoda for 60 euro a night incl breakfast for 7 nights. Was toying with the idea of Chaba Hut for 600 baht a night but after an absence of 2 years I said life is too short. Looks like an amazing hotel.

Areca Lodge in Soi Honey.

Soi Honey runs from Second Road.  Go inland from opposite Mikes Shopping Centre which extends from Beach Road to Second Road. Areca hotel is on the right just before and opposite Soi LK bar area, and about 150m before intersection with Soi Buakhao.

Baht bus services are in both Second Road and in Soi Buakhao.

hotel has range of rooms, two pools, good breakfast, small gym, girl friendly.

See web site for details and to seek prices for your dates.

1 hour ago, Bonkabit said:

Soi Honey runs from Second Road.  Go inland from opposite Mikes Shopping Centre which extends from Beach Road to Second Road. Areca hotel is on the right just before and opposite Soi LK bar area, and about 150m before intersection with Soi Buakhao.

two things wrong with your post.  #1 Areca is not a 4*   #2 Areca Lodge is not on Soi Honey.

OP:  Check out Hard Rock hotel.   can reach beach road and 2nd road via hotel.    The pool is one of the best in the city.    Extremely comfortable beds, high pressure and very hot water for shower and great buffett for breakfast or lunch/dinner. ive always enjoyed my time at this place.

Book via there website for promos not 3rd party sites.

Edited by HimBadMan

4 hours ago, HimBadMan said:

two things wrong with your post.  #1 Areca is not a 4*   #2 Areca Lodge is not on Soi Honey.

1. Areca hotel grading. You may be right; I believe Thailand does not have 'official' gradings as do some other countries. On web sites I have seen 'Self assessed' for hotels.

It is certainly a good hotel.

2. Location. You are right, Areca is in Soi Diana, parallel to and a bit south of Soi Honey. My memory seems to be fading with over two years since my last trip!  Apologies for the lapse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2021 at 01:45, heytc said:

In my opinion, the only true 4 star hotel meeting your criteria is LK The Empress on Beach Road at Soi 12.  A step up into 4/5 star range also meeting your needs would be The Amari Pattaya and Holiday Inn Pattaya which are on Beach Road at Soi 1.

Personally, I believe The Amari Pattaya and Holiday Inn Pattaya offer a better total experience.  However, they are more costly and are located in North Pattaya- a much quieter part of town.

I am taking your advice and will be at the Amari for 6 nights in June!  If you have any tips for the hotel please let me know!

On 07/12/2021 at 05:59, Bonkabit said:

soi dianna

• 3 months later...
On 07/12/2021 at 00:09, HimBadMan said:

OP:  Check out Hard Rock hotel.   can reach beach road and 2nd road via hotel.    The pool is one of the best in the city.    Extremely comfortable beds, high pressure and very hot water for shower and great buffett for breakfast or lunch/dinner. ive always enjoyed my time at this place.

Book via there website for promos not 3rd party sites.

Hard Rock isn't girlfriendly I have been told. What was your experience when you stayed there?

57 minutes ago, Tapaz1976 said:

Hard Rock isn't girlfriendly I have been told. What was your experience when you stayed there?

I never was questioned bringing a girl back.   plus love the fact there is Two ways to enter.. if u go through 2nd road entrance u pass the lobby.  if you enter through beach road and the pool you bypass the lobby.      but I entered both ways and never stopped.

18 hours ago, HimBadMan said:

I never was questioned bringing a girl back.   plus love the fact there is Two ways to enter.. if u go through 2nd road entrance u pass the lobby.  if you enter through beach road and the pool you bypass the lobby.      but I entered both ways and never stopped.

Cool, good to know. I was misinformed then.

TIM Intimate hotel on Soi 14 off second road  is  very close to Soi Honey and Diana.Also an easy walk to LK Metro.GF and good rooftop pool area.I stayed there in 2018 and 2019

Edit, cant comment on breakfast but that must be easy enough to check on line.Kiss food and Central festival options are a very short walk away.

Edited by Essexman1961
extra info

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, caseroch said:

Are all the girl friendly hotels still allowing girls despite Covid?

Yes.  No issues.

First reply suggested Holiday Inn, and I can vouch for it, especially if you can get it at a good price (or a price acceptable to you).

It is at "the far end" of the Second Road/Beach Road loop from Walking Street, but the opening of Terminal 21 in late 2018 really expanded the options of things to do close to the hotel.

I stayed there in Feb 2020 and liked it. Haven't been back only because I have been getting better deals with points at Hilton and InterContinental.

On 07/12/2021 at 04:29, Bonkabit said:

you mean Soi Diana I think, Sir; thats the road with Areca Lodge, Kiss food on corner of 2nd street, PapayaGo bar, and LK Metropole complex. 

Soi Honey is the street one up from it going past the Base condo, turning in after the super busy corner 7-11. 

I never learnt street names in Pattaya until now; just navigated by landmarks and establishments; this upcoming trip Im gonna stroll down Chaiyapoon & Pothole, two streets that are referenced a lot (ive probably been there just didnt know it) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, basilchicken said:

Chaiyapoon & Pothole

Same same :) maybe you mean xcite which is connected to pothole. 

• Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 07/12/2021 at 10:04, Bonkabit said:

1. Areca hotel grading. You may be right; I believe Thailand does not have 'official' gradings as do some other countries. On web sites I have seen 'Self assessed' for hotels.

It is certainly a good hotel.

2. Location. You are right, Areca is in Soi Diana, parallel to and a bit south of Soi Honey. My memory seems to be fading with over two years since my last trip!  Apologies for the lapse.

sorry didnt see your correction before my post 🙈

conversely, my memory is coming alive due to anticipation of next trip after 2 yrs 😃🙌🏼

I literally know Pattaya more than I know my hometown in California; well because Ive explored and walked around Patts; my suburban sleepy town in Cali, not much to explore except rows n rows of typical identical suburban houses. 

4 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Same same :) maybe you mean xcite which is connected to pothole. 

🤣🤣🤣 learnt something today! 

oh dang, so chaiyapoon and pothole are same, no shit lol thanks for clarifying that

i would've been that mega idiot walking around on soi chaiyapoon asking ppl wheres soi pothole btw 🤦🏻‍♀️

yes soi xcite (i always call it excite bike in my head for some nostalgic nintendo era reason) then it shall be. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, basilchicken said:

🤣🤣🤣 learnt something today! 

i would've been that mega idiot walking around on soi chaiyapoon asking ppl wheres soi pothole btw 🤦🏻‍♀️

I think if you were walking along Chayapoon you would soon realise where Soi Pothole was.😁