Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chonburi Governor releases new orders easing Covid-19 restrictions effective from today, alcohol sales ban at restaurants, etc. stays however

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Chonburi, Thailand The Chonburi Governor has released new orders through their Public Relations Facebook page today (December 1st) detailing the easing of Covid-19 restrictions. The biggest change is that to gathering limits and closing times, allowing many venues to now close at their “normal” times, which refers to normal operating hours without Covid-19 restrictions. However, […]

Chonburi Governor releases new orders easing Covid-19 restrictions effective from today, alcohol sales ban at restaurants, etc. stays however
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

what a circus

• Like 2

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a province had to be classed as "blue" to be considered some kind of tourist zone, and allow alcohol in restaurants.

The colour zoning is set at national level, so the Chonburi Governor does not have the power to allow alcohol sales until the national government changes the Chonburi colour

.....I think!

Is my understanding correct?

4 minutes ago, kevin2013 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a province had to be classed as "blue" to be considered some kind of tourist zone, and allow alcohol in restaurants.

The colour zoning is set at national level, so the Chonburi Governor does not have the power to allow alcohol sales until the national government changes the Chonburi colour

.....I think!

Is my understanding correct?

It is correct and now he does have the power to allow Pattaya to have the same rules as Bangkok and Phuket as Pattaya was announced as a blue zone area yesterday by TAT (see Chonburi restrictions thread) so it makes the decision all the more bizarre and ridiculous.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

1 minute ago, Stokielad said:

It is correct and now he does have the power to allow Pattaya to have the same rules as Bangkok and Phuket as Pattaya was announced as a blue zone area yesterday by TAT (see Chonburi restrictions thread) so it makes the decision all the more bizarre and ridiculous.

OK, then my mistake. I thought it had been moved to orange

Hard to keep up

Pattaya is both an orange zone and a blue zone. But being a blue zone does not automatically allow the governor to allow alcohol sales. The CSSA is giving the OK on alcohol sales on a case by case basis. It's not up to the governor.

Edited by Goolabert
spelling

8 minutes ago, Goolabert said:

The CSSA is giving the OK on alcohol sales on a case by case basis. It's not up to the governor

As I understand it, it's up to the gov to ask permission. Why hasn't he? 

The decision for lifting the alcohol ban (which those above is correct, Pattaya/Sattahip, part of Si Racha, and Koh Larn are blue districts and tourist zones) is that of the provincial communicable disease committee. This is headed by the Governor, but the CCSA representatives and health departments have a prominent role on this group. The latter is the one holding the decision up to let Pattaya have a Bangkok or Phuket style exception.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.

Reading between the lines....

Regards, Atlas.

Reading between the lines on a Thaiger report from the PM....

“We would like to wait and see for a month. In this matter, we must listen to doctors and health authorities. Enclosed venues where crowds gather and drink pose high risks. That will be put on hold. Assistance measures will be proposed to the cabinet soon.”

I reckon the chances of bar life ever returning now if Omricon lands will be after Songkran, if at all. I don't drink so really does not matter to me, but I enjoy going out to the bars and nighlife... 

Until thee are riots in the street from the Thai people, this won't change, they have their ultimate contol, they are hadly going to give it back up..... 😞

Regards, Atlas.