Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hundreds of Pattaya business owners file formal request to Chonburi Governor, Pattaya Mayor, and the CCSA to allow alcohol sales at venues

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Pattaya – Business operators in Pattaya and Jomtien have formally handed letters and petitions to the Chonburi Governor and the Pattaya City Mayor, which will also reportedly be presented to the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, asking to allow alcohol sales in restaurants before the New Year and for Pattaya to be allowed a similar […]

Hundreds of Pattaya business owners file formal request to Chonburi Governor, Pattaya Mayor, and the CCSA to allow alcohol sales at venues
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

3 minutes ago, 1500B said:

But I think there is more leverage in simply asking, "Why is Cambodia about to be fully opened but not Thailand?"

Sorry mate.... But IMO, the people that matter here really couldn't give a rats what Hun Sen does... just the way I see it, they run their own race here, and are fiercely proud  of that.

Having said that, Lisa has done a good job and my signature is one of the 300 or so, for what it is worth...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1500B said:

Well, it's a start.

But I think there is more leverage in simply asking, "Why is Cambodia about to be fully opened but not Thailand?"

Simples.

Took Cambo a while to catch up tho. Up until yesterday still had 7/14 days quarantine. I’m no fan of this administration but it’s a little different opening a country with a population of 16m and 88% vaxxed. 

• Like 1

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

3 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Took Cambo a while to catch up tho. Up until yesterday still had 7/14 days quarantine. I’m no fan of this administration but it’s a little different opening a country with a population of 16m and 88% vaxxed. 

All true, no argument.

At the same time, there are inconsistencies with Covid numbers, vax numbers and the colour coding of Provinces at the moment. Others would make the point that some of the decisions made so far are not purely on the science or health advice.

Of course, I never would.

Thailand said prior to the last big meeting that it was important for Thailand to move in line, or ahead of it's neighbours.

And now the Cambodians says they want to be ahead of their neighbours.

Just sayin.

10 minutes ago, dave01 said:

Having said that, Lisa has done a good job and my signature is one of the 300 or so, for what it is worth...

Please don't get me wrong. Letting the powers that be know of the dire circumstances of the entertainment is worthwhile.

At the same time, it was already well known how dire the situation in Pattaya was before the last big meeting.

Now,  I'm not saying you come across as selfish mate. Not at all.

I just think some approaches have more leverage than others.

20 minutes ago, dave01 said:

But IMO, the people that matter here really couldn't give a rats what Hun Sen does... just the way I see it, they run their own race here, and are fiercely proud  of that.

I would never argue that Thailand isn't a proud state.

But Thailand wants to be a leader in the region in welcoming tourists and to do that all of the key elements that draw tourists have to be opened - it becomes starkly evident that you aren't doing everything you can when your little neighbour opens everything. 

last year there was no change in pattaya till the public schools went back. they are due to resume next week

The owners seem to be on a hiding to nothing. When they make an effort they get ridiculed and if they do nothing they get hammered online.

They just can’t win.

Personally I applaud them for trying regardless of the end results.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Good luck to all the businesses who signed the petition, hopefully will help get things opening up soon.

• Like 3