Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

December Flight Prices from UK

T-T-T

Well despite Covid and the slight restrictions to re-enter Thailand been looking for a flight for a family member and prices seem to be back to normal for December.  They want to come for xmas so 12 December to 28th  back in UK 

BA Economy = £1255

Thai Economy = £1091 

Emirates=£ 1042  

Business nothing below £2200?

Singapore seem to be leading with a flight at £500 but as soon as you move a week to 18th prices skyrocket again and cheapest is £800. 

That is the Cheapest I can see for a flight with a connection below 18 hours total travel time. So either a shortage of seats or some airlines are testing the market at the moment . Add in your covid tests , insurance .. not as cheap as I thought it would be  

Anybody else trying to get here for Xmas what is your experience on prices so far ?

Edited by T-T-T

As I'm reasearching my own flights and have all the pages open - I've done some digging....

What airport from the UK?  I can see on Google flights for those dates at £977 economy for a direct flight with Thai Airlines from Heathrow, but Emerates have a decent flight with a DXB 2.3hr layover for £815.  If you are okay with a 17 hour layover in HEL, Finnair have a flight for £460!

Singapore have a heathrow flight on your dates for £580 from LHR?  With only an hour layover going and returning.

BHX airport with Emirates has the flight I normally take at £853 (2.5 hr stop in DXB) - I normally pay c£600 but its £850 for those dates.

Its pretty much in line with pre-covid pricing.  My 1st week in December flight from BHX in 2018 cost me £600, but I rememeber it was c£900 if I chose the 2nd week of December.

Manchester has some good deals at c£650 with a 3 hour layover in DOH, Cardiff with Singapore for £560 with a 70 minute layover in SIN

Edited by mattmoore1965x

BA not flying so don’t book with them! 
AFAIK, definitely won’t be until at least middle of January and possibly later.

I’ve looked at Biz fares, but not for those dates. In general, Swiss, Finnair regularly cheaper but I won’t use them. Etihad cheapest of ME airlines with Singapore unusually competitive.

Edit: a quick search showed Swiss, Finnair, Lufthansa & Singapore with decent economy fares BUT it could just be with agents and I’d prefer to book direct at the moment. Thai not too bad.

Nothing much in Biz. Finnair cheapest but over £2k.

Premium Economy £1275 with Singapore.

Further edit: I’m getting Singapore for under £600 booking direct with them (clicking through from Kayak)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

42 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

As I'm reasearching my own flights and have all the pages open - I've done some digging....

What airport from the UK?  I can see on Google flights for those dates at £977 economy for a direct flight with Thai Airlines from Heathrow, but Emerates have a decent flight with a DXB 2.3hr layover for £815.  If you are okay with a 17 hour layover in HEL, Finnair have a flight for £460!

Singapore have a heathrow flight on your dates for £580 from LHR?  With only an hour layover going and returning.

BHX airport with Emirates has the flight I normally take at £853 (2.5 hr stop in DXB) - I normally pay c£600 but its £850 for those dates.

Its pretty much in line with pre-covid pricing.  My 1st week in December flight from BHX in 2018 cost me £600, but I rememeber it was c£900 if I chose the 2nd week of December.

Manchester has some good deals at c£650 with a 3 hour layover in DOH, Cardiff with Singapore for £560 with a 70 minute layover in SIN

Heathrow , strangely enough cleared my Cache and history and. now seeing a far better range of flight from £500 :-) will keep playing .. 

image.png.3ea3157e6dd527a5807c5d4e4c2d00aa.png

Edited by T-T-T

Seems as good a thread as any…

I understand that KLM are reducing the number of flights to Bangkok from next month. Sorry, don’t know the details but just be aware as some people have already had flights cancelled.

Don't forget that SIngapore airlines require an RT-PCR test on the return as well as the outward leg. Finnair, KLM, BA all exclude baggage allowance so add on an extra £110 minimum. Anything pre christmas booking direct with the airline is now looking 700+.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

Scoot are flying from Gatwick to/from Singapore from next month. It stops at BKK in both directions so is direct between LGW and BKK.

20211112_media_release.pdf?sfvrsn=ba3575

https://flyscootprod.blob.core.windows.net/prod-src/docs/default-source/doc-pr/20211112_media_release.pdf?sfvrsn=ba357553_2

I couldn’t find much availability but if someone wants a short trip 16 December out and 28 December back is available for under £300 (I assume this doesn’t include luggage etc etc) or about £750 in whatever the upper class on Scoot is called.

No return flights available at all in January, not a lot of use at the moment! Luggage is an extra £37 each way (but still small) and then bizarrely if you want food (11 1/2 hr flight) it's an extra £43 each way! With food and a small case not much cheaper than the standard carriers but cheap for a direct flight.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

On 05/11/2021 at 10:19, davidge said:

BA not flying so don’t book with them! 
AFAIK, definitely won’t be until at least middle of January and possibly later.

I’ve looked at Biz fares, but not for those dates. In general, Swiss, Finnair regularly cheaper but I won’t use them. Etihad cheapest of ME airlines with Singapore unusually competitive.

Edit: a quick search showed Swiss, Finnair, Lufthansa & Singapore with decent economy fares BUT it could just be with agents and I’d prefer to book direct at the moment. Thai not too bad.

Nothing much in Biz. Finnair cheapest but over £2k.

Premium Economy £1275 with Singapore.

Further edit: I’m getting Singapore for under £600 booking direct with them (clicking through from Kayak)

Any date on when BA flying  please ?

5 minutes ago, Wiley Coyote said:

Any date on when BA flying  please ?

No. Just that they’ve been cancelling bookings until at least the middle of January. I’ll be surprised if they start up again even then tbh. There’s just not going to be the demand with current entry rules. A friend’s wife was on Gulf into BKK last week and passengers were in single figures in Economy. BA isn’t going to carry losses the way ME carriers are prepared to.

Singapore Airlines are still offering very cheap deals from the U.K. Business class depending on dates over the next 2 months are coming in at under £2K. Obviously they have the 48 hr over covid test stipulation, but it’s not really a problem as you need one anyway - you just have to go a day earlier.

I have always previously used the Middle East airlines in the past. Initially Etihad before they cut standards to the core and latterly Emirates. They are both expensive at the moment particularly Emirates who want £2600 for my dates.

I have no brand loyalty anymore I just want a decent flight with no hassle at a good price.

On 12/11/2021 at 18:16, davidge said:

No. Just that they’ve been cancelling bookings until at least the middle of January. I’ll be surprised if they start up again even then tbh. There’s just not going to be the demand with current entry rules. A friend’s wife was on Gulf into BKK last week and passengers were in single figures in Economy. BA isn’t going to carry losses the way ME carriers are prepared to.

I've got a BA return (BKK-LHR) in late January, do you know how far in advance they cancel flights as it would be annoying...

46 minutes ago, sebastian0 said:

I've got a BA return (BKK-LHR) in late January, do you know how far in advance they cancel flights as it would be annoying...

Sorry, no. Just saw a couple of people saying they’d had flights cancelled. I’d definitely have a Plan B in your situation.

Edit: just checked the BA website and so far they’ve cancelled flights up to 9 January.

2 hours ago, don henley said:

Singapore Airlines are still offering very cheap deals from the U.K. Business class depending on dates over the next 2 months are coming in at under £2K. Obviously they have the 48 hr over covid test stipulation, but it’s not really a problem as you need one anyway - you just have to go a day earlier.

I have always previously used the Middle East airlines in the past. Initially Etihad before they cut standards to the core and latterly Emirates. They are both expensive at the moment particularly Emirates who want £2600 for my dates.

I have no brand loyalty anymore I just want a decent flight with no hassle at a good price.

I spotted some great SG prices looking for mid January, circa £1750.

The 48 hour requirement only needs careful planning, but at least the timing is 2 days prior to departure rather than 48 hours. Quote  "For example, if the PDT is taken on 1 November 2021, it will be valid for departures (for air/sea checkpoints) or arrivals (for land checkpoints) up to 3 November 2021, 2359 hours."

But I think SG is one of few airlines that will require a test for the return journey. Ironically, entry to Singapore for many countries is possible with either PCR or ART test but transiting requires PCR test.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Sorry, no. Just saw a couple of people saying they’d had flights cancelled. I’d definitely have a Plan B in your situation.

Edit: just checked the BA website and so far they’ve cancelled flights up to 9 January.

Thanks, also saw there are flights available on 10 Jan onwards. 

Worst case I will get a refund then I will just book whatever it's available on the same day... at least they are doing it 3 weeks out so won't be a last minute scramble. 

4 minutes ago, sebastian0 said:

Thanks, also saw there are flights available on 10 Jan onwards. 

Worst case I will get a refund then I will just book whatever it's available on the same day... at least they are doing it 3 weeks out so won't be a last minute scramble. 

Does that not mess up your Thailand pass application? . been wondering about flights myself and what happens if one I book cancels 

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

23 minutes ago, neo1011 said:

Does that not mess up your Thailand pass application? . been wondering about flights myself and what happens if one I book cancels 

Well I am flying in with Qatar and I think they are still operating, so I don't think it would be an issue. 

Did you book with them directl? They were my usual choice but since they did different bizz class bollocks I've not really looked at them. 

I would imagine booking through 3rd party with not a natural speaking English person (not being racist being factual with previous experiences) you are thinking you have booked one thing and finding been booked something different