IGNORED

No change to alcohol ban at restaurants, bar closures for now in Pattaya-Chonburi Provincial Police hold meeting with Pattaya business owners

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Pattaya, Thailand-   The Chonburi Provincial Police held a meeting this afternoon, November 4th, 2021, with Pattaya business owners in the hotel, restaurant, bar, service, and entertainment industry to address concerns about a continued ban on alcohol sales at restaurants and the closure of bars and entertainment venues. Entertainment venues have been closed for almost […]

No change to alcohol ban at restaurants, bar closures for now in Pattaya-Chonburi Provincial Police hold meeting with Pattaya business owners
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Absolutely ridiculous. There is, as mentioned elsewhere, this bit, though

The police stated that all venues, however, will be allowed to open “soon” and venues should prepare for being allowed to reopen

But sigh! Getting drunk now. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

51 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Absolutely ridiculous. There is, as mentioned elsewhere, this bit, though

But sigh! Getting drunk now. 

They've been saying soon and to prepare since October I think, meaningless at this point. Time to spend some time in Bangkok I think, Pattaya boredom finally getting to me.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Time to spend some time in Bangkok I think

I hear you. I just had to emphasize the bit that gives a slight sense of hope. But I'm very much considering doing the same for a few weeks. Although, the 9pm thing is putting me off. Just 11-midnight or so might tip the balance.

1 hour ago, Thomaz73 said:

I hear you. I just had to emphasize the bit that gives a slight sense of hope. But I'm very much considering doing the same for a few weeks. Although, the 9pm thing is putting me off. Just 11-midnight or so might tip the balance.

I don't care for the alcohol ban in restaurants (in Pattaya) itself. I don't drink in restaurants anyway. But you figure it will be a 3 step process for bars to open :

1. Alcohol allowed in restos with limits

2. Alcohol in restos without limits

3. Bars allowed to reopen 

• Like 1

So can host thousands at music festivals in tight groups in what would be termed potential super spreader type risk----- but having beer in an open bar with less than 4 people in it .

Taxi for Franz Kafka 

46 minutes ago, wadman said:

don't care for the alcohol ban in restaurants

You should. For the exact reason you stated. Besides, there's quite a lot of places I would think of as bars operating on resto licenses. Also, alcohol is a pretty crucial part of making a restaurant viable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy No Mates123 said:

So can host thousands at music festivals in tight groups in what would be termed potential super spreader type risk-----

Social distancing rules apply.

• Haha 3