IGNORED

Panicking. Please give advice with a plan b if swab result delayed.

Jenkinsby

All times Uk times. 
Traveling from Cardiff to Heathrow at midnight, wheels up 3pm on 4th November (tomorrow).

Because of work commitments I've just had my pcr 10am today. DAM health guaranteed the result by midnight when I paid for the test, but the nurse at the centre looked very dubious that it would be back before midnight and said the early hours was more likely. Also I've read a ton of reviews saying that people didn't get their results for much much longer, although some did. 

I see my options are:-

travel to Heathrow later, 5am or something. 
Travel at midnight regardless of result, if it comes though on my phone I'll need to find somewhere in Heathrow to print it. 

Another option is that if it doesn't come through at all, I can get a rapid test at Heathrow somewhere. 

Is this trip in trouble? Are there simple solutions that make it belt and bracers safe. 

I've never flown from Heathrow so I'm not familiar with the facilities. 

I'll be driving at Heathrow at 5am, so I'll have a lot of time to pull off a save if there are viable moves to make. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Mods, could you please put this in an appropriate section where it'll be seen if this isn't the one.

Thanks. 

Edited by Jenkinsby

Don’t Panic

Find a printer somewhere near the airport and print from there if results are running late. Not sure what exists in LHR area.

Maybe a hotel near the airport can help with printing? Why not spend a night and get some sleep? Or maybe you can print something even if you aren’t a guest if you ask nicely?

I got to check in at Heathrow airport only to be told that I hadn't printed the letter of acceptance for my quarantine hotel. I got my laptop out to show all my emails from the hotel, found the letter of acceptance and was given my boarding pass and directed to a counter across/opposite the check in where I was able to get a print out at no cost. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve flown from Heathrow many times.Its a very big airport but I've never felt it was too big and worried about getting lost there.Always found it well signposted for all the different terminals.

It doesn’t sound like you will need to travel between terminals but if you did it is quite easy.Here’s a link

https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airport/airport-maps/travel-between-terminals

If you are sweating on getting your result back in time.My choice would be to be at the airport much earlier and wait for result there.There will probably be a lot more choices of getting printout or getting another quick test at the airport and most of your travel to airport would be done.

I think you mentioned about driving up there?.Ive always used National express from the Cardiff area.Gets you to the airport in 3-4 hours and travel through the night. Here is a screenshot of tonight’s times and fares.Good luck on whatever you choose.

73D813E8-DB62-4F79-84AB-CBC3D6F56462.jpeg

Edited by Gaztop08

5 hours ago, Jenkinsby said:

All times Uk times. 
Traveling from Cardiff to Heathrow at midnight, wheels up 3pm on 4th November (tomorrow).

Because of work commitments I've just had my pcr 10am today. DAM health guaranteed the result by midnight when I paid for the test, but the nurse at the centre looked very dubious that it would be back before midnight and said the early hours was more likely. Also I've read a ton of reviews saying that people didn't get their results for much much longer, although some did. 

I see my options are:-

travel to Heathrow later, 5am or something. 
Travel at midnight regardless of result, if it comes though on my phone I'll need to find somewhere in Heathrow to print it. 

Another option is that if it doesn't come through at all, I can get a rapid test at Heathrow somewhere. 

Is this trip in trouble? Are there simple solutions that make it belt and bracers safe. 

I've never flown from Heathrow so I'm not familiar with the facilities. 

I'll be driving at Heathrow at 5am, so I'll have a lot of time to pull off a save if there are viable moves to make. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Mods, could you please put this in an appropriate section where it'll be seen if this isn't the one.

Thanks. 

If the coach option does interest you.The coach does go on after drop off at terminals 2 and 3 and next stop is terminal 5.At the terminal 2 and 3( central bus station)drop off only a 10-15 minute walk to check in desks.

2 hours ago, Pattiaman said:

letter of acceptance for my quarantine hotel.

Letter of acceptance? I have the "prepaid sha plus hotel confirmation", and the Agoda receipts. Will that do the job? 

Edited by Jenkinsby

45 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

I’ve flown from Heathrow many times.Its a very big airport but I've never felt it was too big and worried about getting lost there.Always found it well signposted for all the different terminals.

It doesn’t sound like you will need to travel between terminals but if you did it is quite easy.Here’s a link

https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airport/airport-maps/travel-between-terminals

If you are sweating on getting your result back in time.My choice would be to be at the airport much earlier and wait for result there.There will probably be a lot more choices of getting printout or getting another quick test at the airport and most of your travel to airport would be done.

I think you mentioned about driving up there?.Ive always used National express from the Cardiff area.Gets you to the airport in 3-4 hours and travel through the night. Here is a screenshot of tonight’s times and fares.Good luck on whatever you choose.

73D813E8-DB62-4F79-84AB-CBC3D6F56462.jpeg

Thank you, it was a typo. It auto corrected arriving to driving. I'm on the 0145 bus because that's the lift I can get into Cardiff. 

18 minutes ago, Jenkinsby said:

Letter of acceptance? I have the "prepaid sha plus hotel confirmation", and the Agoda receipts. Will that do the job? 

you have a CoE (or Thailand Pass), right? 

assuming yes, then the hotel confirmation is fine (together with all other documents)

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I am flying out on a Sunday. Just wondering will a test done on the Friday before be okay. It says 72 hrs before flying.

just worried that it needs to be 72 hrs before arriving in Thailand. 

anyone know ?

41 minutes ago, Basil1801 said:

I am flying out on a Sunday. Just wondering will a test done on the Friday before be okay. It says 72 hrs before flying.

just worried that it needs to be 72 hrs before arriving in Thailand. 

anyone know ?

Time from departure not arrival. you are fine as long as you test negative and it's the RT-PCR test.

Panic over. My test just came through 1915 UK time. Negative. 

Thanks for the contributions.

I'll have to leave some positive feedback on the DAM health reviews to help people make informed decisions. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Jenkinsby said:

Panic over. My test just came through 1915 UK time. Negative. 

Thanks for the contributions.

I'll have to leave some positive feedback on the DAM health reviews to help people make informed decisions. 

I hope everything goes smoothly.

If you don’t mind me saying, reading your various posts through this process, you really are in dire need of a blow job. Hopefully, in a couple of days :)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Oh man, that is my biggest laugh this week Davidge, classic!

I understand the man's stress, I'm stressed enough just deciding to buy the plane ticket or not, god knows what I will be like when I have to take on the Thailand pass system, wait for the negative test etc. I think I will go for the four hand massage and simultaneous blow job to ease and soothe the nerves the morning after the first 24 hours :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

42 minutes ago, Stokielad said:

Oh man, that is my biggest laugh this week Davidge, classic!

I understand the man's stress, I'm stressed enough just deciding to buy the plane ticket or not, god knows what I will be like when I have to take on the Thailand pass system, wait for the negative test etc. I think I will go for the four hand massage and simultaneous blow job to ease and soothe the nerves the morning after the first 24 hours :)

Theres a plan

Do you need the special quarantine hotel package with the airport pickup, covid test and meals included? These have doubled in price on Agoda in the last 48hrs with the cheapest now running nearly £200 for a one night stay. Or could you book a cheaper Sha hotel like an Ibis for far less money and make your own way (taxi) to the hotel and organise my own PCR test on arrival after ariving? I am debating over a trip to Thailand for a month or a month in Brazil where there is far less covid bureaucracy and a simple cheap antigen test will get me into Sao Paulo. The Thai covid measures are almost as expensive as the ticket if the package is required. 

20 minutes ago, Winthorp said:

Do you need the special quarantine hotel package with the airport pickup, covid test and meals included? These have doubled in price on Agoda in the last 48hrs with the cheapest now running nearly £200 for a one night stay. Or could you book a cheaper Sha hotel like an Ibis for far less money and make your own way (taxi) to the hotel and organise my own PCR test on arrival after ariving? I am debating over a trip to Thailand for a month or a month in Brazil where there is far less covid bureaucracy and a simple cheap antigen test will get me into Sao Paulo. The Thai covid measures are almost as expensive as the ticket if the package is required. 

you need a all-in-one package done by the hotel (includes pcr test, 1 night stay, hotel transfer and meals in the hotel). you can find it from as little as 4000 thb all included. 

see the ASQ thread on here. 

you will also find dozens of thread that give you a detailed step by step process that explains everything in great details.

this one for example covers a ton of info in the opening post and has also quite a few ASQ packages (it's in the advanced forum, but accessible for you):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Going on holiday used to be an enjoyable experience.:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Going on holiday used to be an enjoyable experience.:rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to my trip in Jan 2022

2 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

I'm really looking forward to my trip in Jan 2022

Well i genuinely hope everything goes smoothly and hassle free, and im sure you`ll have done your homework and will be prepared, just remember... 'fail to prepare, prepare to fail'.:wink:

Edited by vimto66
  • Thanks 1