IGNORED

Wife's visa expiry date fast approaching.

Dean

Hi all,

Little background, Wife was eventually granted a 2 year visa after a tribunal in uk. Good news...Last year life was rosy, we had a baby on the way and were talking about my wife going to to the life in the uk test... after our son was born, somebody pressed the fast forward key... After spending most of late 2008 going back and forth to hospital and christmas and new year in a hospice our son is unfortunatly no longer with us.

So now were having to deal with sorting out my wifes visa... What is the best way to go? my wife has alot of land in her name back home..so really isnt keen on the british citizenship thing... she has never worked in uk... she lives on money from me... has her own bank/savings account etc.. Can we get an extension on her visa?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... we had a shit end to 2008 and a worse start to 2009. Hope we have some good fortune soon.

Best regards

Dean p_up.gifp_report.gif

Scars are a reminder that the past was Real!

Dean my Friend go for British citizenship then she can go back and forth from the UK to Thailand and also any were else you may wish to travel.My ex wife has land in Thailand and the house that we built together .she has a Thai passport and English one .And we are still great Friends .So its like dual citizenship if she wants to work she can but she has freedom of choice because she is married to you.Any more info give me a bell or come on round for a beer or two

cheers Chris :o

Wriggley Tin 1

Dean my Friend go for British citizenship then she can go back and forth from the UK to Thailand and also any were else you may wish to travel.My ex wife has land in Thailand and the house that we built together .she has a Thai passport and English one .And we are still great Friends .So its like dual citizenship if she wants to work she can but she has freedom of choice because she is married to you.Any more info give me a bell or come on round for a beer or two

cheers Chris :o

Hi Buddy

not sure we have the time??Also Wats is worried about taking an exam..dammed if we do dammed if we dont??

Dean

p.s

will have to meet up soon Chris.. going to LOS for a few weeks on 25th so when i get back we can arrange something..

Scars are a reminder that the past was Real!

My wife took the Life in the UK test and passed first time, it was very easy she said. She did read the book about 5 times though. The questions are multiple choice and there are some practice tests online if you search for them.

As long as you can provide proof that you have been together for the full 2 years and have 6 letters named to both of you at the same address, it used to be 20, you can apply for the visa and there shouldnt be any problems.

I really hope it all works out well for you and my condolences on your tragic loss.