IGNORED

Phuket to BKK

keltix

People that went to Phuket sandbox and then forward to bangkok how did you get to bangkok after the sandbox.

The best option I saw was plane but I dont really want to book in advance and I am wondering if it is easy to get it last minute.
I really dont want to spend 14h drive on a bus or something like that.

Edited by keltix

2 hours ago, keltix said:

People that went to Phuket sandbox and then forward to bangkok how did you get to bangkok after the sandbox.

The best option I saw was plane but I dont really want to book in advance and I am wondering if it is easy to get it last minute.
I really dont want to spend 14h drive on a bus or something like that.

you can book a plane as last minute as you want. there are like 40 daily flights from Phuket to bangkok (bkk or dmk) from nearly every low cost carrier. 

thai airways, bangkok air, air asia, vietjet air, nok air and i'm sure a few more.

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

There used to be quite a few travel agents around Patong to book flights and would obviously organise mini bus to airport.Not sure if many of them would be open now though.

How certain is your schedule? If you book in advance,  there is a savings. Bought my ticket 3 weeks in advance,  costs 1000 baht. Look again last week, one week before fly date, costs 1400 baht. YMMV.

I probably should have waited, but I bought my ticket today for November 11.

I went with Thai (but serviced by Thai Smile) to get the minimal United miles.

1280 baht, so cheap ($38 USD), but my excess luggage will probably double that. 

Thai Smile does not allow you to pre-pay for excess luggage online (a fact that I didn't learn until AFTER I bought the damn ticket! 555). They charge 70 baht per kg over 20 kg. I expect to be 10-15 kg over, but possibly more.

I just need to remember to get to the airport early to take care of that nonsense. Booked an 11:30 a.m. flight, so I hope my "release" documentation from the hotel doesn't take too long.

How long is the drive from Patong to Phuket airport?

3 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Thai Smile does not allow you to pre-pay for excess luggage online (a fact that I didn't learn until AFTER I bought the damn ticket! 555). They charge 70 baht per kg over 20 kg. I expect to be 10-15 kg over, but possibly more.

I just need to remember to get to the airport early to take care of that nonsense. Booked an 11:30 a.m. flight, so I hope my "release" documentation from the hotel doesn't take too long.

should be about 45 minutes 

10 minutes ago, HimBadMan said:

should be about 45 minutes 

To clarify, the drive to the airport or the time to get the release documentation?

I'm assuming the drive.

8 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

To clarify, the drive to the airport or the time to get the release documentation?

I'm assuming the drive.

ah sorry.  yes, the drive.   the aiport is shit (domestic term).  but they do have a priority pass lounge.  it sucks.  but it's better than the sitting in terminal. 

when I did my two asqs I got my release letter when I. checked out.  once at 6am.  just tell them u have a flight to catch and the time u will check out and they will have it ready for you 

Edited by HimBadMan
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, keltix said:

wow I did not realise there is so many flights, no worries then

skyscanner.com

has timetable and prices for flights worldwide including Phuket (HKT) - Bangkok (BKK, Suvarnabhumi and DMK Don Muang).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I've started using Thai Smile, as they fly to BKK, rather than DMK as most of the LCC's do. If going in to Bangkok, you can just get the airport train into town, & taxi's to Pattaya are cheaper & a lot quicker, than from DMK

I would imagine all the LCC's charge a fair bit extra for excess luggage, just as normal airlines do

I've always allowed 1hr to get to the airport from Patong, Karon, Kata etc, just in case. I always like to allow extra time for anything, much less stressful

I booked Nok Air through DMK because I want to spend about 3 days in Bangkok before return to Pattaya.

It seems easier for me to go from DMK to Asoke versus BKK to Asoke.

Just my feeling unsure actually.

Many flights to bkk but many cancelled too. Today mid-day flight departure board from HKT. It was between ThaiSmile and Nok Air for me. Choose wisely gentlemen (naw, just lucky :-)))

20211002_113102.jpg

That is the difficulty. There are many flights offered and you can book. No one can say whether the flight will actually take place, especially in november. The problem is that you then run after your money. Often it is lost.

In the current situation it only makes sense to book last minute.

On fligtradar you can also see which flights actually works.

Phuket Domestic flights in October:

image.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”