IGNORED

Emirates Gatwick-Bangkok

brownmanc

Hopefully that means Emirates will put more flights on the BKK - DXB leg soon, as just 2 a day is far less than what they used to have

Emirates are desperate to get people flying again…… south East Asian routes were always particularly profitable for them  (apparently Manila especially)….. so hopefully they’ll put pressure on governments behind the scenes 

• 1 month later...

Big demand with bookings so Emirates will operate A380 from 10th Dec 21 ex Gatwick

Not sure how desperate Emirates are, their prices are a solid £200+ more than their middle east rivals for flights from the UK. Flights from Manchester to Bangkok consistently over £900.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

I haven’t looked recently but in my searches previously from Heathrow,Emirates always looked competitive.

I paid £505 just last week for Emirates NCL-BKK, flying on 5th Jan, back late Feb

Cheapest price I've paid since I started going 10 years ago

Because of terrible connection times on way back, I did look at flights out of London, Manchester etc as well for comparison, all around the same price, £500-£550

Still only 2 Emirates flights a day returning BKK-DXB, even in Jan & Feb 2022

• Like 1

I see Emirates have changed in the last 48hrs, my flight DXB-BKK to a A380 from a 777, hopefully a sign of increased demand, which will lead to additional flights on the route,  fingers crossed

5 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

I see Emirates have changed in the last 48hrs, my flight DXB-BKK to a A380 from a 777, hopefully a sign of increased demand, which will lead to additional flights on the route,  fingers crossed

I had a December flight with Emirates out of Newcastle booked months ago, once they restarted the service I noted the change in flight times from afternoon to evening hence crap connection times, so I rescheduled via Heathrow.

These days I pay the extra for 'flexible' tickets, crazy times we are living through, my December flight was originally scheduled for March last year having booked it in 2019.

The connection time going out now NCL-BKK is back to normal (from mid-Dec I think ),  but currently a 9hr transit in Dubai on the way back

I am hoping for a extra flight BKK-DXB to be added before my return in late Feb 2022, to shorten the transit time

I looked at flying back to elsewhere in the UK to reduce transit time in Dubai, but if I did, it wouldn't mean getting home any earlier anyway