IGNORED

I need your help! Best burgers, fish n chips, breakfasts, etc!

HPickedPatts

Hi all,

I'm about to do some research for a few articles I'm writing about various food joints in Patts. I plan on hunting down and finding the 'best of' for each of the following categories,

- Breakfasts, brunches, eggs benedicts, full-english breakfasts, brekkies in Jomtien, pancakes

- Burgers

- Fish n Chips

- Roast dinners

- Cafes (in general)

- Joints for afternoon tea?

- Best western restaurants

I've been here a while and have my own opinions about most of these but I'd love to hear what you guys think. If you can give me any tips for places to try in any of the above categories, I'd much appreciate it! 

Edited by HPickedPatts

Nothing from me, if you can't be bothered to do any of your own research for your 'articles' why should we assist you in selling your articles?

Plenty of forum info on here wrt eating in Pattaya, have you bothered to look?

Good luck.

Edited by Petesie

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

39 minutes ago, Petesie said:

Nothing from me, if you can't be bothered to do any of your own research for your 'articles' why should we assist you in selling your articles?

Plenty of forum info on here wrt eating in Pattaya, have you bothered to look?

Good luck.

I have done pretty extensive research as I said, I have my preferences. But I simply can't eat every type of food at every cafe or restaurant. There's going to be hidden gems that I've completely missed.

My plan is to create a hitlist of places to try for myself that I've not yet experienced, based on the suggestions of others.

I want to make sure I don't miss those gems that I've not yet experienced. And then once they're recommended to me, I can check them out myself.

If I have to I'll happily pour through all the dated threads to find some suggestions.

Cheers!

Edited by HPickedPatts

4 minutes ago, HPickedPatts said:

If I have to I'll happily pour through all the dated threads to find some suggestions.

Goodo then.

• Haha 1

If you find a place that serves real Kung Pao chicken with peanuts, please let me know.  :D

Amari tower has one of the best breakfasts I have seen in Pattaya.  Their grilled tomatoes are to die for.  That might sound weird but it is what it is.  Spend the money and try it.  

1 hour ago, Petesie said:

if you can't be bothered to do any of your own research for your 'articles' why should we assist you

Hi Petesie I see nothing wrong with asking for assistance. After all an imortant objective of the Board is to share information.  I would like to know thw best burger alce at resent not in 2019!

By the way - how is the guitar collection surviving the pandemic? 

• Like 3

I always eat at Malee House on Soi Lengkee when I am in town.  They have an extensive menu. My favorite is their sour soup with Acacia omelet.image.thumb.png.043cc29ab39b7c779e040f40cdb26854.png

Edited by forqalso

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

You can do you research right here in this part of the forum as there are already threads titled Best Breakfast, Best Sunday Carvery, Best Fish and Chips, Best Pizza, Best Burgers, etc. 

• Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

37 minutes ago, hatguy said:

Amari tower has one of the best breakfasts I have seen in Pattaya.  Their grilled tomatoes are to die for.  That might sound weird but it is what it is.  Spend the money and try it.  

Oh that's awesome. I'll put it on the list for sure! Cheers

35 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Hi Petesie I see nothing wrong with asking for assistance. After all an imortant objective of the Board is to share information.  I would like to know thw best burger alce at resent not in 2019!

I intend on producing the most comprehensive list of best burgers you've ever seen!

23 minutes ago, forqalso said:

I always eat at Malee House on Soi Lengkee when I am in town.  They have an extensive menu. My favorite is their sour soup with Acacia omelet.image.thumb.png.043cc29ab39b7c779e040f40cdb26854.png

Oh nice, I presume this is mostly Thai food joint yeah?

1 minute ago, likeaking said:

You can do you research right here in this part of the forum as there are already threads titled Best Breakfast, Best Sunday Carvery, Best Fish and Chips, Best Pizza, Best Burgers, etc. 

Yeah good point mate. It was lazy of me not to check it.

I'll go back through these threads now to gather info for my shortlists. Cheers.

But if anyone else has any suggestions, I'd still love to hear them!

37 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Hi Petesie I see nothing wrong with asking for assistance................................ 

I thought the same at first, but on seeing the OP's other posts it did strike me that he is just looking for an easy way to harvest info' for his forthcoming publication, rather than for an individual BM.

Whether the publication is for gain or not, I agree with @Petesie that's how it looks.

The OP is getting a bit of flack for not doing a search on previous threads. 

But places that were recommended 6 or 12 months ago on here, may of been great then, but because of change of ownership or chef, today are now crap, or could even have closed down ( I can think of a few ). So don't think it does any harm to get an update, on the current situation.

Edited by Syco

50 minutes ago, eXplosief said:

wait with research/article until after tourists return. 

With restuarants there is constant change, so regular updates are very useful.

2 hours ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Totally agree bud however the OP used a scattergun approach on many subjects across the forum which led me to believe we're being milked for info for further use by the OP. It's not outright spam but while we normally happily share information with each other I get the impression that this is not his intent & will be a cut 'n paste plagiarism by the OP for use elsewhere. :o

The guitar collection has shifted slightly with some coming & some going!

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Syco said:

...........But places that were recommended 6 or 12 months ago on here, may of been great then, but because of change of ownership or chef, today are now crap, or could even have closed down ( I can think of a few ). So don't think it does any harm to get an update, on the current situation.

I agree with what you've said, but it depends how you search the board.

There's nothing wrong with long established threads if they are living/ongoing threads and you only look at recent posts.

The Search function is much improved these days.

Edit - For example, the FnC thread I just posted in started with Jolly Friar at the top of the heap, but it turned to crap and then closed. Recent posts have up to date info'.

Edited by Edge

10 hours ago, HPickedPatts said:

Oh nice, I presume this is mostly Thai food joint yeah?

I think it may be Malaysian, but its menu is varied, with international dishes.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

1 minute ago, forqalso said:

I think it may be Malaysian, but its menu is varied, with international dishes.

Fk I'd be pretty flat out if I had intentions to review Asian food around the joint. But I'll remember to check it out next time I'm visiting my Soi Lengkee teerak!

In response to everyone regarding my lack of research before posting,

Yeah I'll fully admit it was slack of me to not even check beforehand.

I can assure you any information you guys are willing to share with me will firstly be vetted by myself personally (I'm literally going to eat at every restaurant suggestion in each of the categories posted in here) and of course I'll be sharing my findings and crediting those who suggested winners!

I went and did a search not long ago and was pretty disappointed with the results. I found only 1 thread on fish n chips which was seriously out of date. Nonetheless I scraped together a couple of restaurants from that thread which are now on my FnCs shortlist.

I couldn't locate any breakfast or other dinner suggestions via the search function at all. Possibly I'm just retarded.

The Breakfast Club Pattaya FB group will be a better place for me to ask for most of this stuff anyway, but I figured since I've joined PA now I may as well see what you guys think.

Cheers and apologies for my spammy looking entry!

Edited by HPickedPatts

31 minutes ago, HPickedPatts said:

In response to everyone regarding my lack of research before posting,

Yeah I'll fully admit it was slack of me to not even check beforehand.

I can assure you any information you guys are willing to share with me will firstly be vetted by myself personally (I'm literally going to eat at every restaurant suggestion in each of the categories posted in here) and of course I'll be sharing my findings and crediting those who suggested winners!

I went and did a search not long ago and was pretty disappointed with the results. I found only 1 thread on fish n chips which was seriously out of date. Nonetheless I scraped together a couple of restaurants from that thread which are now on my FnCs shortlist.

I couldn't locate any breakfast or other dinner suggestions via the search function at all. Possibly I'm just retarded.

I checked, there's plenty of info to be found on this particular food forum with the search engine. Try using "best" before any food item. 

Edited by likeaking
  • Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

4 minutes ago, likeaking said:

I checked, there's plenty of info to be found on this particular forum with the search engine. Try using "best" before any food item. 

After searching the entire forum for the term 'best breakfast' in the title, I looked through 3 pages of results before concluding that the most relevant thread was titled 'best deepthroat'.

Jokes aside, I could really only find a couple threads discussing a couple restaurant specific breakfast specials. 

I'll do some more digging tomorrow though. :)

I will try to help you:

Best brekky I have had recently is the 99B special at RHT, quality ingredients. Tropicals on Darkside also do a decent choice with good quality ingredients. Also like Route 66 by the lake.

Just Burger way down Jomtiem beach road have decent burgers.

Caddyshack, RHT and W/spoons for F & C

Sunday roasts in RHT, Sportsman, Caddyshack, Bang Na Garden and Welcome Inn all good

My favorite coffee shop right now is Co and Caffe on Prattanmak Soi 4. 

Afternoon tea joints, not a clue.

Western food, all above.

11 hours ago, jimboh said:

I will try to help you:

Best brekky I have had recently is the 99B special at RHT, quality ingredients. Tropicals on Darkside also do a decent choice with good quality ingredients. Also like Route 66 by the lake.

Just Burger way down Jomtiem beach road have decent burgers.

Caddyshack, RHT and W/spoons for F & C

Sunday roasts in RHT, Sportsman, Caddyshack, Bang Na Garden and Welcome Inn all good

My favorite coffee shop right now is Co and Caffe on Prattanmak Soi 4. 

Afternoon tea joints, not a clue.

Western food, all above.

Thanks so much mate. This has given me some good places to try.

But fk me if the best coffee shop we can come up with is co&caffe we've got big problems people!! 😆

My favorite latte/coffee is served at Bake n Brew Soi Excite Pattaya. In Jomtien both Branch Coffee Jomtien Beach Rd locations.