IGNORED

Driver’s license renewals officially allowed at Thai Transport offices nationwide with pre-booking, starting in September

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

National – Thailand’s Department of Land Transport now has opened the renewal of driver’s licenses without in-office training but must require advance booking online, starting in September. The booking must be done via the DLT Smart Queue application or https://gecc.dlt.go.th to limit the number of people who receive services per day and to reduce the risk of spreading […]

Driver’s license renewals officially allowed at Thai Transport offices nationwide with pre-booking, starting in September
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

20 minutes ago, asiamonger said:

unfortunally not possible for farang as long as you not have a valid Thai ID card.

That is exactly what I have found. I am unable to use the Smart queue app. It has a place to enter a passport number - but it will not allow access to it. Thai ID card only.

Has anyone renewed recently - if so, how did you get an appointment?

Supporting Thai ladies donation by donation.

The format for the number on a pink ID card is supposed to mimic the Thai ID card. I wonder if that would work. 

Failing that, perhaps a good use for one of the agencies that do licenses in addition to visas. 

I also tried this App this morning by putting in the number on my Thai ID card (Pink Card) which I got when I applied for a Yellow Book. It wouldn’t accept the number so maybe the App isn’t working.

I also tried putting in my passport number but it wouldn’t let you do that either.

6 hours ago, scocia said:

I also tried this App this morning by putting in the number on my Thai ID card (Pink Card) which I got when I applied for a Yellow Book. It wouldn’t accept the number so maybe the App isn’t working.

Looking at my pink card there are two different numbers on it, an eleven digit number under my photo and a thirteen digit number at the top of the card. Did you use the thirteen digit number? Looking at my partner's card, her Thai ID uses a thirteen digit number. It also would not be surprised if the app was coded so the spaces matter. They shouldn't, but it also would not surprise me. 🙂

21 hours ago, Garzan said:

The format for the number on a pink ID card is supposed to mimic the Thai ID card. I wonder if that would work. 

Failing that, perhaps a good use for one of the agencies that do licenses in addition to visas. 

I have inquired at a couple of places to replace my 2 x 5yr licences... Anything from 3500 up ! I do not mind paying for services but that's taking the piss.... And I still have to add the Residences certificates to that price... 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

And I still have to add the Residences certificates to that price... 

It's questionable about the value of a pink ID card. I'm glad I got it, but there isn't a whole lot of concrete value I can associate with it. Having a yellow book for where you live, that has concrete value every time you would need to get a Residence Certificate from Immigration and don't need to spend that money by show a Yellow Book copy. I've used mine for several license renewals, and vehicle purchases. 

I remember BM Furryman getting his in Nong Prue; no wife, in a rental apartment on the darkside.