Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Details on proposed Pattaya “reopening” plan in October, other areas also proposed by Tourism Authority

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

National – Four more areas, namely Chiang Khan, Koh Kood, Koh Chang, and Koh Samet, are approved in principle to be added to the list of pilot areas under Thailand’s reopening plan within 120 days, according to the approval of the ministers at an online conference yesterday, September 1st. Additionally, more details of the proposed and […]

Details on proposed Pattaya “reopening” plan in October, other areas also proposed by Tourism Authority
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

So at the moment with or without a vaccine you can do 14 days ASQ (in Bangkok or Pattaya) then go anywhere in Pattaya or the rest of Thailand. Under the proposal new arrivals will HAVE to be vaccinated before being allowed to travel to Thailand, then confined to there hotel or resort for the first 7 days (so the same as ASQ) then have a very limited choice of where they can go for the next 7 days. Also under ASQ your PCR tests are included in the hotel booking. Doesn't sound like a step forwards to me.

I am also concerned that no-one already in Thailand will be able to travel to these bubble seal areas (e.g. Koh Chang, Koh Samet)) without yet another PCR test, whereas I think at the moment you can. I was planning to go to both of these in the next few weeks, best I do it before they become sealed bubbles.

This quote from the Mayor, makes it look like no bars open until Jan 22.

As for a true no quarantine style “reopening” to vaccinated foreign tourists with all sectors of business fully open this is unlikely to happen until at least January 2022,

I wish they would make it only 7 days confinement total and also allow antigenic test instead of PCR if you're fully vaccinated, but sadly they can't while also pretending a single dose of AZ means vaccinated, and they can't stop that without banning the thais from travelling in their own country while foreigners can.

I think the first few months will still be a mess, hopefully early 2022 they should have caught up a bit in vaccination rate. 

3 minutes ago, Syco said:

As for a true no quarantine style “reopening” to vaccinated foreign tourists with all sectors of business fully open this is unlikely to happen until at least January 2022,

I know the Russian and Chinese (as well as national Thai travellers) were always a different kind of customers, but they will have a hard time getting westerns, koreans, ... in Pattaya without the bars. If you go for the sun, the spas and the beach, pretty much every other major tourist town on the coast is better. 

15 minutes ago, Syco said:

And also one who has no authority regarding open or closing the bars at all !!!

6 minutes ago, h.harris said:

And also one who has no authority regarding open or closing the bars at all !!!

Would anyone be really surprised if the bars didn't open up until at least Jan 22. Bars get blamed for super spreading the virus , so they are always the first to be closed, and the last to open up again.