IGNORED

Thailand’s Covid-19 Center approves some lockdown easing measures in maximum control provinces, effective in September

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

National – The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) this afternoon, August 27th, has approved some easing of Covid-19 lockdown measures in 29 maximum control (dark red) provinces, including Bangkok and Chonburi, effective from September 1st. Despite the fact that the color-coded zones in all provinces nationwide remain the same, there are a few lifted […]

Thailand’s Covid-19 Center approves some lockdown easing measures in maximum control provinces, effective in September
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

So many questions. I know we have to wait for answers still.

1. Are they opening Gyms again or not? Unclear.

2. What is this green card they're talking about as proof of vaccination?

3. Did I read restaurants can't run air conditioning?

3. You can take one of those rapid antigen tests and then be allowed in places for one week? I think I saw them selling the tests for 400 baht.

Anything I'm missing or more detail y'all have at this point?

1 hour ago, cohend386 said:

3. You can take one of those rapid antigen tests and then be allowed in places for one week? I think I saw them selling the tests for 400 baht.

Anything I'm missing or more detail y'all have at this point?

I can confirm ATK costs 350 baht, I saw them in a random pharmacy, so guess they are available many places.

There's an issue with proving you have been tested correctly with such a device. Maybe a doctor or someone trustworthy will have to be involved.  Bar girls should diversify to become ATK testers.

Its not going to be you buying an ATK and saying you tested negative to a MacDonalds dine-in waiter. 

2 hours ago, cohend386 said:

2. What is this green card they're talking about as proof of vaccination?

From what I heard there is no actual green card. Once fully vaccinated you can register that in the Mor Prom app. This can be used to show you're vaccinated. 

But from what I understand that part has not been worked out yet and will most likely only come into effect later.

2 hours ago, cohend386 said:

1. Are they opening gyms again or not? Unclear.

Gyms being closed are a governors decision I think. Not a national mandate. Same goes for things like beaches.

They've opened the door slightly but I see no glimmer of light as there's as usual a big 'but' involved and unobtainable hoops to jump through.

High Risk Venues;  No idea who came up with that nugget, all customers & staff must be fully vaccinated or have a negative anti-gen test. Have they any idea how difficult it is to actually get vaccinated be it Farang or a waitress under 40? This is unmanageable scenario & a burden on the restaurant & potential customers. Tying the 'no alcohol' to your evening meal is ridiculous. 

The only good thing I can glean from it all is that I might be able to take the dog for a walk around the lake. Leaving the beach decision up to local government is a cop out. Swimming pools are interpreted by local management in condo's & housing estates as 'not allowed', even previously when they said it was up to the village management.

They consistently fail to come up with a clear path through this beaurocratic quagmire. 

Not much changed then...:SteamingMad:

• Like 1

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, rog555 said:

I can confirm ATK costs 350 baht, I saw them in a random pharmacy, so guess they are available many places.

There's an issue with proving you have been tested correctly with such a device. Maybe a doctor or someone trustworthy will have to be involved.  Bar girls should diversify to become ATK testers.

Its not going to be you buying an ATK and saying you tested negative to a MacDonalds dine-in waiter. 

Interesting.

I might be ok to spend 350 on such a device to roam around restaurants for a week

However, if I can't operate it myself and it has to be done by a doctor or a pharmacist then I would not take the risk to test positive in front of them and then be taken to some quarantine facility for 2 weeks at my expenses.

Edited by KhunChang

8 minutes ago, KhunChang said:

Interesting.

I might be ok to spend 350 on such a device to roam around restaurants for a week

However, if I can't operate it myself and it has to be done by a doctor or a pharmacist then I would not take the risk to test positive in front of them and then be taken to some quarantine facility for 2 weeks at my expenses.

ATK stands for At Home Test Kit, pretty sure it can be done at home pretty easily. What I don't get is how they'll know it was you that took it and that it was recent etc... This whole plan just seems convoluted and dumb.

53 minutes ago, eXplosief said:

From what I heard there is no actual green card. Once fully vaccinated you can register that in the Mor Prom app. This can be used to show you're vaccinated. 

But from what I understand that part has not been worked out yet and will most likely only come into effect later.

Can you register your vaccination in the Mor Prom app if your vaccination was carried out in another country before you came to Thailand, i.e. will the app recognise a foreign vaccination certification?

1 hour ago, shagwell said:

Can you register your vaccination in the Mor Prom app if your vaccination was carried out in another country before you came to Thailand, i.e. will the app recognise a foreign vaccination certification?

I'm glad you asked, I was wondering the same thing myself. Having just installed the app to check, in its current state no because you have to have a Thai ID number to be able to register.

Screenshot_20210828-001743.jpg

Screenshot_20210828-001749.jpg

Edited by cohend386

40 minutes ago, cohend386 said:

I'm glad you asked, I was wondering the same thing myself. Having just installed the app to check, in its current state no because you have to have a Thai ID number to be able to register.

Sorry mistake.

Edited by thainet

8 hours ago, cohend386 said:

What they are currently doing with foreigners that get vaccinated in Thailand is that they will assign you a (fake/temporary/1 use only??) Thai ID. 

I can imagine that they will use a similar solution for those vaccinated abroad. Or would that make too much sense.:D