IGNORED

Reader Talkback Results: Would you support a “Covid Pass” for entry to bars, restaurants, nightlife, etc. in Thailand

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The following is our exclusive weekly feature in which we ask our readers a news topical question and then give you a week to answer it on our various channels, compiling a diverse range of answers and opinions to present to you, our valued readers. Here are the results from our last question… Last week, […]

Reader Talkback Results: Would you support a “Covid Pass” for entry to bars, restaurants, nightlife, etc. in Thailand
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Whilst I can't disagree that it's probably a good idea. I do kind of like being able to walk in and out of any bar/club I like with ease. Would be a bit of a pain having to show a covid pass every time. 

I think the reality is... This is something I don't see the bars ever adopting unless the government mandates it 

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!   The minor inconvenience of showing proof of vaccination is SO worth it to me.  It gives me the assurance needed that the establishment I'm about to enter takes my health and safety seriously, and I know that everyone else in the establishment is also vaccinated.  WIN/WIN

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, vivid2 said:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!   The minor inconvenience of showing proof of vaccination is SO worth it to me.  It gives me the assurance needed that the establishment I'm about to enter takes my health and safety seriously, and I know that everyone else in the establishment is also vaccinated.  WIN/WIN

I quote you because that is what I would have written.

I simply don't want to mingle in a premise which is lax on the Green Pass checking we have here in the EU. My health and safety, and the ones of responsible people, are important to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The number of people protesting in France and Italy is not actually "huge".  In fact, the number of people in these countries getting vaccinated every day is greater than the number protesting.  Sensationalist reporting.

• Like 1

Yes. I want to go to the gym and also pig out at a buffet while watching the sunset.

Double vaccinated already

It's a fantastic idea, in theory.  These girls get infected by enough plagues already by mongers. 

In practice, I don't see the Thais being able to actively enforce this.  And you'd have to provide a passport, etc.  And knowing the kind of "people" that Pattaya sometimes attracts, I wouldn't put it past such folk to falsify the document out of sheer petulance.  

The unfortunate truth with respect to covid19 is that the floggings will continue until morale improves. 

My ass has been vaxxed for months.  I'd be thrilled if it was so simple, but alas, the ignorant and obstinate make such a theoretical plan untenable.  

"This is why we can't have nice things.

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

@Toto G Lets leave it at that shall we?

image.png

I’m already having to log into the government app here just to get food or enter any shop so this would be a blessing…you actually get in to fun places buy showing your certificate….done…I’m in.

it’s one thing to tell people to go get vaxed but to offer benefits (other than life) to people who are vaxed  will certainly lengthen the queues and get the percentages up.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keepitfun said:

I’m already having to log into the government app here just to get food or enter any shop so this would be a blessing…you actually get in to fun places buy showing your certificate….done…I’m in.

That's such an important point.  We're all walking around with phones with all of our personal data, including credit cards, photos, passports, visas, insurance, banking, investments, etc.  Yet we aim them at bar code readers many times a day, and we tap point of purchase readers, etc, etc.  Even our boarding passes are on our phones…….so I really don’t get this opposition to showing a code to an electronic reader at the entrance.  All it reveals is that you had the good sense to listen to the smart guys in the room…..the doctors and scientists…..and follow their advice to get vaccinated and protect you from this horrible virus…..nothing more.

• Like 3

My opinion is complicated and I pre-apologize if I am not clear.

I believe that when living in a society you should do what it takes to protect that society. 

If the best thing to do is require a vaccine with proof then I am think that we should have them.  I think that some places already require this type of thing for some diseases.  I know that I have received many vaccinations in my life and some of them were required for me to attend school as an example.

But, I think that covid-19 doesn't care anymore and vaccinated people can still get sick although usually not as sick as unvaccinated.  That makes it more complicated.  If the choice is to require vaccination and eliminate the disease then I say require it.

But, if we cannot eliminate the disease then we need to decide if there are other reasons to require vaccination such as health care costs.  For example, in a society that has government health care I think that government should require vaccination to reduce costs.  There are probably a lot of other reasons to require vaccination.  Mental health might be another.  Dealing with this disease is causing all of us stress which leads to many other kinds of problems.

tl:dr  With what I know today I think the best path forward is to require vaccination with proof

• Like 2

I'd be all for it if we could get the damned jabs. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, vivid2 said:

That's such an important point.  We're all walking around with phones with all of our personal data, including credit cards, photos, passports, visas, insurance, banking, investments, etc.  Yet we aim them at bar code readers many times a day, and we tap point of purchase readers, etc, etc.  Even our boarding passes are on our phones……

Not all us.

10 hours ago, JamesFerris said:

I wouldn't put it past such folk to falsify the document out of sheer petulance.  

As opposed to having nobody allowed like present?  Of course. 

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

In theory, I'm for this, surely it's socially responsible for an establishment to provide the safest place for staff and customers alike. But there will be problems enforcing it, especially in Pattaya .  First I can see arguments happening on the door, which may well result in violence - and we all know that when you start attacking a Thai doorman/woman all hell breaks loose. Then of course there's the Thai phrase "Do You Know Who I Am ?"  and the (in)famous Thai pass time of bribery, if one person gets through the door with either of those (and we know full well they will !) then the policy is useless.  So Yes,  a good idea, doomed to failure !

This is the only way forward, at least in the short term. It might also get some incentive to get people vaccinated. But of course if no one then checks those passes then all is for nothing.