IGNORED

Twenty-one people arrested in Soi Buakhao area for allegedly gathering, drinking alcohol, and breaking Covid-19 rules

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Pattaya, Thailand-   A total of twenty-one people were arrested tonight in Central Pattaya for allegedly breaking current laws and orders designed to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus, according to officials with the Pattaya Police. The incident took place just before 9:00 P.M. on Soi Buakhao in front of the Tree Town Market […]

Twenty-one people arrested in Soi Buakhao area for allegedly gathering, drinking alcohol, and breaking Covid-19 rules
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

• Like 3

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Dirty farang...  Did they think they were hiso's?  Only hiso's can do...  Jail time for them...  Much easier to catch covid there...

Edited by Saddic
  • Haha 2

Just saw the article - drinking in front of the tree town market may be seen as provacative, perhaps a little too blatant.

Hoping none of the bms were involved. Given the slow news day, need to show the bib are "tough on crime", the fact most were farangs, and a (likely) shortage of tea money this may go very badly for those involved.

Stay safe.

it was only a matter of time. thing is it's the weekend as far as courts are concerned

• Like 3

I was wondering how long it would take for some shit to hit the fan. The group of farangs there was growing in size. They sat on the (high curb), or stood and talked to each other in close proximity. Almost all didn't wear masks. Some were blatantly drinking alcohol. 

There are also farangs sitting and gathering on the boardwalk on the beach opposite Mike's mall. That one isn't quite as big and blatant. Maybe this will knock some sense into those, and they'll stop their behavior there. 

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with "tea money" if anything the police have been lenient! They got what they deserved!

There are and for awhile any given evening been many falang & at times TG sitting in that area and adjacent areas!

Bottom line they were blatantly defying the decree!

Edited by Rocketboy

I see the maskless ex pats congregate there everyday drinking in the same spot. Iv'e always wondered what's so important that they need to break the law to discuss it.

There's an international forum known as the G20, maybe these guys are setting the world to rites , and should be known as the G21.

Edited by Syco

Was there a viral video the night before again?   :Think1:

I think the fact that they were staying out after 9 PM was what really got them nailed...Also the beer drinking sure did not help.....

51 minutes ago, fforest said:

I think the fact that they were staying out after 9 PM was what really got them nailed...Also the beer drinking sure did not help.....

The arrests happened right before 9PM, I have no idea how long they would usually stay there after 9PM but I imagine they didn't rush which is part of why this probably happened. In the video, you see many holding bags with bottles of beer and finished beer cans while in the police station. You also see a few with masks on their chin or under the nose. 

1 hour ago, Edge said:

There's at least one youtuber (probably more) who ride through there filming them all congregating every night that gets 5-6k views.

9 hours ago, HimBadMan said:

lol why do I feel like some BMs probably are the "concerned citizens" who called the police.   

1 hour ago, Edge said:

10 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

The arrests happened right before 9PM, I have no idea how long they would usually stay there after 9PM but I imagine they didn't rush which is part of why this probably happened. In the video, you see many holding bags with bottles of beer and finished beer cans while in the police station. You also see a few with masks on their chin or under the nose. 

There's at least one youtuber (probably more) who ride through there filming them all congregating every night that gets 5-6k views.

So how long before that somebody gets his ribs broken...Again???

The last recent falang get together a few weeks ago, that was busted by the police, the fine for the falangs were 50K per person, and for the Thai females it was 10k per person.

Because the TG were girlfriends of the falangs, the girls made the falang BF's pay the 10K for them.

Info was from the sister of one of the TG that got caught, so could be true.

Edited by Syco

21 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

I don't believe it's that the local BiB don't know what's going on (of course they do) I've seen them riding through with cams themselves, but when these eBeggars post it all over YouTube it inevitably comes to the attention of higher authorities and the locals have to act.

3 minutes ago, Edge said:

I don't believe it's that the local BiB don't know what's going on (of course they do) I've seen them riding through with cams themselves, but when these eBeggars post it all over YouTube it inevitably comes to the attention of higher authorities and the locals have to act.

Or start to take cameras out of the eBeggars hands and toss them down the street.  I don't know what is worse, the eBeggars or the fools that got arrested.  They should consider themselves lucky if they only have to pay a fine and not deal with immigration over their laps of judgment.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I agree completely with the BiB knowing what is going on.   But I have a different take on the when/why they act.  My guess would be that they act when these situations get to a certain level for a couple reasons:

1) The bigger the situation, the more money to be made.   Acting on small situations is much more work for much less pay.

2) It is good PR to act on the larger more blatant situations for two reasons.  It shows the pro-restriction crowd that you are doing your job obviously, but also shows the 'I'm sick of these restrictions' crowd that you can show some tolerance as long as things don't get out of hand. 

1 hour ago, Roadglide said:

Or start to take cameras out of the eBeggars hands and toss them down the street.  I don't know what is worse, the eBeggars or the fools that got arrested.  They should consider themselves lucky if they only have to pay a fine and not deal with immigration over their laps of judgment.

I suspect their dealing with Immigration would only be a financial one same as the BiB.  I don't know why anyone would kick a 'paying customer' out of their country unless this type of behavior is considered serious enough.  I think money is king even (especially?) during a pandemic. 

• Like 1

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

2 hours ago, Syco said:

The last recent falang get together a few weeks ago, that was busted by the police, the fine for the falangs were 50K per person, and for the Thai females it was 10k per person.

Because the TG were girlfriends of the falangs, the girls made the falang BF's pay the 10K for them.

Info was from the sister of one of the TG that got caught, so could be true.

Don't forget they also had to spend the night or maybe all weekend in a crowded jail cell. Plus they now have a black mark on their Thai record. 

Hope it was worth it. 555

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, timbota said:

I agree completely with the BiB knowing what is going on.   But I have a different take on the when/why they act.  My guess would be that they act when these situations get to a certain level for a couple reasons:

1) The bigger the situation, the more money to be made.   Acting on small situations is much more work for much less pay.

Someone else (you?) may know different, but of those punters I know of who've been hauled in so far, any Bail paid has been returned and Fines due paid to the Court.
No sign of it being an earner for the boys on the beat.
In this case the arresting officers were despatched there by their superiors as an operation.

Envelopes being passed for businesses to be allowed to stay open may be a different matter.

5 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

Any difference to this in Bangkok the other day?

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004994

19 people get jail sentence for partying in defiance of emergency

yeah but they all got a suspended sentence as they had no prior criminal record. as long as they stay out of bother 12 months they are good to go apart from the fines