Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Prominent Thai doctor says everyone will eventually catch Covid-19, we need to learn to live with it

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bangkok – Prominent Thai doctor, Manoon Leechawengwongs, urged non-infected people to stop discriminating against Covid-19 Coronavirus cured patients as he believes everyone would eventually be infected, sooner or later. The doctor from Vichaiyut Hospital stated online today, August 19th, that Thailand has an increasing number of covid patients every day. But the other thing that […]

Prominent Thai doctor says everyone will eventually catch Covid-19, we need to learn to live with it
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

If that's the case, then let's open the bars TOMORROW!!

:Insanity:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There does still seem to be a bit of a difference between how a vaccinated person responds to Covid-19 and how an unvaccinated person responds to Covid-19. Personally, I'd still like to see the vaccination percentage go a wee bit higher before we put our nipples to the wind and throw all the doors wide open. 

Then again, I don't drink alcohol, so whether the bar is open or closed by government mandate is not going to have much effect on my patronage of the bar. :-) 

I do tend to agree though. I expect Covid-19 to become a routine seasonal virus. The hope for eradicating the virus I think (without scientific knowledge) that that's a fool's errand. I would like to get to the point where ICU beds are not at a premium though, and and the number of fatalities go down. That will take a higher vaccination percentage. If I still have to wait a bit for my Schweppes Ginger Ale, I'm okay with that. 

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 3

So it is confirmed again:

All the doctors and scientists in the world disagree.

What a mess.

• Like 4

I'm like 'so whats the news here' on reading the quotes of this doctor.  This has been accepted fact in Europe for the last year, with little disagreement on it.  I'm surprised that anyone in Thailand thought otherwise. 

I suppose there is some hope that vaccine 2.0 or 3.0 might prevent 100% of those vaccinated from being infected by covid at all, which would be a gamechanger, but that's not the case yet.

With the current vaccine tools, the "battle against covid" isn't a battle that can be won.  There is however quite a bit of benefit in only losing it slowly.

36 minutes ago, Garzan said:

There does still seem to be a bit of a difference between how a vaccinated person responds to Covid-19 and how an unvaccinated person responds to Covid-19. 

Of course there's a difference.  The vaccinated ones are very unlikely to get serious covid - in effect vaccine turns almost all those vaccinated into young people. [do you mean something different from what you wrote?]

Edited by SirL

23 minutes ago, SirL said:

Of course there's a difference.  The vaccinated ones are very unlikely to get serious covid - in effect vaccine turns almost all those vaccinated into young people. [do you mean something different from what you wrote?]

My meaning was, rather than open all the bars tomorrow, how about we wait a bit to allow a few more people to get vaccinated before we embrace a bunch of mini-spreader and super-spreader events.

• Like 3

Always been my opinion that everyone will catch the virus.

Can not see any government having the guts to admit and plan for that though.

1 hour ago, LASportsNut said:

What a mess.

I kinda agree. I take a different view. I think there has been a lack of leadership during this whole mess. There doesn't seem to be anybody giving a clear global strategy to a global problem.  The WHO has proven to be particularly week and inept. They have refused to give clear direction and delegated the proposed response to individual country leaders.

If the WHO had taken the lead, world leaders could blame the WHO for unpopular decisions, and we would be out of this mess by now.

With their inaction, one of the G8 leaders, should have taken the lead, but all appeared to be weak. Interestingly, the female leaders proved to be far more bold and authoritative, particularly the NZ leader.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo_Bia said:

Always been my opinion that everyone will catch the virus.

Can not see any government having the guts to admit and plan for that though.

That's been openly stated by top political leaders around the EU for the last year.  It would be possible to dig up quotes from Merkel, Macron etc along those lines.  Any leadership not aiming for a zero covid strategy (ie most countries) must by implication accept that everyone will eventually catch it because it will continue to flow around for ever.  It's basically been taken as fact for that time - I'm surprised anyone has thought otherwise.  We will all catch it, but there are sizable health/mortality benefits in slowing the process down, and slowing it down until the cavalry (ie vaccines etc) arrive has been all that's been aimed for for the last year.

That I took it as granted that everyone would eventually catch it (in the absence of 100% effective vaccines, which AIUI have never existed for any disease), has been why I've thought the zero covid strategy has been so pointless for the last year.

Edited by SirL

3 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

What a mess.

I searched for a quote this reminded me of and I could not find it.   Something about it is better that uninformed people disagree than agree.

• Like 1

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

• Harry Brown locked this topic