IGNORED

Cheap Motorbike for sale

GorGuy RIP

I bought it, thinking I would use it as a second bike.

I have not been using it, so it is up for sale.

Yamaha Nouvo SX 125 Automatic

For sale at 16k baht

If anyone you know is interested let me know.

2012 model ( 9 years old )

Tax and insurance until 18th May 2022

Full service done, including new battery, oil change, new filter and everything checked out. 28th July 2021

I have the full documents including green logbook and papers pre-signed to sell.

Bought May 17th 2021 for 13,100 baht

Tax, insurance and test bike  642 baht

New battery and full major service 1150 baht

Beer money for me 1,108 baht

Total 16k baht

Probably the fact you are trying to sell a 9 year old bike which you bought for 13k baht for 16k now 3 months later...normally the rules of depreciation apply to even your motorbikes :)

Just because *you* spent money on it, doesn't mean it is worth more...especially things like insurance.

Anyway, hope you sell it for a mutually agreeable price. All the best.

31 minutes ago, article22 said:

Probably the fact you are trying to sell a 9 year old bike which you bought for 13k baht for 16k now 3 months later...normally the RULES of depreciation apply to even your motorbikes :)

Just because *you* spent money on it, doesn't mean it is worth more...especially things like insurance.

Anyway, hope you sell it for a mutually agreeable price. All the best.

"RULES of depreciation", that's a new one. Anything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Sometimes that's more than the seller paid.  

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

11 minutes ago, likeaking said:

"RULES of depreciation", that's a new one. Anything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Sometimes that's more than the seller paid.  

Very true, but most sellers don't rub it in your face by saying you'll pay me beer money. IMHO The op made a mistake by telling prospective buyers what he paid for the bike just a few months ago. I myself might have been interested, but I'm not giving anybody beer money.

A few years ago I was looking to furnish my newly rented apartment in the Philippines. I wasn't sure if I'd keep it for more than a year so I went to used furniture stores. Low and behold the used items were almost the same price as new. Took me a few beers to accept that perhaps western rules didn't apply here. Looks like maybe Thailand has similar practices.

Having said that expats selling to other expats did offer depreciation adjusted rates. 

On 13/08/2021 at 09:14, WhiteThai said:

Very true, but most sellers don't rub it in your face by saying you'll pay me beer money. IMHO The op made a mistake by telling prospective buyers what he paid for the bike just a few months ago. I myself might have been interested, but I'm not giving anybody beer money.

It was meant as humorous and full disclosure (open and honest).

I spent money to tax and insure and test it and also a full service, with a good mechanic.

Just for you I will knock off the beer money!

I bought it as I thought I would use it as a second bike, but I find I am not using it.

On 13/08/2021 at 08:29, article22 said:

The insurance is on the bike. so it is relevant, you have to have minimum insurance to tax the bike for the year.

Actually is it worth more, as I bought it with no tax and in need of a service and a new battery.

Still a cheap price for what it is.

I am guessing that the bike is in Pattaya or the surrounding area.  You might get a better response if you specify the general location in the listing.

8 hours ago, GorGuy said:

It was meant as humorous and full disclosure (open and honest).

I spent money to tax and insure and test it and also a full service, with a good mechanic.

Just for you I will knock off the beer money!

I bought it as I thought I would use it as a second bike, but I find I am not using it.

You might be in the future.

Jack

11 hours ago, Valicat said:

I am guessing that the bike is in Pattaya or the surrounding area.  You might get a better response if you specify the general location in the listing.

Clue number 1

1/ This is Pattaya Addicts 5555

Yes I am in Pattaya, not in my mum's basement in XYZ country.

4 hours ago, axunjaxn said:

You might be in the future.

Jack

True Jack, 

It is no big deal, if no-one wants it I will keep it.

If someone wants a reliable bike at a good price, the offer is there.

13 minutes ago, GorGuy said:

Clue number 1

1/ This is Pattaya Addicts 5555

Yes I am in Pattaya, not in my mum's basement in XYZ country.

Great, that's what I thought.  Good luck with your sale.

Shit - this advert has made me realise that next time I am in Pattaya I will spend the equivalent of a motorbike everyday on beer, blow jobs and bargirls.....

5 hours ago, shagwell said:

Is it the same one advertised on bahtsold.com for 19k baht?

No, it is not on bahtsold