IGNORED

Profile photo not showing when uploaded

Kenewbie

Hi,

When I try to change my profile photo with a .jpg on my disk, all that is loaded is a colored grid instead of the image.

Any ideas? Thx

10 minutes ago, Kenewbie said:

Hi,

When I try to change my profile photo with a .jpg on my disk, all that is loaded is a colored grid instead of the image.

Any ideas? Thx

Image size?

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

Image size?

The size in kb was less than the maximum.

The size in height x widht was not much, there is a limit that I didn't see?

Edited by Kenewbie

1 hour ago, Kenewbie said:

Hi,

Any ideas? Thx

something to try:
open the file in photoshop or similar program (or use a browser based program like https://pixlr.com/de/x/) , save it again without changing anything and see if the new file works. 
or post the file here, see if you can upload it. and a mod or another user can try and see if he can solve your problem. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

2 minutes ago, petehoax said:

something to try:
open the file in photoshop or similar program (or use a browser based program like https://pixlr.com/de/x/) , save it again without changing anything and see if the new file works. 
or post the file here, see if you can upload it. and a mod or another user can try and see if he can solve your problem. 

Already did the save with paint and gimp. I was able to upload the cover photo with no problems and also I can see that the attachment is working.

Here attached my want-to-be profile pics. As you can see I like... ehm... apples! :GrinNod1:

apple.jpeg

saved your pic, downloaded it and no problem using it as my avatar... but i'll change back again soon. maybe download it from here as well and then try that version. 

otherwise no idea, maybe you need a certain account age or post amount to have an avatar? don't know. 

image.png.f179f7a8cf4a7ce46547d25ec2fd3511.png

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Thanks Pete for your kindness and time. I suspect there is sometihng to do with account age. Let's wait.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Forgot to update: now it's working after I passed the first rank.