IGNORED

Thai government orders “fake news” bans in Royal Gazette, Digital Economy and Society Ministry to establish a special working group to combat fake news

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bangkok – The Royal Gazette this evening, July 29th, has issued “anti-fake news” restrictions, under the Emergency Decree, to ban all false news that could cause public panic and affect national security. The announcement prohibits all false and/or misleading information that could lead to public panic, confusion, and wrongdoings that might cause damages, worsening acts, and/or […]

Thai government orders “fake news” bans in Royal Gazette, Digital Economy and Society Ministry to establish a special working group to combat fake news
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

This obviously means the people that live here , should be careful about what they post on here on the subject of Covid.

4 hours ago, Syco said:

This obviously means the people that live here , should be careful about what they post on here on the subject of Covid.

True. I wonder if PA mods will also be active in keeping the "fake news" heat off PA.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I wish they has something like that in the UK. It would also be great in USA also. Our "independent" press is heavily influenced by advertisers and proprietors. Similar legislation to Thailand is required. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, likeaking said:

True. I wonder if PA mods will also be active in keeping the "fake news" heat off PA.

The issue with this Emergency Decree is that a BM and a mod may think a post made on here is accurate regarding Covid, but the authorities may deem that post as fake news.

This puts the people in Thailand associated with this forum at high risk.

Edited by Syco

1 hour ago, Syco said:

The issue with this Emergency Decree is that a BM and a mod may think a post made on here is accurate regarding Covid, but the authorities may deem that post as fake news.

This puts the people in Thailand associated with this forum at high risk.

History has shown that the Thai government has prosecuted only the OP and persons who reposted "fake news". Therefore I disagree with your statement that people associated with this forum are at high risk. I put "fake news" in quotes because the Royal Gazette said the government will determine what "fake news" is. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.