IGNORED

Toyota in Thailand news - production halted

PBJTIME

• 4 weeks later...

This is happening all the world. There's a major shortage of semiconductors which are needed to make the electronic chips in cars. Factories in Mexico are closed too. New car prices where i live up up 20%!

I lucked out.  I ordered a new Fortuner mid July.  When the closure happened my dealership checked and my vehicle was ready except for some upgrades that they could do in house.  I took delivery July 26.

2 hours ago, tko said:

I lucked out.  I ordered a new Fortuner mid July.  When the closure happened my dealership checked and my vehicle was ready except for some upgrades that they could do in house.  I took delivery July 26.

I sure wish I could say that. :-( I ordered my hybrid in late June and am still waiting. The dealer is hopeful for September-October. The hold up is it getting on a boat from Japan to Thailand. Those seem to be in short supply these days. I suspect if I'd ordered a gas model I'd already be driving it. 

3 minutes ago, Garzan said:

I sure wish I could say that. :-( I ordered my hybrid in late June and am still waiting. The dealer is hopeful for September-October. The hold up is it getting on a boat from Japan to Thailand. Those seem to be in short supply these days. I suspect if I'd ordered a gas model I'd already be driving it. 

Yeah, mine is diesel and they're Made in Thailand.

The top 5 lessons you need to know about new-car shortages in 2021

Edited by Syco
  • Like 3