IGNORED

German man pick pocketed by alleged prostitute in Pattaya overnight

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Patttaya – A German man told Pattaya police that a woman he believes was a prostitute has stolen his money from his pocket in Pattaya last night (July 7th). The Pattaya City Police was notified of the incident at 11:30 P.M. in Soi 13/1 Pattaya Beach Road in Nongprue, not far from the Hops Brewhouse. […]

German man pick pocketed by alleged prostitute in Pattaya overnight
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

He's walking around at 11pm when everything is closed, but he has 15,000 baht in his pocket? Something very fishy with that story. 

'Pattaya Police added that finding the culprit was important because the incident hurt what they called the good image of Pattaya to tourists and foreigners.'

Wonder what he was up to. Consider it an idiot tax i guess for walking down dark alleys late at night carrying loads of cash. Relaxing walks definitely don't cost 15,000 baht.

Dark alleys, freelance sex worker, OAP and 15k baht carried for a relaxing walk. Aye sound it seems legit. 

Im not a gambler but im willing to bet there's something more to that scenario. 

Hes involved too deep in a scam, or upped the money for a claim, gullible dottled and not street wise. 

Probably all. And in the media too. No doubt that was his relaxing walk fucked. 

Lots of weird protestations here about a guy having three hundred quid or so in his pocket. 

Cant think of when Id have had less in mine since school days

15 minutes ago, regyai said:

Lots of weird protestations here about a guy having three hundred quid or so in his pocket. 

Have you ever been to Pattaya before?  One doesn’t walk around with 15,000 baht in ones pocket. 

1 hour ago, goodtimesonly said:

He has joined a not very exclusive club!

Not  yet. Entrance level to join the club is insurance claim  exceeds 300.000 THB.

17 minutes ago, regyai said:

more to do with the fact that at that time nothing is open, not even 7/11. Maybe he was worried about leaving it in hotel room?

22 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Have you ever been to Pattaya before?  One doesn’t walk around with 15,000 baht in ones pocket. 

??

Yes over a hundred times in the last two decades or so...and you?

& one does  :D

• Like 1

Not sure why all the victim blaming is necessary. Not everyone here has a Thai bank account or trusts their apartment security or in-room safe if they have one. 15,000 baht isn't that much to carry around. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

I certainly do. I've always got a couple of hundred in my pocket wherever I am.

Why are people thinking its fishy or a scam. How do you know he's not vulnerable and likes to keep cash on him, that could of been his money for a few days, maybe he was going to lend it to someone, maybe he had just withdrew it for his antics in the morning and he was being watched all the way from the ATM? 

If he was pulling a scam to try to be reimbursed then surely he would of said it was more money than 15,000b

Edited by BuakhaoBarry
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, socrates said:

Soi13/1 - no dark alley and renowned for LB's hanging around and using ST rooms on the same Soi - so I think he kind of knew what he was doing - just didnt expect to get robbed

Picture accompanying the news article showed a pretty dark street. Yes, well lit in normal non--covid times. Not many people in the street either.

7 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

of course one does! I never used to go out with less than 10K Baht (in normal times).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, oschkosch said:

of course one does! I never used to go out with less than 10K Baht (in normal times).

Right what a weird comment by Arnie.   My friends and I would never leave the hotel with less than 20K .  Not saying we use it all. But we are prepared if we need to 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OKAY said:

Picture accompanying the news article showed a pretty dark street. Yes, well lit in normal non--covid times. Not many people in the street either.

Alley and a Soi are two different things - this is a well known Soi for guys who pick up LBs