Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Don't mess with Pattaya Volunteer Police!

lickard

Well I don't see the arrogance in the vid. I'm not sure if it's OK to film police (tourist police or regular) but in most countries the police may not like it. The initial conversation is quite polite so I don't see a reason to call the TP arrogant.

I don't know any of the people involved, but last month I had one interaction with the TP (another guy) who was very polite, very helpful so at least there's one good guy with the TP. :)

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

I don't get it? What's your problem? I think the guy with the video camera filming the tourist police is showing his true colors...a loser.

Well I don't see the arrogance in the vid. I'm not sure if it's OK to film police (tourist police or regular) but in most countries the police may not like it. The initial conversation is quite polite so I don't see a reason to call the TP arrogant.

I don't know any of the people involved, but last month I had one interaction with the TP (another guy) who was very polite, very helpful so at least there's one good guy with the TP. :)

Arrogant or not I think the whole point of this is that they are NOT police. They are guys just like you and me exercising an authority they don't have.

Before this thread develops any further, I would remind all our members of rule 2 :

2. No disrespectful or inflammatory discussion regarding the current Thai government is permitted this includes all government agencies such as the Thai military, police, customs and immigration services.

Once upon a time, as some of our origional members may recall, we had another thread about the Volunteer tourist police that caused more trouble for the board than any other single issue has ever caused.

Rule 2 will be enforced.

Please keep this in mind before you post.

Many of you live in countries where free speech about your government institutions is allowed.

Those of us who live in Thailand don't have that luxury. Any of the board owners or moderators who live in Thailand may be held responsible for what is posted in this thread.

Any derogatory comments about Any branch of the Thai police will be removed, and as the applicable rule has been stated here, anyone who chooses to disobey it will suffer disciplinary action up to and including a full lifetime ban. I can't put it any fairer than that.

If problems arise from this thread, it will be closed immediately.

NB : excuses like : "I was pissed when I posted that" or "I was only joking, haven't you got a sense of humor?" will not be accepted in this case.

Murgatroyd

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

Howard may get called a lot of things, but I have seen him at work many times, and I have seen him only act professionally with politeness and smiles. (during duty)

The guy with the camera was seen following them, then all of a sudden, sitting there filming them.

Filming them on passing is one thing, filming them as the main focal point is a different thing.

Try filming police in england and they say the same thing. The camera man was lucky not to have his footage checked and taken away.

The tourist police get alot of shite (most of the time unwarranted) however they are the ones standing there every night, helping tourists for free.

Common belief is that tourist police in pattaya are used to sting gogo's/bars. But i have it under good authority, that they use farang from different cities. (it makes total sense)

whether this is in thailand or england makes no differance as far as i can see. the bottom line of the story is there is no story.

if the op persistantly filmed me without my permission be it in thailand or not i would be less than happy and if the camera survived then he really would have had something to post.

he obviously has some axe to grind here but god knows what, i have seen nothing that i would class as arrogant except the inflammatory responses that he was giving to the tp.

i am of an age that has seen respect for authority diminish within the younger generation to the point where there is no respect left and no fear of consequences for actions as well. whether they have any real authority or just have perceived authority they are none the less there for the general benefit of all tourists and should be treated with the respect that you expect others to treat you with.

Also remember that we live in a society now where filming of people without permission is a breach of their human rights although i can hear lickard claiming now that his have been breached as well. but thats what we call double standards.

COVERT FILMING OF ANY KIND IS WHATS REALLY WORRYING ME HERE. what or who were you originally trying to film ?

The Police, regardless if they are Volunteer or paid dont need people watching their every move. As a general rule llaw enforcement doesnt like people watching their operations as it give criminals a upper hand if they wish to use it against them.

From a personal standpoint I wouldnt allow someone to film me either. If I asked someone to stop filming me and they didnt I would probally bust their camera into peices.

Police have a hard enough job chasing down drunk idiots and fights every night to have to worry about freelancer filming their every move. Furthermore I dont think they should allow ANYONE to use movie cameras on Walking Street. Next thing you know they got a bullshit news story on prostitution in Thailand on CNN and it gives everyone a headache. I personally think they should ban the use of camcorders upon entry into Walking Street. Lots of guys come there and lets face it alot of them have wives and Girlfriends back home and that sucks when people show their videos and it exposes them.

I for one respect the tourist police and I think its one of the best ideas that have ever come out of Thailand. Volunteer force is helping them and thats great too. Anything to keep Pattaya a safer place is great with me.

Edited by SlickMonkey

A large number of us do not live in thailand perminantly, some of us only go to the bars. There are a lot of things different from our native contries. I think that i would be a little concerned about what was going on and may be a little worried about my own safety.

Not evan our own community officers, dont make mistakes. As for the way some one walks, talks or looks, is a little one sided and of no relivance, unless you feel threatened.

I agree with everyone else.

I don't see a problem in them asking him to stop. You don't film police, soldiers or official persons with out asking for permission.

If something had happened where they had to step in and calm down the situation and it escalated we all know what would be posted of it. Only the part that could put the police in a bad light not what happened before or after.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

I'd agree with Murg on this one. Show us some Rodney King action

555, usually those are the "street justice" videos

i spat the dummy