IGNORED

Tour de France 2021

jaynewcastle

An exciting days riding in the Alps, and for the 1st time in the 25 years I've been watching the Tour, looks like its been won inside the 1st week

Regardless how much I like the race the overall question is; why do bikers have smaller ass than the rest of the public??? Logically they would need more polstering sitting on a 11/4" seat for extended periods, days after days. Do they have a miracal diet??

9 hours ago, Kandinski said:

Regardless how much I like the race the overall question is; why do bikers have smaller ass than the rest of the public??? Logically they would need more polstering sitting on a 11/4" seat for extended periods, days after days. Do they have a miracal diet??

Their secret diet is burning 8,000+ calories a day 

the ass doesn't really hurt.
a) they have a saddle that fits them properly (makes a huge difference)
b) they're extremely used to it
c) they use super high end bib-shorts and sometimes also chamoix cream that further reduces friction

about their ass size: i don't really look at their asses. but most good climbers in cycling are small and extremely skinny by nature (and diet and training and probably some other things...)

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Yes indeed,  Tadej Pogacar made a massive move in persuit of the Tour win of 2021. He went on the first good mountain and kept making the difference in time off his appointments. Let's hope there's some competition because other way's it's gonna get a little boring. Today is the second Alph stage so let's see what happens.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, petehoax said:

sometimes also chamoix cream that further reduces friction

Chamoix cream is that the same as ass lube?

12 hours ago, Tatanka said:

Their secret diet is burning 8,000+ calories a day 

Well, iaw the reknown web site, The better butt challenge, cycling will infact increase butt size https://betterbuttchallenge.com/is-cycling-good-for-your-butt/

Edited by Kandinski
Inappropriate link to private movie edited

I actually hate it, but after watching pro-cycling for decades, every time someone starts to dominate a race, I start to become suspicious.

1 hour ago, Kandinski said:

Chamoix cream is that the same as ass lube?

if with ass lube you mean the thing you put on your dick or in an ass for sex, then no. 

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/fitness/training/chamois-cream-explained-139014 is an explainer. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

8 hours ago, petehoax said:

if with ass lube you mean the thing you put on your dick or in an ass for sex, then no. 

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/fitness/training/chamois-cream-explained-139014 is an explainer. 

Bag or Udder Balm works too.

Bag Balm comes to cycling from an udder market

813fFd0dj3L._AC_SX569_.jpg

I’ve used these two.   The Assos one gives a mildly pleasant tingling sensation when applying it.  Fo those not in the know - you don’t wear underwear when wearing cycling knicks.

In days gone by some pros swore that a piece of steak inside your shorts was the way to go.

C2C30914-27D5-4296-8992-9C3EA29FE3DE.jpeg

DD37B5D3-5509-4E86-B146-C39D4C902116.jpeg

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

24 minutes ago, SteveX08 said:

In days gone by some pros swore that a piece of steak inside your shorts was the way to go.

Then cook it up for the evening meal. :Cheers9:

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Then cook it up for the evening meal. :Cheers9:

Tenderized for 6 hous they didn't have to cook. Beef Tartare

• Haha 2

Thrilled to see a fellow Aussie …. Ben O’Connor …. wining yesterday’s mountain stage by 5 minutes..massive.   Now he’s 2nd overall …..I’m on the Ben bandwagon 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Thrilled to see a fellow Aussie …. Ben O’Connor …. wining yesterday’s mountain stage by 5 minutes..massive.   Now he’s 2nd overall …..I’m on the Ben bandwagon 

I suspect he only won by a long way because he was allowed to get away by the group of leaders.  Now he's on their radar he won't be allowed to get away again.  IMO getting away when you're a marked man is a much greater achievement than getting away when the leaders don't care about you.

OTOH it actually wouldn't surprise me if Pogacar would be willing to allow O'Connor another carefully controlled 2.15 or so to give him yellow to therefore get Pogacar off all the tiring media interviews as leader.  It's long been a tactic to give a minnow yellow for the first two weeks or so just to take the media pressure off the real leaders.  I've always thought Alaphilippe's periods in yellow were of that nature, except one year he turned out to be fairly resilient in hanging onto the lead.  If O'Connor went off up the road and looked like building up a couple of minutes on the day, Jumbo Visma or Ineos would probably have to lead the chase to protect their positions, so little pressure on UAE Emirates.  UAE might be more willing to let O'Connor get up the road again than JV, Ineos or Movistar.  Maybe Ventoux is too serious for those kind of games though.

Edited by SirL

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile in the Tour :D

E6blRnPXsAAcpZy.jpg