IGNORED

My COVID vaccination hopes dashed with a phone call

Rick Blaine

Yesterday, I read that starting on July 1st, today,  private hospitals in Pattaya  (Thailand) would begin taking reservations for a Moderna vaccination  given at a cost of 3400. THB for both shots.   When I awoke today i asked the Missus to call PBH to ask about this.   She was told they were already full.   

I was puzzled about this as I though the plan was to register people, collect payment and then order the appropriate number of vaccine units.    I guess the plan is different than my understanding.

So since this involved the Moderna vaccine I thought the Missus would be excited to pursue finding out   about this.     Personally I just figured one down four or more to go:

Search Results

I asked her to call each of these other four hospitals and we came up with a big  fat zero.    Not only did the Memorial and International  Hospitals (both private hospitals) just say "not available"  they added they had no information at all about where it may be possible now or later to get a vaccination.

I realize the vaccinations will eventually become available in Thailand but I also have great interest in that happening prior to me or my Missus contracting this horrible virus.    

For whatever reason Thailand avoided the spreading of the virus initially which was positive.      It's   also shown however  an equally bad response to dealing with it today with proper vaccine purchases and  programs to vaccinate.   

One friend apologized for Thailand's  current failure  by claiming Thailand is a poor country and couldn't risk buying unnecessary doses of vaccine it didn't need.     I had to respectably disagree with him.     While I don't think Thailand is a wealthy country compared to many countries it's far from being a Laos, Philippines or Myanmar.   The government can forestall building a high speed train or buying submarines to defend people who are already dead and don't need transportation or defending.

While I can't produce supporting data  since  it's not available  I'd bet  the ranch there are very few if any wealthy Thais or CEO's who are as yet unvaccinated.

Hi,  just as a option , just try Thainakarin Hospital , Bangna Trad , Bangna , - +66 2 340 7777  to see if they have any spaces left .

I had prepaid mine last week, then my step daughter who was supposed to get AZ re normal channels  was told you get what you are given on her appointment for the 15th July , hence we contacted Thainakarin and they still had slots and prepaid .

Had nothing from the majors here despite taking all details but Thainakarin was the first one

Worth a try

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Billy No Mates123 said:

Hi,  just as a option , just try Thainakarin Hospital , Bangna Trad , Bangna , - +66 2 340 7777  to see if they have any spaces left .

I had prepaid mine last week, then my step daughter who was supposed to get AZ re normal channels  was told you get what you are given on her appointment for the 15th July , hence we contacted Thainakarin and they still had slots and prepaid .

Had nothing from the majors here despite taking all details but Thainakarin was the first one

Worth a try

Thanks for the tip, Billy but no go.     They are finished with registration and said to call  back in OCTOBER!!

Not looking so good it appears.

• Like 2

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital took registration from 9:00(happening when I arrived-maybe earlier) until I left at 13:00. They were still going then. Showing up in person is way more effective.

Jack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, axunjaxn said:

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital took registration from 9:00(happening when I arrived-maybe earlier) until I left at 13:00. They were still going then. Showing up in person is way more effective.

Jack

about 2.5 hours ago, the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya FaceBook page said they are all filled up with bookings for vaccinations/not taking anyMO, and to check on their FB page/LINE/etc - for further info/when they will get more vaccine...

• Like 1

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

5 hours ago, Rick Blaine said:

Yesterday, I read that starting on July 1st, today,  private hospitals in Pattaya  (Thailand) would begin taking reservations for a Moderna vaccination  given at a cost of 3400. THB for both shots.   When I awoke today i asked the Missus to call PBH to ask about this.   She was told they were already full.   

I was puzzled about this as I though the plan was to register people, collect payment and then order the appropriate number of vaccine units.    I guess the plan is different than my understanding.

So since this involved the Moderna vaccine I thought the Missus would be excited to pursue finding out   about this.     Personally I just figured one down four or more to go:

Search Results

I asked her to call each of these other four hospitals and we came up with a big  fat zero.    Not only did the Memorial and International  Hospitals (both private hospitals) just say "not available"  they added they had no information at all about where it may be possible now or later to get a vaccination.

I realize the vaccinations will eventually become available in Thailand but I also have great interest in that happening prior to me or my Missus contracting this horrible virus.    

For whatever reason Thailand avoided the spreading of the virus initially which was positive.      It's   also shown however  an equally bad response to dealing with it today with proper vaccine purchases and  programs to vaccinate.   

One friend apologized for Thailand's  current failure  by claiming Thailand is a poor country and couldn't risk buying unnecessary doses of vaccine it didn't need.     I had to respectably disagree with him.     While I don't think Thailand is a wealthy country compared to many countries it's far from being a Laos, Philippines or Myanmar.   The government can forestall building a high speed train or buying submarines to defend people who are already dead and don't need transportation or defending.

While I can't produce supporting data  since  it's not available  I'd bet  the ranch there are very few if any wealthy Thais or CEO's who are as yet unvaccinated.

What province is your missus from? Certain provinces are steaming ahead of others when it comes to vaccine availability.

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

17 hours ago, axunjaxn said:

Jack

Thanks axunjaxn.    What I read about it said  "starting today" meaning on July 1st registration was possible at some private hospitals.      I had no idea it was going to be so limited.

How did you get such a sense of urgency to go to the hospital at 9:00 AM?   Did you read that somewhere?

Did you get a vaccination  already or is that scheduled for some time in the future?

14 hours ago, kane666 said:

What province is your missus from? Certain provinces are steaming ahead of others when it comes to vaccine availability.

She in the heart of Issan, kane and just returned from a visit with the fam.     She stays on top of the village situation and I've urged her to make sure her family gets a vaccination  as soon as  it becomes available.

19 hours ago, Billy No Mates123 said:

was told you get what you are given on her appointment for the 15th July , hence we contacted Thainakarin and they still had slots and prepaid .

The Missus told me a few weeks ago when I asked her about registering for a jab that she really doesn't want the Sinovac as she genuinely doesn't trust China.

I feel I have to respect her wishes on that.    I must  add she's not one to speak negatively about most anything so offering her opinion about Sinovac was really out of character.

26 minutes ago, Rick Blaine said:

She in the heart of Issan, kane and just returned from a visit with the fam.     She stays on top of the village situation and I've urged her to make sure her family gets a vaccination  as soon as  it becomes available.

I know 2 girls under the age of 25 in Buriram who had their first shot of AZ last week. Their parents were given Sinovac.

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 02/07/2021 at 14:44, Billy No Mates123 said:

@Rick Blaine hi, the Medpark hospital in Bangkok just contacted my mate for prepaying 3300 for vac (Moderna) here are the details maybe worth a call to see if any slots

Open 24 hours

I tried to contact the hospital last night when I first read you post, Billy, but didn't get through.    Today I got through and was told the registration  was full.    

The person with whom I spoke however offered to take my details and contact me when registration becomes open again.   I asked him and was told it's also possible for a Thai person under 60 to get the  vaccination so my wife also gave her details.

So your number works and  hopefully there will be an email sent  before too long  announcing a new registration  period.

Thanks once again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick Blaine said:

I tried to contact the hospital last night when I first read you post, Billy, but didn't get through.    Today I got through and was told the registration  was full.    

The person with whom I spoke however offered to take my details and contact me when registration becomes open again.   I asked him and was told it's also possible for a Thai person under 60 to get the  vaccination so my wife also gave her details.

So your number works and  hopefully there will be an email sent  before too long  announcing a new registration  period.

Thanks once again.

@Rick Blaine that's good, will keep you posted if I hear any others etc in BKK area etc.       I am hoping now seeing stuff like 20m Pfizer ordered etc that all this may be "redundant" but sadly think "I hope tooo mutt"  :-))

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Billy No Mates123 said:

but sadly think "I hope tooo mutt"  :-))

:Clap1:  Thank you and I hope your too mutt isn't too mutt.

I also used the contact link for Bangkok HuaHin Hospital and  explained we used the QR code at exactly 1:00 PM when the site opened for registration and found  it was full 5 minutes later.    I said I'm at a loss as to how we could have  improved on our effort.     I went on to  say we need the vaccination and know the only place to receive one is at a medical facility.   I asked for help in  learning how and where we can get the COVID -19   vaccination.

The site says a person will contact back within  24 hours.    I look forward to a helpful  explanation. 

I was also told at MedPark Hospital that they had about 5 - 8000 reservation slots  available  last week and are currently vaccinating  around 20,000 people weekly.

Edited by Rick Blaine
  • Like 1