Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mexican on the hill

AlantheBuilder

I haven't tried it yet, still hoping that Coyote will open up a branch in Pattaya or at least Sunrise Tacos, especially Coyote has awesome mexican food and a great margarita selection

• 3 weeks later...

Have not eaten there but would like a report too.

I usually eat at the one on soi 7 (or8)

If you are talking about Mike's Mexican food it is decent. I think they focus on Tex Mex rather than ribs and burgers like some other joints. It is worth a visit. I took a girl with me once and they did not have Thai food but she could eat the Fajitas and Carnitas.

Yeah its Mikes. I like the food eat there every couple of weeks. Mikes a nice guy & his missus is a real nice lady. Will be better when they finish that road. had lunch there last week & noise from the roadworks was bad. I believe they have brought their own property a couple of shop houses down the hill & will be moving there next couple of months. I say I like the food there but will not get into any debate if it is Mexican or not, for me it tastes good so I like it.

Mikes has good food but wait a couple of weeks till they finish the road there, at the moment the dust and dirt going down the hill is horrendous.

Mexican food...that's something I never tried before, so I'll have to give it a try sometime in the future.

i'll need to try this place out next trip though i'm always sceptical about mexican food away from the u.s. or mexico. did get some really decent mex food in phnom phen once though and tj's in kuta does pretty decent stuff. do they have enchiladas?

There are many places in Pattaya for Mexican food/Tex Mex

1) Bob's BBQ on Soi LK Metro (www.bobs-bbq.com)

2) Tequila Reef on Soi 7 near beach road (www.tequilareef.com)

3) Sam's at Jomtiem New Plaza

4) Al's next to Club Oasis on Soi buakaow and across from Big C in N. Pattaya

If you are just on a holiday for a couple of weeks it might not be worth it but once you stay here a while you will appreciate these places.

There are many places in Pattaya for Mexican food/Tex Mex

1) Bob's BBQ on Soi lk metro (www.bobs-bbq.com)

2) Tequila Reef on Soi 7 near beach road (www.tequilareef.com)

3) Sam's at Jomtiem New Plaza

4) Al's next to Club Oasis on Soi buakaow and across from Big C in N. Pattaya

If you are just on a holiday for a couple of weeks it might not be worth it but once you stay here a while you will appreciate these places.

even though i've lived in texas for 20+ years now i must admit i'm no great fan of tex mex, mostly i guess because they love to mix ground beef in so many of their sauces etc. and i don't eat beef or pork. when i lived in southern california is when i truly fell in love with mexican food and of course i love it all over mexico. they seem to think some of their dishes are hot but what they consider "picante" doesn't hold a candle to the heat in some thai dishes. MAI PHET? MAI AROI!

I love mexican and texmex foods. Tried Mike's and was very impressed. Good tequila selection, great food, everything very fresh and good. Strongly recommended. If you try Tequila Reef, get a margarita and leave it at that. Food not so good, IMHO.

- Cochran

• 2 weeks later...
I love mexican and texmex foods. Tried Mike's and was very impressed. Good tequila selection, great food, everything very fresh and good. Strongly recommended. If you try Tequila Reef, get a margarita and leave it at that. Food not so good, IMHO.

Me being from Texas and everyone saying Mikes is TEX_MEX, I will probably eat there every 2 days. Did they serve the yummy greasey cheesey enchaldas? Any one have a address, cause this will be my first stop before my hotel. I crave good tex-mex. How were their chips and salsa? Chili -Conqueso? Damn Im starving.

Mole chicken is what I'd want. Either that or fish tacos and a nice cold beer (really cold with ice chips). Wasn't on the menu at TR and didn't try Bob's.

Me being from Texas and everyone saying Mikes is TEX_MEX, I will probably eat there every 2 days. Did they serve the yummy greasey cheesey enchaldas? Any one have a address, cause this will be my first stop before my hotel. I crave good tex-mex. How were their chips and salsa? Chili -Conqueso? Damn Im starving.

Here is the website, they have a map. location is not that good. http://www.mikes.happyhost.org