IGNORED

Australia donates 68 million baht to Thailand to support vaccinations

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thailand- Yesterday, April 30th, 2021, the Australian Embassy announced that Australia had given Thailand 68 million baht (About 2.8 million USD) to support Thailand’s vaccine program and to help Thailand vaccinate the country faster. According to the Australian Embassy, this was to overall support the Australian government’s plans to provide widespread vaccine access and better […]

Australia donates 68 million baht to Thailand to support vaccinations
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Why didn't they use that money to buy sufficient vaccines for the Australian expats and citizens living here so we can get back to Australia if we have to. They cancelled the fucking flights I was booked on. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

8 hours ago, Ron Rat said:

Why didn't they use that money to buy sufficient vaccines for the Australian expats and citizens living here so we can get back to Australia if we have to. They cancelled the fucking flights I was booked on. 

Maybe they did donate it on the proviso that the vaccines go to Aussie expats...it may be in the details somewhere that the expats may be notified.

• Haha 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

It's nice to hear that a rich country like Australia helps out other countries, Bravo!!

:Clap:

4 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

It's nice to hear that a rich country like Australia helps out other countries, Bravo!!

:Clap:

Us Australian taxpayers give a shitload of money and goodwill to many neighbouring countries especially Indonesia and the South Sea island countries like Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea. I personally think that it may come back to bite us in the future especially places like Indonesia.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Its called vaccine diplomacy. Pretty pointless in the circumstances.

It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it.

Australia is in a position to help our friends & neighbors and we should do so.

More of it I say, much much more.

Not only is it the right thing to do, its in our interests that these countries get back on their feet asap.

• Like 4

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

Nice of the Ozz government to help out with my Tax Money but going by their Covid site I'm not entitled to a shot while being in Thailand. Also I wonder if they will accept the Chinese jab or the Russian jab as being vaccinated.

Will Australians overseas be included in the vaccine roll-out?

Australia’s COVID-19 vaccinations will be available to people in Australia. The domestic rollout does not extend to Australian citizens while overseas.  

https://www.australia.gov.au/internationalfaqs

Thailand should send it back.   Australia has proven itself shit at vaccination.     

41 minutes ago, keepitfun said:

Thailand should send it back.   Australia has proven itself shit at vaccination.     

Yeah like I said to the ex when the Thai brother in law did need the money anymore.....555

Skippy

Why does Australia give to Thailand when the Thai Billionaires don't? Thailand is not poor economically.  Doubtful if much of this Aid gets down to the lower levels of Thai society. 

Rather than let this stray into a political discussion on the merits (or lack thereof) of foreign aid, this thread is locked to further comments - the news/story is what it is.

• Like 1

• Luv2Phuket locked this topic