Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cases of Covid-19 rise in Chonburi, 125 new and confirmed infections today

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Chonburi, Thailand- The province of Chonburi, Thailand, which includes Pattaya, announced this morning on their social media channels a total of 125 new, confirmed cases of Covid-19 which is a rise in Covid-19 cases overall in the province and the most since April 17th. The districts in the province where cases were found are as […]

Cases of Covid-19 rise in Chonburi, 125 new and confirmed infections today
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

1 minute ago, WhiteThai said:

Why is it still going up?

If you watched some of the latest videos out of Pattaya there are still a large amount of people that are not properly wearing masks, plus this thing has a few days delay in symptoms showing up.  Thats how it spreads.

Don't be shocked if the numbers continue to rise.  They will keep going higher until they get their vaccine program underway, sometime this summer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Asymptomatic passing the virus on to others, plus an incubation period of anywhere from 5 to 14 days. So we're still in the window of when restrictions were put in place and those that were previously infected are now showing symptoms and/or getting tested.

54 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Exponential growth, people coming back home after the holidays, all the ladies still here huddled in poorly ventilated rooms doing live streams but still fucking their boyfriends and regulars who also have many contacts. I watch some live streams where there have been confirmed cases found by contact tracing and ladies are out sick, coughing, sneezing, nose running etc.. so still being easily spread even with everything closed.

Looking at this video that was shot on the 21st it seems as if the mask mandate is not being followed in Pattaya.

Masks are not 100% effective, but they do help reduce the transmission of the virus.

We all learn to use the toilet at a young age but did we all as some can not fit a mask properly.but then there are a lot of dumb people about.

7 hours ago, Roadglide said:

Looking at this video that was shot on the 21st it seems as if the mask mandate is not being followed in Pattaya.

Masks are not 100% effective, but they do help reduce the transmission of the virus.

Thanks for posting that Roadglide.

If the YouTube clip is an accurate depiction of the casual approach being taken in Pattaya to trying to contain and reduce the spread of the virus and get the town back to some form of so called 'normality' it is all very disappointing.

Its fcuking irresponsible as well - again IF its an accurate depiction. But nothing apparent to indicate that its not accurate.

Plenty of jobs, businesses etc are riding on the co-operation of people to do basic things like, social distancing, frequent hand sanitizing and face mask use in crowded areas, indoor areas, public transport etc.

The measures are barely an inconvenience and are basically just good manners. If the above is an accurate depiction, it seems its too much to ask of some.

I'm amazed the BiB aren't all over this ? Maybe the sale of booze will need to be turned off altogether for the duration?

Pretty sad really, hope its just in isolation but either way its just not good enough and will just further push out any recovery.

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 2

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

8 hours ago, Roadglide said:

I don't think there have been many(any?) cases of the virus spreading outdoors but I still always wear one outside. Especially important now that there are huge fines in some places for not doing so.

46 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

I don't think there have been many(any?) cases of the virus spreading outdoors but I still always wear one outside. Especially important now that there are huge fines in some places for not doing so.

Good that you wear a mask etc. The significant fines should 'motivate' many/ most people, hopefully ?

But its unknowable whether spread of the virus happen(s) outdoors or not. OK its reasonable to say the risk of spread should be lower outdoors, subject to adequate social distancing etc, but thats about it. 

If outdoors, not observing adequate social distancing, no mask and booze is added, then inhibitions etc are lowered setting the scene for easier virus spread - then if, say just 'going abouts' outdoors.

(BTW - I'm no wowser* when it comes to booze - I enjoy a drink as much as anyone etc, just a time and a place for it etc)

From what I can gauge what appears 'different' this time is that some people are aware of people in their close vicinity having tested positive in recent times - eg Alex from Runway bar said in his thread the other day that he was aware of several people in Soi Honey testing positive.

Anyway - just hoping this bloody thing can be quickly contained like most other people.

(*"Wowser" is an Australian and New Zealand term that refers to a person who seeks to deprive others of certain behaviour - in this instance talking about booze during time of Covid restrictions etc)

Edited by Zeb

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

9 hours ago, Roadglide said:

I managed to watch 3 minutes of that shameful intrusion into people's lives, and it seemed that almost all of the people that weren't wearing masks were social distancing, or in their own groups with what I imagine is family. Didn't see anything wrong with their behavior.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

I managed to watch 3 minutes of that shameful intrusion into people's lives, and it seemed that almost all of the people that weren't wearing masks were social distancing, or in their own groups with what I imagine is family. Didn't see anything wrong with their behavior.  

Really??? 2839 new cases reported in Thailand today.  I really hope that none of the people NOT wearing masks are infected, but if they are.... do you want to take that risk?

:20, :49, 1:46, at 2:08 do you think all 4 are in the same household?, 2:42, 2:47, 2:54, mask on your chin at 3:13 does no good, 3:36 the two women in the background, 4:12, 4:20, 4:28, 4:47, 5:17, 5:24, 5:30, 6:05, 6:09, 6:44, 7:03, 7:10, 7:22, 7:40, 7:47.

While you didn't see anything wrong with their behavior, the fact is proper mask wearing will slow sown the virus.