IGNORED

Thai Tourism Authority announces Entry Thailand online platform for vaccinated foreign visitors

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The following is a press release from the Tourism Authority of Thailand, TAT Newsroom. Their statements and opinions are their own. Bangkok, 21 April, 2021 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to announce the launch of the “Entry Thailand” online platform under integrated efforts by related government agencies to facilitate vaccinated international […]

Thai Tourism Authority announces Entry Thailand online platform for vaccinated foreign visitors
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Now that is the kind of official site that I have been waiting for.

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

When there is no quarantine required for vaccinated people, I will be very interested. I'm hoping for next winter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I read through those conditions(especially the ones aside from getting vaccination) and such believe I will continue to support countries that have lesser restrictions.  I am still very much on fence regarding getting covid vaccination or not.  I am not against vaccinations(recent ones that I have got are for shingles and pneumonia), but I still do not see a need for the covid one.

• Like 2

Have they dropped the requirement for a pcr covid test 72 hours prior to your departure flight for vaccinated tourists? As it is not in the steps in the article, also it says you must book a repatriation or semi commercial flight, is semi commercial just what I would normally book with Eva air or Thai airways from LHR?

Edited by ngmassive

3 minutes ago, ngmassive said:

Have they dropped the requirement for a pcr covid test 72 hours prior to your departure flight for vaccinated tourists? NO THEY HAVEN’T As it is not in the steps in the article, also it says you must book a repatriation or semi commercial flight, is semi commercial just what I would normally book with Eva air or Thai airways from LHR? ANY FLIGHT WITH AN AIRLINE THAT HAS PERMISSION TO FLY PASSENGERS INTO THAILAND 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Could you use Qatar Airlines ?

9 minutes ago, Wiley Coyote said:

Could you use Qatar Airlines ?

To get to Thailand, yes.

You can’t currently use them to fly TO the U.K. as Qatar is on the red list.

15 minutes ago, davidge said:

To get to Thailand, yes.

You can’t currently use them to fly TO the U.K. as Qatar is on the red list.

Thank you 

Hoping as Doha,Dubai,Abu Dhabi are travel hubs they may re-open in the summer.

I am not sure if British Airways has a permission to fly passengers back into Thailand

1 minute ago, Wiley Coyote said:

Thank you 

Hoping as Doha,Dubai,Abu Dhabi are travel hubs they may re-open in the summer.

I am not sure if British Airways has a permission to fly passengers back into Thailand

BA not flying at the moment. I think they could if they wanted but they don’t think it’s viable.

The Transport Secretary said yesterday that the UAE was in the red list BECAUSE Dubai & Abu Dhabi are major hubs so I wouldn’t rely on it changing. Though you never  know.

Fingers crossed that the situation develops for the best. When quarantine is less than 4 days I will seriously consider booking, the requirements now seem to changing almost weekly.

Haven't had my second jab as yet but must be soon and although not a supporter of the monarchy here in the UK; the Queen has given the best observation so far about getting a vaccine jab, to "think about other people rather than themselves".

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

23 hours ago, davidge said:

BA not flying at the moment. I think they could if they wanted but they don’t think it’s viable.

The Transport Secretary said yesterday that the UAE was in the red list BECAUSE Dubai & Abu Dhabi are major hubs so I wouldn’t rely on it changing. Though you never  know.

Oh Dear !

Thank you for the update

On 21/04/2021 at 15:05, rioman said:

When I read through those conditions(especially the ones aside from getting vaccination) and such believe I will continue to support countries that have lesser restrictions.  I am still very much on fence regarding getting covid vaccination or not.  I am not against vaccinations(recent ones that I have got are for shingles and pneumonia), but I still do not see a need for the covid one.

Really???? 

I'm fully vaccinated now with both Pfizer jabs,  but until they say "No Quarantine for vaccinated travelers then it's a non starter.

I don't mind, and even agree with, a test before you fly, and when you land.   and of course a reputable Covid Insurance policy, but to lose some of my limited holiday in an overpriced below standard hotel is something I'm not willing to accept, and I don't think I'm alone in that thinking.

17 minutes ago, Mally2907 said:

I'm fully vaccinated now with both Pfizer jabs,  but until they say "No Quarantine for vaccinated travelers then it's a non starter.

I don't mind, and even agree with, a test before you fly, and when you land.   and of course a reputable Covid Insurance policy, but to lose some of my limited holiday in an overpriced below standard hotel is something I'm not willing to accept, and I don't think I'm alone in that thinking.

I with you on that, but my health insurance covers me and they won't accept it. I'll have to buy one of there brands and that is bullshit. Getting a COVID test and the results withing 72 hrs isn't an easy task. 

I'm vacccinated(Moderna) and I'll do 1 day and take a test upon arrival. So, here I sit and the waiting game begins.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mally2907 said:

Yes agree. Thats on the money IMO.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

I have already got the virus and recovered.  I will get vaccinated once they begin letting people in with no quarentine.  I thought things would open up sooner once people started to get vaccinated.  

I will be looking into other options,  since all of Asia doesn't look to he opened soon. 

• Like 2